• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Everything I am finding says the LE does contain those as it contains the Map Pass.

There's a bulletin on waypoint explaining the different pre-orders and packages. LE comes with a bunch of stuff (including the maps), but it's not the same download (code?) as the actual War Games package. it costs 2,000 MS points for those who got the regular edition

senador

Banned
There's an ilegal copy out there, it's up to him to post whatever he wants in the internet. I won't be posting any campaign footage/pics anywhere in this thread.

Sure but you PMing him and then promising GAF will be first to know.... Come on. I appreciate that you won't be posting stuff in here though, but you sort of will be still. ;)

Whatever, not my place. I just don't like it one bit and it'll make it hard to avoid and less fun around here. It really bugs me that people can't just be patient and honest.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Commendation are back? Eww.
Why eww? I think they're awesome. Even the fact there's now weapon specific ones are awesome. It's slightly annoying that certain cosmetic items will be linked to them, but on the other hand, it'll be really cool to have items that 'show off' your playstyle.

I'm not sure if I'll ever bring myself to grind that Suppressor commendation, though.

Sai-kun

Banned
SfLLc.gif

edit: i hope i'm understanding this part correctly:

Purchasers of the Limited Edition and pre-orders in certain territories have launch day access to the remaining six Specializations – although you still need to complete the initial 50 Ranks before you can enlist in one.

lmfao @ the peasants who'll be stuck with their baby specializations i'll be pioneer-10 while y'all are still baby operators!

that is the dumbest thing i've ever read. not available until certain milestones? christ

Why eww? I think they're awesome. Even the fact there's now weapon specific ones are awesome. It's slightly annoying that certain cosmetic items will be linked to them, but on the other hand, it'll be really cool to have items that 'show off' your playstyle.

I'm not sure if I'll ever bring myself to grind that Suppressor commendation, though.
If you don't level up quickly enough you will have no choice!

I'm nearing my "go dark" point. All it takes is for one crazy junior who doesn't know how to use spoiler tags.

This personal loadout stuff isn't going to be in all of the playlists. I'll play other playlists until I get a loadout that won't make me sad. The changes to the challenge system look good. As for skill-based ranking: my bet is we hear something right before or during the MLG event.
Outside of a non-core playlist such as SWAT, I'd count on probably one playlist that doesn't have custom loadouts. So, you better hope you like that one playlist if that's your plan.
Milestones for progressing different weapons and actions in the game. What could possibly be so bad about that?

blamite

As long as the tier rewards are better than Reach's insulting ~1000 credit payouts, his isn't anything but a good thing. Hey, it'll just help you unlock stuff faster, right? You can't complain about having to unlock things and about the fact that there are tools to help unlock them faster.

TheOddOne

I hate it mostly because of the people I've seen trying to boost it in Reach. I don't hate the system or the design of it, but hate the crowd that only goes to fill up a bar and how much that shits up the matches.

Enfinit

Commendations are...ok. It's a neat idea, but the completionist in me hates them. Some of Reach's commendations were obnoxious stupid to get to Onyx. Not to mention since nothing were tied to them, they didn't really serve a purpose other than a number on your lobby service record.

For weapon-specific commendations, is it for every weapon or just for primaries/secondaries? I'm really not looking forward to having to get 7000 Binary Rifle kills or anything stupid like that.

senador

Banned

Good intent, but also just spreads the word...

Commendations are...ok. It's a neat idea, but the completionist in me hates them. Some of Reach's commendations were obnoxious stupid to get to Onyx. Not to mention since nothing were tied to them, they didn't really serve a purpose other than a number on your lobby service record.

The Reach ones are so lame. They were totally off balance and impractical. I hope the Halo 4 ones actually work. Nice to see you get rewarded with a piece of armor or something instead of 400 cR. LOL

GhaleonEB

For those who have always wanted in on one of GAF's candy swaps, the latest closes in three days. There's a shortage of non-US/Canada folks this time around, so anyone living outside of them would be welcome.

Thread here.

Sai-kun

Banned
Kidney stones are my number one fear in life which is closely followed by air bags and drowning.

So if I ever have a kidney stone and drive off a cliff into the ocean I'll hit the worst trifecta ever.

hey i had these freshman year of college!

that was my favorite day of my whole life it was awesome :) :) :) :)

by the way just to add another two cents to this

New SPARTAN-IV recruits are issued the following gear:

• Assault Rifle
• Magnum
• Frag Grenade
• Recruit Armor, Emblem, Visor and Stance

f5BPh.gif

this game will be awful (until i unlock the DMR/BR)

GhaleonEB

Bear in mind that weapons will be made available outside of custom load outs in certain playlists. We won't be stuck roaming BTB with an AR and magnum.

Still, I'll be Spartan Opping until I have my desired load out available for all playlists. I don't think I could bear the frustration of dying because the other guys guzzled double XP Dew.

MrBig

For those who have always wanted in on one of GAF's candy swaps, the latest closes in three days. There's a shortage of non-US/Canada folks this time around, so anyone living outside of them would be welcome.

Thread here.

Why didn't I see this sooner? If I hadn't of just invested in a rice cooker and a few months worth of sticky rice I could be swimming in German chocolates

e: maybe I'll do it if Hypertrooper wants to pair up

IHaveIce

Banned
love you guys, they clearly says it is the progression system and here everyone is outraged "WHAT NO RANKING SYSTEM" no where was anything said in this regard.

New Vidoc and the panel at saturday will cause meltdowns? heh?

edit: @Twitterpic can't find any videos, so the leak is real?

TheOddOne

Bear in mind that weapons will be made available outside of custom load outs in certain playlists. We won't be stuck roaming BTB with an AR and magnum.

Still, I'll be Spartan Opping until I have my desired load out available for all playlists. I don't think I could bear the frustration of dying because the other guys guzzled double XP Dew.
This slipped my mind, thanks for reminded me (no, really :p).

The guy who runs that twitter is a asshole.
I get reminded about it daily. That guy, man.

Catching up after being gone all day. Assuming there is an unannounced ranking system that is separate from progression, I'm happy. Progression might be alright after getting whatever load-out options you want unlocked.

Hopefully the next CoD will have a proper map creator, maybe 343 will follow suit.
Haha this was good and made me laugh :)

senador

Banned

Thread here.

Damn, I've wanted to do that since lurking. Since there is a abundance of Americans though, I suppose I'll try again next year.

I think they totally misunderstood people asking for 1-50 back.

I just find it funny that the first weapon you get is an AR - odds are that new players will never even know to go for the precision weapons as soon as they can.

Can't wait to dominate the Christmas crowd. What a stupid idea to have a progression system in a halo game.

TheOddOne

I just find it funny that the first weapon you get is an AR - odds are that new players will never even know to go for the precision weapons as soon as they can.

Can't wait to dominate the Christmas crowd. What a stupid idea to have a progression system in a halo game.
Pre-set loadouts like COD were confirmed.

I dont think it will be that bad, the second kids start getting dominated by precision weapons held by people of higher rank they'll realize they're better and look forward to being able to use them.

GhaleonEB

This is what I don't get: Halo is all about the combat sandbox, and the mix of weapons (and now, abilities) it contains.

So the new Halo game locks up a large swath of the weapons and abilities until you've ground out enough ranks.

I understand why they did it - wanting to make the ranks have a more tangible reward. But that kind of a progression system is just diametrically opposed to what Halo is about.

FyreWulff

nillapuddin said:
Also, for a limited time, Halo 4 games sold at Walmart will include an insert with a unique code. Pair that unique code with the Double XP codes found on a 24-pack of Mountain Dew and specially-marked 10 ½ or 11 ½ oz. bags of Doritos chips and unlock a total of 38 matches of Double XP.

I thought the retailer minefield was stupid, and now they just added a thicked frosted layer of "you've got to be fucking kidding me" on top. sigh.

Top Bottom