• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadNames

Banned
hoo boy this game sucks some big ol dick

Post of the decade.

Also, is it new to you guys that people on waypoint are idiots?

Guy: 343 has given us significantly less custom game options than previous installments

Waypoint: IT'S THEIR VISION OF HALO!!! IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT PLAY SOMETHING ELSE, HATER!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
come.thee.fuck.on.

8280064606_5a90dfcbd5.jpg

i'm not usually the guy to complain about randoms, but...

i feel like match making and trueskill is based on games won, not skill. in addition, if you lose a lot of games but seem like a competent player, the game appears to try and balance the losers you are matched with by giving you the lower tier players. i seem to get matched with fools, and because i'm pretty good, get the very bottom of the barrel and lose more. i'm fighting half-wits on teams filled with retards.

i cant fucking escape and i'm winning one match out of every 5 or 6 i play. is this halo hell?

Edit: gah, pic fail. heres k/d if anyone even cares...
Me: +17
teammate 1: -11
teammate 2: -14
teammate 3: -12

come.thee.fuck.on.

i feel like match making and trueskill is based on games won, not skill. in addition, if you lose a lot of games but seem like a competent player, the game appears to try and balance the losers you are matched with by giving you the lower tier players. i seem to get matched with fools, and because i'm pretty good, get the very bottom of the barrel and lose more. i'm fighting half-wits on teams filled with retards.

i cant fucking escape and i'm winning one match out of every 5 or 6 i play. is this halo hell?

If only Halo had some sort of system where you were given a number and then matched up with players with a similar number.

This number could even be based on skill so people would be matched together with others of similar skill.

Fuck I think I'm onto something...

DeadNames

Banned
If only Halo had some sort of system where you were given a number and then matched up with players with a similar number.

This number could even be based on skill so people would be matched together with others of similar skill.

Think of the BANDWIDTH and the CHEATING!

Ken

except this will result in elo hell

malfcn

come.thee.fuck.on.

I raise you my game. We lost by 4.

tl5HD.png

And to think we were asking questions like "can you crouch with the hardlight shield" when we should've been asking things like "will I be banned if I participate in the 14 day buy and play promotion?".

rakka

come.thee.fuck.on.

I had a day like this yesterday. so frustrating. Game after game, after game, no joke. Went +20 a few games too, only to lose due to every damn teammate going -10 and worse. To make matters worse, they often quit (which is a good thing), only to be replaced with another hopeless player! thanks matchmaking, thanks JIP.

TCKaos

Well someone should hop on that, because they say they aren't but they totally are.

If nothing else this lends credence to the theory that this trial period was in no way intended if those participating in it can get hit by the autobanmotron. If you intended for it to occur I'd assume you'd put the necessary precautions in place so those participating aren't permanently banned from then using the product you allowed them to try.

I had a day like this yesterday. so frustrating. Game after game, after game, no joke. Went +20 a few games too, only to lose due to every damn teammate going -10 and worse. To make matters worse, they often quit (which is a good thing), only to be replaced with another hopeless player! thanks matchmaking, thanks JIP.

For a few to be immortal, many must die.

FYI ToysRUs has a 2 for 70 deal. Blops 2 is a title included in the deal!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
What's all this? I played the DLC for a hour or two today and had no issues. Is it just split screen?

Also didn't lag today at all, weird.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Whoa just matched Harvest in Slayer Pro...

People vote for Solace instead...

I hate you 343

(Am I doing this right?)

Sai-kun

Banned
What's all this? I played the DLC for a hour or two today and had no issues. Is it just split screen?

Also didn't lag today at all, weird.

Played splitscreen with a friend just last week on the Crimson stuff, and it chugged and chugged, never more than 20fps, and there was input lag. Fucking ridiculous. Just get rid of splitscreen at this point, 343.

They're going to have to do a mass unbanning and even let the legitimate bans free. It's gonna be like the end of Ghostbusters when that ginger turned off the fucking storage unit.
"My friend, don't be a jerk."

Such a great movie.

Still haven't played the new maps. I was about to hop on but now I could be banned?

Play Reach. That's what I've been doing
-Won't be banned for playing DLC
-Better connection quality
-From the studio that created Halo

I'm sold.

Probably cause that doesnt make any sense. Harvest is a 6v6 minimum. Slayer Pro is 4v4...

This. The map is comically large for 4v4.

Because of the focus around the center structure, I think Wreckage actually plays smaller than Harvest. Haven't played 4v4 Slayer on either, but in 6v6 Slayer and 5v5 CTF, Wreckage played smaller and faster than Harvest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom