• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

i think its missing a big iconic theme, like the classic halo theme or just stuff like the chanting monks.

What would you guys say is the identifying song of the OST? You know, the song that when people think of Halo 4 they'll think of that song (ie: Associating Halo 1-3 w/ the chanting monks variations).

i am sad that they/davidge changed arrival. i think it sounded much, much better in the sample we go in june(?).

I'd agree, especially with To Galaxy. 117 is such a great heroic song :']

Vire

There's definitely a female vocalist solo in Nemesis. Definitely Halo reminiscent, but different - more emotional in tone. Like she is pleading, whereas Marty's monk's were very calm and almost omnipresent.

Difficult to describe, but I see what he was going for.

As Wahrer Machine said, To Galaxy is very Halo- esque, stirring strings with an upward progression.

Solace on the other hand is something I think that's completely new, but very enchanting. Almost Zelda like, but more symphonic. There's a sense of mystery, as well as a sense of melancholy.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some quick comments on the soundtrack:

Gives me movie ost vibes:

Requiem
Legacy
Green and Blue - Probably my favorite of the bunch.
Haven
Solace
117 - A very nice "hero" piece.

Good combat music:

Ascendancy
Faithless

Other noteworthy pieces:

Nemesis - Might be wrong on this but it gives me "oldschool Halo sound" vibes

To Galaxy - we've already had this piece bashed over our heads, still the most adventurous sounding piece of the bunch.

Arrival - another adventure piece which we've heard pieces of, still sounds great.

Immaterial - Is very eerie, mysterious, freaky, distorted, melancholic until it picks up near the end. I can't wait to see what this is used on.

Revival - Clearly something pivotal must happen when the song picks up, hope the scene compliments the pounding beat when it does.

S1kkZ

What would you guys say is the identifying song of the OST? You know, the song that when people think of Halo 4 they'll think of that song (ie: Associating Halo 1-3 w/ the chanting monks variations

i think some parts of "revival" should play in the main menu. the chanting and the choir sound pretty epic and could "replace" the chanting monks.

iY2PN22KTuOtE.gif

Guffawing loudly at night at this gif.

Disappointed the last Forge canvass wasn't Covenant or at least more vibrant and colourful. I'd echo the sentiment that all of the maps suffer from a lack of large flat forgeable space. The decision to include a severed limb from Reach's Forge World as one of the three Halo 4 canvasses is a mistake also. Almost seems lazy or corner cutting considering the assets look virtually identical. I do love the asteroid belt canvass though (Impact?), I can envisage some good looking maps on that particular plate.

Also, somebody mentioned here the other day that MS doesn't want grassroots community members to earn money via Halo content on Youtube because that earns money for Google, who're in direct competition with them. So that pretty much rules out direct-to-youtube from theatre (not that it was likely anyway...if it aint Silverlight, MS aint endorsing it).

Disappointed the last Forge canvass wasn't Covenant or at least more vibrant and colourful. I'd echo the sentiment that all of the maps suffer from a lack of large flat forgeable space. The decision to include a severed limb from Reach's Forge World as one of the three Halo 4 canvasses is a mistake also. Almost seems lazy or corner cutting considering the assets look virtually identical. I do love the asteroid belt canvass though (Impact?), I can envisage some good looking maps on that particular plate.

Where can I find the Forge canvasses, I haven't seen them yet.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
watching todays forge video and two things really stood out to me...

1) the saw is a fucking beast, even at a decent range. we knew it was a killer at close range but he killed that guy VERY fast from med-far range. insane. kind of worrying actually.

2)jet-pack nerf is fucking awesome. you had better be on target using your pack on floating maps, as the charge runs out so quick and takes longer to recharge, you'll no longer be able to correct your path through the air at will - not to mention being able to jet pack up and almost hover at will.

That would be pretty anti-climatic.

EazyB would win handily.

There should be some ridiculous handicap imposed, like they have to play a match of Bull Fight with zoojoo driving the Chopper.

Now see, usually it's white people doing these gay pranks when you asleep, and now I don't know what to think.

Explain this shit, Elzar

So insensitive. It's pretty clear that dude may seem asian but he's white on the inside. It's all in the dick, bro.

Top Bottom