• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tunavi

Banned
iYcfD3VplKvz3.gif
lmao

Magni

halo 3 is much better with 60 fps and dedi's

Just had my first Halo 3 game in years, Team BRs on Citadel. Dedicated servers change the game holy shit, I felt like I was playing on LAN!

edit: What's the point of giving us three options if they're all SMG starts? And why is there a Banshee in a 4v4 (nevermind a 3v3) game? What the fuck 343, how do you not learn ANYTHING from the 2004 launch?

The state of this game is depressing.

Went on a 17 kill streak + finishing with 23 kills a minute ago and we still ended up only winning by three points.

This game is full of scrubs.

Btw, how can I upload a clip onto my computer? I encountered a glitch on CE multi on Battle Creek and would like to be able to show it to someone who can get it potentially fixed.

Here is the glitch. Basically I was backing up toward the rear of the map and another player ran into me/pushed me up against the wall. All of a sudden I teleported out of the map/way into the sky and proceeded to fall to my death. Thanks fall damage.

Went on a 17 kill streak + finishing with 23 kills a minute ago and we still ended up only winning by three points.

This game is full of scrubs.

Btw, how can I upload a clip onto my computer? I encountered a glitch on CE multi on Battle Creek and would like to be able to show it to someone who can get it potentially fixed.
XboxClips.com

Magni

Guys who don't call out are infuriating enough, but guys who don't listen to callouts are even worse.

"They have sword top mid, don't rush"

Both teammates proceed to rush, get promptly killed.

sigh

My biggest problem with the ADS addition right now is the laser sight on the BR. It just looks claustrophobic and distracting with the muzzle flash to me. With the old scope, the line of sight was clearer, so better in both gameplay and awareness. If they add ADS to things like the AR that you don't already scope with, that's fine as I don't need to use it, but to change existing weapons and make the line of sight worse isn't good. There needs to be a better compromise here if they insist on this.

Captain Friendo

Neo Member
My biggest problem with the ADS addition right now is the laser sight on the BR. It just looks claustrophobic and distracting with the muzzle flash to me. With the old scope, the line of sight was clearer, so better in both gameplay and awareness. If they add ADS to things like the AR that you don't already scope with, that's fine as I don't need to use it, but to change existing weapons and make the line of sight worse isn't good. There needs to be a better compromise here if they insist on this.
Absolutely agree, in that instance its completely unnecessary.

Madness

Eh, I feel as if they want to go full steam ahead with their vision, they better be prepared for any consequences. Maybe Halo 4 wasn't enough, maybe Halo 5 needs to be just as polarizing to the fanbase before they finally get it. As for AR I think that's the worst example when people say it's better with the ADS. That means it has better accuracy, less spread when scoped.

Eh, I feel as if they want to go full steam ahead with their vision, they better be prepared for any consequences. Maybe Halo 4 wasn't enough, maybe Halo 5 needs to be just as polarizing to the fanbase before they finally get it. As for AR I think that's the worst example when people say it's better with the ADS. That means it has better accuracy, less spread when scoped.

I didn't mean to say the AR is better with ADS, just that it's a none issue to me as I don't scope with it now and I won't be doing it when I play the Halo 5 beta.

Madness

I didn't mean to say the AR is better with ADS, just that it's a none issue to me as I don't scope with it now and I won't be doing it when I play the Halo 5 beta.

Oh I understand. I've always hip fired AR whenever it's there to use as well, but now apparently it shoots better when scoped. That's something I'm quite against. But it's whatever. Still a month from beta, a year from launch, and we still don't even have proper matchmaking for MCC. It's crazy how I haven't been able to enjoy H2A at all. Probably going to look for a digital code now once I hear matchmaking is properly fixed.

Nirvana

Man oh man, I think the MCC is even more broken now then it was for me earlier in the week. Just did a perfect run of Uprising up until the part where you perform the Fuel Rod glitch to exit the level early and it forced me into an 88mb update. Ok, fine. Then when I come back in I lost all my game progress and proceeded to do one of the shittiest Legendary runs of that level in my life and rage like a fiend.

Then I complete the game on Legendary, and go to check my 'ID' unlocks only for the game to hang for 15 minutes. Now if this was Xbox 360 I'd just dashboard out and reenter the game, or power it off and on again. Whatever, right? But no, this is Xbone, with it's super 'convenient' "your game is always playing no matter what!!!". Fuck the Xbone dashboard. It is an absolute abortion. Everything they have added to make it 'simpler' and more 'user friendly' (ie snapping, this PC-style alt-tab system) have made it absolutely godawful and inconvenient to use in every respect.

Not only that, but they make it so you can alt-tab out of your game, which could have been a great feature if you could actually reset your game when it crashes, but your friends list is now a new window which you have to wait for it to load and then go into, same with messages, which makes it an inconvenient mess to set up games, join parties, basically do anything, since the load times break everything up and make it all take much longer than it used to on the 360. Give us back the old dash, and allow for us to have a 'shut down game' option, since even taking out the disc doesn't work anymore (is this PS1 where I have to open the lid and spin the disc to make my game run?)

So anyway it turns out I didn't unlock the nameplate for completing campaign on Legendary, despite me completing it and the levels all stating that I have done so, and the ID screen now consistently takes 15 minutes to load. Game is completely and utterly broken.

Honestly the only way I can see this stuff being curbed is if it turns out Sony DDOSed all of their servers or some shit and they can dump the blame on them, because at the moment the entire thing seems like a giant mess of failed communication between the 90 companies involved in the release.

I love the potential this game has, but it's been a week and I have seen literally zero change in my ability to play the game. This isn't a 'I'm the consumer blah blah blah' rant, it's just a considerable amount of disappointment in what I was hoping would be (and was promised to be) the perfect Halo experience, and a resurgence for competitive Halo.

I guess this has all been said before, but I'm just reaching a boiling point with this broken game, and becoming concerned it was half-arsed from day one. Either that or it is Microsoft's shitty Xbone that is causing all the problems (since the dash etc. has been borked since the game released) and 343 are just being told to suck it up and take the blame for the company or some shit.)

-Ryn

Banned
That's why i specifically said 50% not 100% slow down for Sprint. If it were above 50% slow down then it would probably make sprint useless.

If you say you disagree with my suggestion then what's a better idea tr fix this issue regarding the already unbalanced game. It's too fast and ppl dying to quickly.
Based on the gameplay I have seen I don't think that it is too fast. People may be dying too quickly but the actual movement looks great from the base movement to the the sprinting and thrusters. It's quick and keeps you on your toes. Having your shield not come up until you stop sprinting is going to already do a good job of discouraging it from being spammed. Having a slowed down regen as well as a hit slow down stacked on top of the timer will just be beating it into the ground. One thing I can see it possibly needing is a limit. Infinite sprint for everyone all the time doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Maybe the beta will change my opinion on that but for now it seems a bit much.

I don't disagree that people are dying to quickly though. I think that the SMG needs a damage nerf or range nerf. It should dominate in close quarters however having it do so well at mid range makes the AR a redundant weapon which is something the sandbox doesn't need. I'll have to take a more in depth look at the other weapons before I can really make a verdict on them.

I think that a direct hit with the ground pound should kill, but anything outside of that should only take down shields or at kill when their own health is already low. The ability is very risk/reward so I think if you play it properly you should definitely get a kill.

well we know Chant To Green and a handful of other Forerunner were still alive with Bornstellar during the reseeding of Earth. Maybe they made babbies when they left the Galaxy
Forerunner babbies... what would that even look like? Would they all be miniature Voldemorts?

After the innovation that was "Not Perks" in Halo 4, get ready for the latest sensation sweeping the Halo nation: "Not Aim Down Sights!"

Halo 6's Newest Innovation: "Not Burn Cards!"
Halo 7 to introduce "Not Zombies" confirmed

I wouldn't be surprised if Guilty Spark's journey to find the Librarian leads him to Bornstellar. These sorts of unfinished plot points are going to lead into Halo 6 to some extent I'm guessing. Halo 5 sounds like it's gonna be a Locke/Arbiter bro down.
I really hope we get to play as the Arbiter again one day. Not just as a tag along either. His missions were cool in Halo 2.

So anybody think we will see a return of Elites in Halo 5 multiplayer? I hope so. I miss their death screams.

X-Post from Forge |OT|.

Can anyone verify that the "SAVE AS" prompt doesn't tell you whether it saved successfully or not? When I hit save, the Map Name box comes up, fill in name, hit menu/done, and it goes back to the pause menu without confirmation.

Need to know if my map is being saved so I don't loose hours of work.

Cheers

----

Edit, turns out I had to be online to save the file. All is well

BradC00

Whatever, right? But no, this is Xbone, with it's super 'convenient' "your game is always playing no matter what!!!". Fuck the Xbone dashboard. It is an absolute abortion.

Not only that, but they make it so you can alt-tab out of your game, which could have been a great feature if you could actually reset your game when it crashes

press start or select (can't remember and don't have an Xbox controller in front of me) over the "alt+tabbed" game and hit quit game...

press start or select (can't remember and don't have an Xbox controller in front of me) over the "alt+tabbed" game and hit quit game...

Yup. Total game changer when I learned this. Especially when I try to play a terminal and the Halo Channel music keeps playing over it.

Holy poop balls batman. The framerate drop in halo 4 campaign is more intense than camping in a circus.

How the heck did this pass quality inspection? HOW FRANKIE

11 months not enough time to undo like two years of work. All major mechanics are here to say. Quinn was answering some questions on his Twitter about what things could change and someone asked him about overall map size, and he said that it was something that would not possibly change, but stuff on map, like ledges and things could. I'm not necessarily a dev, but I'd extrapolate a response like that to assume that major mechanics also won't change. At best they could toggle off for certain playlists, nerf/buff weapons or abilities, speed up or tone down animations, but remove them entirely I wouldn't believe they would. We'd then have a similars scenario to Halo 4. Infinity Slayer vs Legendary BR/Slayer Pro to Breakout/Smart Scope/Spartan Abilities Slayer vs classic Slayer pro without the abilities. I don't even know if traditional click/zoom is in the game at all?

Click zoom is in. The classic style layouts will still be in the game complete with zoom on the right stick.

I will be using bumper jumper ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

-Ryn

Banned
Click zoom is in. The classic style layouts will still be in the game complete with zoom on the right stick.

I will be using bumper jumper ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Probably gonna be recon for me. However I might go with bumper jumper like I normally do depending on how the thrusters are placed.

Akai__

It's amazing how much easier Halo 3 is on Legendary in comparison to Halo 2. I felt like I was playing on Normal. :lol

Halo 3 Easter Egg Spoiler:

Also, the fact that they gave us an achievement for the ape family in Sierra 117 is very cool. It's probably my favourite easter-egg, that I found on my own back then. Really cool.

Does anybody know why unlocked Terminals are still locked in the Halo Channel? Like I have all achievements for them, but some of them say that I have to unlock them in the campaign. That's probably broken, right?

Booties

Banned
So is the MCC working now? I searched for a match last night but didn't find anyone in several 3 minute attempts, so I just went back to the salt mines of Destiny.

When do we start getting refunds or Microsoft Buck$? Can't even play half the content of this game.

-Ryn

Banned
It's amazing how much easier Halo 3 is on Legendary in comparison to Halo 2. I felt like I was playing on Normal. :lol

Halo 3 Easter Egg Spoiler:

Also, the fact that they gave us an achievement for the ape family in Sierra 117 is very cool. It's probably my favourite easter-egg, that I found on my own back then. Really cool.

Does anybody know why unlocked Terminals are still locked in the Halo Channel? Like I have all achievements for them, but some of them say that I have to unlock them in the campaign. That's probably broken, right?
That was one of the first Easter eggs I ever found in Halo. Halo 3's campaign had some good stuff.

The terminal thing is a glitch if I recall correctly. Though I really wish we didn't have to exit the game just to see those things in the first place.
That's just terrible design.

So is the MCC working now? I searched for a match last night but didn't find anyone in several 3 minute attempts, so I just went back to the salt mines of Destiny.

When do we start getting refunds or Microsoft Buck$? Can't even play half the content of this game.
There's supposedly a major patch update next week that will fix a lot of issues. Here's hoping it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom