• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT10| The Calm Before The Storm

Redford

aka Cabbie
Yup and how does Complex remind you of Snowbound btw? Not that I mind because I'm one of the few Snowbounders out there lol

It may just be the big open sky on one side, surrounding rock wall on the other, but also the bases and rooftop fights are sort of reminiscent. Obviously the underground isn't there.

Probably more the first reason than anything.

FyreWulff

Now that I think about it, every Halo has that one line that you wonder how it got recorded

Halo 1: "This cave isn't a natural formation"
Halo 2: the entirety of Julie Benz' acting
Halo 3: "To war"
Wars: "I'm in the sun now"
Reach: "I repeat, the Covenant is on reach"

Fotos

I have a request. Can anyone take my avatar and make it something like this with the Didact symbol?

577085_10151247584606023_1278088392_n.jpg

Ken

Now that I think about it, every Halo has that one line that you wonder how it got recorded

The cable. I'm going to cut it.

Or whatever.

Yuripaw

Banned
So this is gonna sound weird, and maybe a little off topic, but if anyone has ever had this happen to them, it's hard to just let it go. I got the memory of a song stuck in my head, and it won't be satisfied til I hear it again.

How this relates to Halo is that it was a fan made song called Cortana...I don't remember if they were an all Halo band, or just video game related. It was a slow song, and the band may have not been super talented, but I remember Cortana being their one really good one.

This had to have been years ago, either during the release of Halo 2 or 3 when I first heard this. I've tried searching on youtube, and google, but because I don't have much to go off, I can't find it. Maybe if someone has an idea of what I'm talking about, they can point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: Found it! Yep, it's super cheesy, but I kinda like it. heh

So this is gonna sound weird, and maybe a little off topic, but if anyone has ever had this happen to them, it's hard to just let it go. I got the memory of a song stuck in my head, and it won't be satisfied til I hear it again.

How this relates to Halo is that it was a fan made song called Cortana...I don't remember if they were an all Halo band, or just video game related. It was a slow song, and the band may have not been super talented, but I remember Cortana being their one really good one.

This had to have been years ago, either during the release of Halo 2 or 3 when I first heard this. I've tried searching on youtube, and google, but because I don't have much to go off, I can't find it. Maybe if someone has an idea of what I'm talking about, they can point me in the right direction please?

EDIT: Found it! Yep, it's super cheesy, but I kinda like it. heh

Link?

-EDIT-

Sounds interesting, too bad they don't allow more time for the sample.

And BioShock Infinite looks so damn fun!

External Memory

Neo Member

I had no idea about the Railgun having an X Buster damage gradient, or it being like an offensive replacement for the GL.

It seems like the inverse: flies straight and fast, minimum firing time to drops shield like an EMP, max firing time instakills. This makes so much sense design-wise.

Thanks, Domino; and Vociferous of course.

Woorloog

Banned
What the hell happened yesterday?
SMH, people can't be that stupid (Talents)? I always think people can't be that stupid yet everyday they prove me wrong...

Hmm. I've managed to avoid spoiler so far, and i'll take yet another precaution. I will not read any PMs sent to me until i've played Halo 4. I wouldn't be surprised if someone here on NeoGAF was a jerk and would spoil people on purpose.
Nor will i read XBL messages.
No Twitter or Facebook makes life easy.

Akai__

Attention guys. Someone is sending spoiler messages over XBL!!! Don't post your GT, if you don't want to get spoiled and change your privacy settings, so you can't receive messages from people you don't know.

I had 22 messages in my inbox, which seemed weird, because I never get more then 2-3. Asked my brother to look, what the messages are about and they were in fact spoilers, which I luckily didn't read, because I'm on suspicious mode.

zap

I have some XBL points to spend before Halo 4... any recommendations of XBLA games? I'm thinking of picking up Trials Evolution... any more that i should get?

Attention guys. Someone is sending spoiler messages over XBL!!! Don't post your GT, if you don't want to get spoiled and change your privacy settings, so you can't receive messages from people you don't know.

I had 22 messages in my inbox, which seemed weird, because I never get more then 2-3. Asked my brother to look, what the messages are about and they were in fact spoilers, which I luckily didn't read, because I'm on suspicious mode.

The hell, super dick move from whoever is doing it. Honestly, I'd say its within the reach of filing a complaint against..

TheOddOne

The Railgun is akin to a direct-hit, low splash-damage rocket launcher that kills infantry on impact. If you were to picture the Grenade Launcher’s functionality from Halo: Reach being split between the Railgun and the Sticky Detonator in Halo 4, the Railgun would be the fast-twitch, offensive portion of the Grenade Launcher that’s meant for quick decision making.
Take all my monies.

For the flak it gets - I love that line - I also love all the all the white text banners. For some reason "I would have been your daddy" really stood out to me.

Also played Reach MLG yesterday, settings feel so slow compared to Halo 4 (and even MLG Halo 3 in my opinion) + the gameplay was dull beyond belief - I cant wait for Halo 4 to hit.

Top Bottom