• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disparity between kill times pacing and spamming in Reach was too small.
First of all, this disparity was wildly variable, and second of all, you're saying the opposite of what almost every Reach bloom critic I ever saw advocated.

It's funny that the very thing people complained about in Reach (spamming encounters where the winner is determined by bloom) is pretty much the base design for Halo 4 (whose bloom really only factors in on the 5th shot to the head).

Jumping back to Reach from 4 really makes you realize how DMR bloom throttled the pace of that game. I prefer Reach. Halo 4 just feels like Reach on crack sometimes (a.k.a. Reach Multiteam Elite Slayer).

JB1981

First of all, this disparity was wildly variable, and second of all, you're saying the opposite of what almost every Reach bloom critic I ever saw advocated.

It's funny that the very thing people complained about in Reach (spamming encounters where the winner is determined by bloom) is pretty much the base design for Halo 4 (whose bloom really only factors in on the 5th shot to the head).

Jumping back to Reach from 4 really makes you realize how DMR bloom throttled the pace of that game. I prefer Reach. Halo 4 just feels like Reach on crack sometimes (a.k.a. Reach Multiteam Elite Slayer).

Agree completely

We knew teleport was an AA before the game released when it was seen sticking out the backs of Knights in early gameplay footage. I'm still betting there's an Invasion spin-off somewhere at 343 headquarters where players can play as the Knights versus Spartans. Probably one of the gametypes they held back from launch to be released later for "added value."

*CRIES*

Not so fun fact:

You all remember how Sadie was originally named Maddie? In the original version of the "Prepare to Drop" trailer, there was a series of broken transmissions from the Superintendent at the end, one of them was a question asking, "Maddie, where are you?" Around the same time, a girl named Madeleine McCann got lost in the UK, and the question in the trailer caused complaints.

As of today, as far as I can tell, Madeleine is still missing.

She was lost in Portugal afaik, they were on their holidays I think. Pretty sad story, lots of news coverage in Spain.

rakka

6YJUQ.png

happens too damn often. highest k/d spread on other team was +7 ffs and still lost by 4 kills.

ElRenoRaven

Holy shit. I Just found the floppy disk of an old game I used to play.

You might need to explain what that is to the young folk 'round here.

Yup That's just what I was thinking. I haven't seen a floppy disk in many many years. Now the better question to ask is which kind of floppy is it?

A.
IbCWw.jpg

Or

B.
Suz18.jpg

Because there is only one true floppy disc and everyone knows that's B.

Agree completely
It's funny. I really agree with BigShow and others that say that the aiming in this game is just too easy. People get 5-shot kills at maximum firing rate with the DMR all of the time in Halo 4. I think they could tone down the aim assist and it would make it a more interesting game.

I think what Bungie did with bloom in Reach was trying to make encounters have more of a skill-based separation, but it was one of timing and balancing risk/reward that was completely played at the client-side. This appears to me to be part of the overarching design that maximizes the consistent performance of the game throughout wildly variable networking conditions.

Yup That's just what I was thinking. I haven't seen a floppy disk in many many years. Now the better question to ask is which kind of floppy is it?

A.
IbCWw.jpg

Or

B.
Suz18.jpg

Because there is only one true floppy disc and everyone knows that's B.
The bigger the floppy disk, the floppier it is.

It's funny. I really agree with BigShow and others that say that the aiming in this game is just too easy. People get 5-shot kills at maximum firing rate with the DMR all of the time in Halo 4. I think they could tone down the aim assist and it would make it a more interesting game.

• Less auto aim/magnetism
  • More skillful reticle*
  • A minimum killtime that was difficult to be consistent with on a weapon that took skill to master
If they changed the DMR to function exactly like the Halo 1 Pistol (so forget about the DMR as you know it) but made it a pickup, they could then make the BR like H2 to spawn with.

*The design of that reticle mixed with the nonhitscan properties and above traits felt unlike any other weapon we've played with before.

Note: Think about it. Even the most skilled of pros couldn't consistently pull off a 3sk in H1, but now compare that to people pulling off consistent 5sk's with the DMR.

--OR--

They could just bring back the Halo 1 Pistol as it was but make it an Ordnance Drop with 12 shots and one spare clip.

Keep an open mind and let me dream :]

u4iX

No, because in SR the 2sk was under 1 second, and with the full bloom, you're basically not gonna kill the guy from outside of extreme CQC.

Merguson

Banned
I just beat the campaign on legendary and didn't get Mk VI.

Fuck. This. Earth.

Did you play through the Prologue?

It think the Prologue counts towards the Legendary achievement. Did you play that on Legendary?

I only say that because I remember doing Halo 3 legendary co-op.. didn't get the achievement for it.. but that was because I didn't go through Arrival in legendary.

TheOddOne

Every time I play on Shatter or Wreckage I consistently notice that people are trying to get the map pack achievements. Achievements tied to map packs seem counterproductive and basically ruin they actual flow of the game. I wish they would just not include them. Yes, I know that achievements basically do boost the sales but I just wish it wasn’t a thing.

Huh. Is this your gamertag? Says you've never finished any level on more than Normal.

(If you played the entire game offline, there's no way for Waypoint to know to give you the Mk VI.)

lol come on Wu, this is Waypoint we're talking about, of course it doesn't match up with what he's actually done in the game.

Waypoint says I never completed the second mission of the campaign, I've always played the game connected to XBLive.

Merguson

Banned
Well.. Christmas is in two days.. so I would wait and see until after Christmas on whether that's a permament price drop or just a holiday thing.

I'm going with the Holidays..

DeadNames

Banned
Did you play through the Prologue?

It think the Prologue counts towards the Legendary achievement. Did you play that on Legendary?

I only say that because I remember doing Halo 3 legendary co-op.. didn't get the achievement for it.. but that was because I didn't go through Arrival in legendary.

I got the achievement, but I never did the prologue on legendary.

Huh. Is this your gamertag? Says you've never finished any level on more than Normal.

(If you played the entire game offline, there's no way for Waypoint to know to give you the Mk VI.)

Awwww crap. I played the game offline. Will I get it when I get the armor when I connect to Live?

Striker

Every time I play on Shatter or Wreckage I consistently notice that people are trying to get the map pack achievements. Achievements tied to map packs seem counterproductive and basically ruin they actual flow of the game. I wish they would just not include them. Yes, I know that achievements basically do boost the sales but I just wish it wasn’t a thing.
Specific achievements like that, and Challenges that behave in similar fashion, can die in a fire. Another thing that's wrong with Halo MP.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Yes it is. One of my favourite games this year. The combat is a bit tough to grasp at the beginning, but once you get used to it, man is it awesome.

Yeah, the game is definitely daunting at first, but once you get into it, so good.

I'm gonna have to get the first one now for PC since theres some shit in the story line I'm completely lost on.

Yea I tried playing Witchers and fell asleep.

That's because you're an ADD kid. But we love you anyway.

That should be the multiplayer introduction vid

"Welcome Recruits, my name is Kevin Franklin. Before you jump into the fantastic Mulitplayer experience that is Halo 4's War Games, I'd like to share a few tips with you. War Games is now designed to have one specific facet shine above all the rest; fun! To help you achievement maximum fun I am going to teach you how to enhance your gameplay experience in a few simple steps.

If you've played prior Halos all I ask is that you forget about weapon placement, tactical movement, and map control. All you need to succeed is this; Boltshot Camo. Both 343 and its playtesters found this to be the new Halo defining experience. So loadout, drop in, disappear, and watch as both you and your enemies have an experience you'll never forget.

Welcome to the war, Spartan.

Remember, have Fun!"

Because those were probably fully tested, balanced, complete, and ready to be implemented into the game AAs?

Teleport is effectively Evade on steroids. It takes the escape death mentality of evades makes it faster and adds the ability to do it upwards or upwards at an angle so you can not only get out of player eye line but can get to areas that are otherwise unreachable for the player.

It puts together the most hated aspects of evade and jetpack.

As for Hacker its basically pointless why waste time throwing in another button press when you could start shooting?

No amount of testing could fix the inherent flaws in a teleport ability and hacker was likely cut because ultimately its useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom