• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry about your lost juices, here's mine (minnie)

uzHxu.jpg

Aww shes? cute.

My GF also has a daschand whos like a million years old. Shes cute too.

I'm surprised Halo didnt evolve to some sort of active reload system.

I have two cats and I love them like children. They make good partners for playing Halo and get pets in between games or during long respawns.

Enfinit

right....

:(

I saw the request before I listened to the message, and I didn't immediately recognize the gamertag so I declined it. Then I listened to the message and saw you on GAF and I went "well, shit". Plus I haven't been on my Xbox for a while (home for break and all). I'll shoot you one next time I'm on!

:)

please do not discuss cats in this thread this is a pro-dog thread
One of the major downsides to Waypoint, other than everything, is their obsession with cats. From Angel's cat-talk everyday on in the weekly bulletin to the Cats forum.

Like, cats are cool and all, but fuck cats.

Not sure it's useful, but maybe here's a starting point?

webmaster.png

You're a class act, Wu. Thanks! I'll see what I can do with this, I like the mouth bit cut-off in my avatar, but perhaps I can cut it out. Thanks again.

Well, yeah. 343 couldn't get feature parity with a 5 year old game. I'm talking pipe dreams here. I have zero faith in the entirety of 343, they seem to be wildly incompetent when making the few things they didn't outsource to someone else.

That's nice. Why did you do the OP, then? Seriously, there's zero info in there (nevermind, you got the patch notes for the first TU, forgot), why haven't the mods locked this thread? Could you at least throw in the code from Ghaleon's OP?

343 Industries...

Interesting post. I think that 343 still have a lot of growing to do as a company, as far as community management and transparency are concerned. They follow too closely with the "keep everything secret forever" mentality that Microsoft has had as of late. I know Bungie had that secrecy charm, too, but the content was there for the most part.

They've done a great job with post-launch support, and they should be commended for that. But, I think a lot of people are asking for a lot of little things that are either not coming (which I don't think is the case), or are coming in a later update that hasn't really been fully planned out. It's holiday time now, so I don't expect any of this stuff to change until after the new year, perhaps post Feb DLC.

Until these options exist, though, I think what the community have come up with has been astounding. That Episphere thing is really really cool, and I'd love to play around in that. The work that the Forgers over at ForgeHub and MLG forums has been incredible. I really like the direction they are going with incorporating the new mechanics into the game as best as possible. I've always thought that was a better solution than stripping everything away.

Time is needed. Maybe more time was needed during development.

Note: I really hope campaign theatre comes through, that was essential I think in creating a lot of that excellent content from Ascendant Justice and other similar publications and forum posts.

Still going on about this?

Going on about it? It was funny as hell at first, but now it's been almost two weeks of this garbage. It's just a useless post, and shouldn't be our community thread, man, simple as that:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45148173&postcount=1

vs

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43807195&postcount=1

That's just kinda shit for the people that do use the OP for info. Isn't that always what it's been there for? How hard is it to just copy-paste that info there from the other thread, and keep the top bit updated with news...

I dunno, maybe I don't get the joke anymore.

Either way, is someone else doing the next one? Because if Kyle isn't, can I volunteer? I'm sure I could come up with something marginally better, anyway.

Tawpgun

Trying to get some of the SpOps challenges.

One thing for Halo 5 if Prometheans return... Watchers should be purely support. No offensive capabilities. And their support roles (reviving, spawning, shielding maybe more) should be implemented more.

willow ve

Maybe I'm not quite understanding you, but I don't see how the OP correlates to what is posted here.

And the truth of it, really, is that the current OP really does reflect what's posted here. The quotes, gifs, and links pretty much all came from random ass discussions here in the community thread.

Relevant info to be added to OP:

Declining population chart
IGN pictures of 9.8
Links to Buy and Try scandal

Information on theater no longer supporting campaign or medal voiceovers.
information on fileshare still being down and the latest update of "soon™"

Just got the Halo 5 Beta
black ops 2
. Who else has this?

think im already on your list? forwarduntodong

CyReN

i just joined the THC server on XBC for halo 2. turned out to be a modded game where plasma pistols shot out plasma grenades. lmao

That isn't us, unfortunately our acronym (THC) also means weed (or some part of weed if we want to get technical.) It's pretty common among dudebros across the online universe.

----

For the guy complaining about the OP, how about we update it when we have today patch notes.

Sorry for being the guy who brought up the OP.

--

That discussion earlier about the Prometheans got me thinking, and here's the quick and dirty outcome:

I know it looks all Tron-like, but really, they already did from the start.

Just a thought. If their colour wasn't tied to story (which I think is a mistake, currently, we'll see where that goes) then it would make more sense, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom