• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Can anyone tell me what email address the zreward email comes from? I've looked for 'walmart' and 'zreward' in the mail server log - no match at all. (Even if it got blocked for spam, I'd see a record of the connection - but I have to know the address it's coming from.)

I've tried this twice now - no luck so far.

Mine came form no-reply@zreward.com

Question for the LE soundtrack does it come with the same 3 Davidge tracks that the normal edition gets to download?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The thing is...I have no interest in doing any of that. Perhaps I was unclear in my writeup, but I was saying if you're like me, you don't need them. I have no patience for regenerator/auto sentry/camo/hologram. I have radar, though I didn't get to try out HLS and thruster pack. If I like 'em, I'll use 'em – whether or not I'll need them – but at no point did I feel like I had to experiment with AAs because in the games I played and all the firefights I was in, I never felt like an AA would've been beneficial to me. Even in the more competitive games I played against others in HaloGAF. Hence my statement that you don't need an AA.

Again, these are just first impressions. Any of the opinions I have expressed so far have every possibility of being completely wrong and changing by time Halo 4 is a year old. And just so we're not talking past each other, I said "you don't need an AA. I wasn't arguing "it is better to have no AA than one."
At the very least it'll be interesting to see if you decide to roll AA-less during H4's run. Just really struck me as an odd choice to go with none.

blamite

Can anyone tell me what email address the zreward email comes from? I've looked for 'walmart' and 'zreward' in the mail server log - no match at all. (Even if it got blocked for spam, I'd see a record of the connection - but I have to know the address it's coming from.)

I've tried this twice now - no luck so far.

The initial email with the PIN to enter on the zreward site came from "WALMARTONL​INE@e-deliv​erygroup.co​m" then the confirmation and Vudu code were from "no-reply@zreward.com"

At the very least it'll be interesting to see if you decide to roll AA-less during H4's run. Just really struck me as an odd choice to go with none.

Indeed it will, and it's definitely one of the things I am most interesting in seeing as shift from my original experience.

I didn't mention this in the writeup, but I was actually surprised, after playing a couple of games, that I was getting the impression that I didn't need an AA. I played my first couple of games operating under the assumption that I would need one, and when my playing was saying otherwise, I found it a bit weird too.

at no point did I feel like I had to experiment with AAs because in the games I played and all the firefights I was in, I never felt like an AA would've been beneficial to me. Even in the more competitive games I played against others in HaloGAF. Hence my statement that you don't need an AA.

For me I found Reach much the same. Most of the time I'm just rocking sprint or jetpack and playing Halo as I normally would e.g. without AA in use.

It's a welcome methodology for 343i and Halo 4 to focus on gunplay more. I like having AA's though but I'm glad you've reported a similar play style to mine is still valid and a winning formula as well.

As long as Halo 4 map design stays away from Reach's CQB fest then I'm even happier.

Damnit... apparently you can only redeem up to 5 of those VUDU movie codes. Darn I thought I was going to have access to tons of rentals. Looks like I can only use $25 of the $150. :( I guess I can use alternate emails. lol... cuz I'm sure few people want these VUDU codes.

Ryaaan14

Banned
Today I just realized that Specializations may affect Custom Games. I wonder if there's and option to disable Speciliazation traits in custom gametypes.

With HLS and no radar :eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder if you can get damage on someone with hls if you're directly facing them, it'd be cool if it still knocked them back at least.

Such as Red Faction 2? Cuz I would play the crap out of that...

I was thinking quake 3, but yea just looked up a video for that, pretty bad arse. Granted the railgun in halo has charge time so it'd honestly be nothing like either, but still.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Today I just realized that Specializations may affect Custom Games. I wonder if there's and option to disable Speciliazation traits in custom gametypes.
Everyone can just choose to have no specializations. Halo Honor?

Everyone can just choose to have no specializations. Halo Honor?

Increased xp specialization only would be a nice touch.

I used to random fire through walls trying to get people in Red Faction 2 for hours. I've been keeping pretty dark (suprisingly) on Halo 4 stuff, how does the rail gun work?

Just think of the laser, but shorter charge times therefore faster fire rate, but with less damage. I think it takes 2 railgun shots full health to kill someone (correct me if I'm wrong). It looks cool as hell though.

I was thinking quake 3, but yea just looked up a video for that, pretty bad arse. Granted the railgun in halo has charge time so it'd honestly be nothing like either, but still.

I used to random fire through walls trying to get people in Red Faction 2 for hours. I've been keeping pretty dark (suprisingly) on Halo 4 stuff, how does the rail gun work?

nillapuddin

was at work just caught up,

so if Best Buy emails you the codes for the skin + the helmet

what if I just put the 5 bucks down for the game, but dont buy the game there, will I get the bonuses in my inbox?

*important because*
I put 5 bucks down to get that poster a couple months ago

Should I call them and check if they have my email?

Ryaaan14

Banned
They're just tactical packages/support mods. You turn them off the same way you do dexterity or shielding.
Ooooh. I thought they were a 3rd passive trait. So they just add additional options instead of a whole new category? So I'd have to give up Dexterity to use Pathfinder?

And sorry for the typos. Impatient mobile posting.

So...Bulletin...

was at work just caught up,

so if Best Buy emails you the codes for the skin + the helmet

what if I just put the 5 bucks down for the game, but dont buy the game there, will I get the bonuses in my inbox?

*important because*
I put 5 bucks down to get that poster a couple months ago

Should I call them and check if they have my email?

I guess there is only one way to find out. :lol

Weird it doesn't print on the receipt.

Successful night of trolling with u4ix has turned my day around. Seriously. Thanks, man.

On a related note, H3 is still just awful. I rarely felt as though I earned any 1v1s (and vice-versa). Netcode made me sad. Good thing the people were kick-ass!

Thanks again, ggs and all that.

Ooooh. I thought they were a 3rd passive trait. So they just add additional options instead of a whole new category? So I'd have to give up Dexterity to use Pathfinder?

And sorry for the typos. Impatient mobile posting.
Yep. I'm not sure which catagory pathfinder falls in, consult nilla's (right?) armor mods chart.

Bsigg12

When's the last day to pre-order H4 regular edition from Gamestop?

November 5th at 11:59pm. No joke, they will allow you to pre-order up until midnight to get the bonuses if you go to a midnight release, well and mine typically has everyone pay off the game in full before getting in line so that there's no back up on the register.

nillapuddin

Yep. I'm not sure which catagory pathfinder falls in, consult nilla's (right?) armor mods chart.

Tactical Package:
  • None
  • Mobility: Unlimited Sprint
  • Shielding: Shield Recharge Rate buff
  • Resupply: Pick up grenades from fallen Spartans
  • AA Efficiency: AA Recharge Rate buff
  • Grenadier: Increases grenade carrying capacity
  • Firepower: Carry 2 primary weapons
  • Fast Track: Increased XP bonus*
  • Requisition: Ability to re-roll an Ordnance drop*
  • Wheelman: Lessened EMP effect, Vehicle Health buff*
Support Upgrade:
  • None
  • Ammo: Hold more Ammo, Ordnance and Loadout Weapons
  • Dexterity: Faster reloads and weapon swaps
  • Sensor: Increased Motion Tracker Range/Sensitivity
  • Awareness: Use radar while scoped
  • Explosive: Increased grenade blast radius with decreased damage against
  • Ordnance Priority: Less required points for Personal Ordnance
  • Stability: Lessened flinch while shot in scope*
    [*]Gunner: Reduce Turret cool down, move faster when carrying Turret*
  • Drop Recon: Heads up on Ordnance and On-map weapon drops*
  • Nemesis: Reveals opponent who last killed you on HUD for short time*
  • Stealth: Decreased visibilty vs PromVision, Faster Assassinations, dampened
    footsteps*

* Unlocked via Specializations

edit:
cleaned up with new info

a perk dedicated to the turret... might as well have just had a perk dedicated to placing a large turd in the middle of the screen cause who's gonna select that

people who use the turret.

kylej

Banned
a perk dedicated to the turret... might as well have just had a perk dedicated to placing a large turd in the middle of the screen cause who's gonna select that

Bsigg12

aHoly shit I just beat Halo 2 on Legendary. Never...again

Was it worth it?

People who turret on the Hog in BTB games would enjoy this as a potential edition to their loadout. I can see it being useful when rolling around maps hammering on the trigger.

Ramirez

Resupply/Dexterity, I see no reason to select anything else. The shielding perk actually just makes it recharge faster once the recharge hits, right? If it actually made you enter the recharge state faster, it would be worth it, but being able to pick up nades off bodies is just something I can't see living without. The only problem I can think of is that if someone dies, didn't have that perk, and actually doesn't drop any nades, lol. Seems like someone was mentioning in their impressions that ammo was scarce because of all the different rifles people could choose from...gonna be interesting.

Stealth + AA Efficiency + Hologram is going to be ridiculous, think about it. Your hologram will be noisier and more visible in promethean vision than you are.

Bsigg12

Yes it was. For doing that i got the 2 achievements to beat the game on Legendary and Heroic. So I only need to get like 5 more to 100% it.

So you're playing on PC? Are there any texture packs for that? But, you will never get me to play through Halo 2 Legendary on Xbox ever again.

Or did you mean 3?

Once again, Dexterity > *

iboBGhomnuG1A8.gif

Fotos

So you're playing on PC? Are there any texture packs for that? But, you will never get me to play through Halo 2 Legendary on Xbox ever again.

Or did you mean 3?

Yeah i'm playing on PC. I bought a wired controller so i don't have to play on the stupid keyboard. And Im not sure if there are any texture packs.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Resupply/Dexterity, I see no reason to select anything else. The shielding perk actually just makes it recharge faster once the recharge hits, right? If it actually made you enter the recharge state faster, it would be worth it, but being able to pick up nades off bodies is just something I can't see living without. The only problem I can think of is that if someone dies, didn't have that perk, and actually doesn't drop any nades, lol. Seems like someone was mentioning in their impressions that ammo was scarce because of all the different rifles people could choose from...gonna be interesting.

Nah no way. There are definitely more valid ones than those 2.

I think you could find more useful ones than less useful ones. And I think this will all change with gametype and map.

If these people you're fighting against only have 2 and waste their grenades quickly, where are you going to get your grenades from? Not from their dead body, they won't have any. There's a reliable ordnance for grenades on every map. Same place, same time.

Yeah this is what I'll be rolling with. I don't really think any of the mods besides Dexterity look very useful honestly though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
First Part: Whoa, that's a really good point. I never thought of that before.

Second Part: I don't think that's as big a deal as people are making it out to be. If you can't find any more DMR ammo, just use whatever you can find. There should be plenty of guns discarded on the ground. You'll just have to watch your ammo count a little more closely, and start looking for a Plan B when you run low.

Top Bottom