• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen you little bitch. That badass of a man you call scum has fuzz under his big toe that's worth more than your whole life. He fought off a fuckin alligator and saved a little dog while you would have run off screaming like a five year old girl. If you have any kind of girlfriend or wife, surely she would leave you for this man after seeing how you react to a man defending his dog. No woman wants a man who can't defend what is his, and your girlfriend or wife would be fifty times happier with this 72 year old stud than your sorry ass wimp of an excuse for a boy.

In Australia our lives are valued by the beer slabs we can carry across the desert and then drink in one night. Our crocs eat your alligators for snacks spitting out their skin for our make shift hats to shade the flaring sun. Our women fight their own battles and lesser men cower to their every demand. Our dogs leapfrog crocs just to round up sheep for their dinner as a reward while we make money without lifting a finger. In the land down under we have the second longest life expectancy behind Japan, so you can get the fuck out with your young 72 year old arse that will fade out long before this live off the land true blue Aussie couldn't defend what is his.

;)

On topic I do hope in the new year 343i support many tourneys and partners.

You're an absolute idiot.
Who do you think you are?
Listen you little bitch. That badass of a man you call scum has fuzz under his big toe that's worth more than your whole life. He fought off a fuckin alligator and saved a little dog while you would have run off screaming like a five year old girl. If you have any kind of girlfriend or wife, surely she would leave you for this man after seeing how you react to a man defending his dog. No woman wants a man who can't defend what is his, and your girlfriend or wife would be fifty times happier with this 72 year old stud than your sorry ass wimp of an excuse for a boy.
343i has no idea what competitive is.

This is what this thread is.

Hey, a few vocal people here prefer to call each other names than to spend time trying to understand another's position, or opinion. Why have a discussion with someone we disagree with when we can just shoot them down for going against the grain, even for conversation's sake, on a web forum? Don't be so absurd.

zap

Thanks for all the PMs supporting me guys during this fight with Ozzy. I really appreciate it!

5A8qx.gif

Perfect.

Duji

I thought the kill times on the Battle Rifle were perfect, actually; any longer and encounters could be frustrating, any shorter and it'd allow for lesser skilled players to gain kills against better players.

Call of Duty is an example of how quicker kill times can reduce the skill gap in gunplay alone, and Reach is an example of how prolonging the kill times can make duels frustrating.

Making a game with faster kill times requires fine tuning. The reason COD has a lower skill gap with faster kill times is because the game has a fuckton of aim assist. You can definitely have a game with very fast kill times if you turn down the aim assist by a lot. It also helps to increase the movement speed and movement acceleration.

For example, if we were to take H4 and make the DMR a 3sk without changing anything else, the game would be even more like CoD (i.e. more of who-sees-who-first).

To say that making the kill times faster than the H3 BR (~1.5 seconds) will "allow for lesser skilled players to gain kills against better players" is simply untrue. The CE magnum had a 0.6 second kill time and that was not the case.

I'd be more convinced of MS being able to do a TF2 style Halo if they could even pull off updating a Halo after the next one came out. So far, Halos have always stopped recieving updates months before the next one came out and then they just drift forever.

They really need to have a Legacy Sustain Team, a group of 2 or 3 guys and gals who's entire job is updating 3/Reach, then 4 after the next Halo comes out, etc.

It's pure, pure laziness on this front. I'm not privy to the mechanical hurdles here but I'm confident that if they really, really wanted to, they could update Halo 3 in an afternoon. It doesn't require that they make new gametypes; all of the gametypes they need are present in the now bloated playlist set. It's simply a matter of choosing which playlists to keep and trimming down on the gametypes within those playlists, with perhaps a few cross playlist amalgamations. People such as yourself and no doubt many others on HBO (and gaf) have done the work with considering playlist/achievement permutations and suggested an updated playlist layout. Much of the thinking work involved in consolidation is layed out on the forums so the effort on 343's part is largely mechanical. 200 plus employees and they can't find a couple of them for one playlist update? I mean once it's done, it's done.

Nice cherrypicking mate.

Striker

I get the complaints, but if your connection was good shooting accurately wasn't a problem, and I think the kill times were perfect. Four shots, clinical. Such a good feeling.
Except it wasn't a consistent 4-shot. Why Bungie opted to go that direction after how hitscan worked so well in H2 is bizarre.

As for Assembly, thought the base design was neat, but overall, it wasn't doing anything. Pointless area where the Regen spawned, and the Rocket Launcher spawn was hilarious. Who made that? It kind of went that Derelict/Desolation route. Zealot did the same in Reach and was a million times better.

Omni

Played two games tonight. First time in like three weeks. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Not once was I killed by someone exploiting questionable sandbox items.

Think I might give it another chance and play a little more tomorrow.

iK6yj.png

Incredible.

This is a whole new level of incompetence, the Virgin gaming tourney is terrible, and cockblocks MLG? Wow.

Incompetence is probably the wrong word - greed perhaps? I dont know - either way it sucks. I really hope that Virgin gaming didnt request a exclusivity period. Hopefully after this Virgin tourney is done we can get something from MLG - I personally doubt it will be that simple. :(

I have to say that Halo 4 has been entertaining in some regards, reading Ozzys posts on here always gives me a good chuckle.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Sometimes I wonder why I catch up with this thread, knowing that there may be, at most, a handful of mature or interesting posts, with the rest being kindergarten drivel.

And I figured with that Infinity Challenge ending in January that that would leave things open after that, considering the earlier Halo 4 MLG things that went down over a month ago, but I guess not.

reggie

Banned
Sometimes I wonder why I catch up with this thread, knowing that there may be, at most, a handful of mature or interesting posts, with the rest being kindergarten drivel.

And I figured with that Infinity Challenge ending in January that that would leave things open after that, considering the earlier Halo 4 MLG things that went down over a month ago, but I guess not.

Sorry we couldn't live up to your high sophistication.

JHall

Played two games tonight. First time in like three weeks. I have to say, I really enjoyed it. Not once was I killed by someone exploiting questionable sandbox items.

Think I might give it another chance and play a little more tomorrow.

Get out while you can.

TheOddOne

Incredible.
All I gather from this is that Virgin has an exclusivity period. 343 doesn’t want to step on that by announcing partnerships which would undermine that deal. The fact that they hired somebody as Bravo to be a sustain manager means that they are seriously looking into it. Hopefully I’m not wrong.

When people stop quoting Ozzy, I have the dumb ones on ignore for a reason.

What a needless post, so you just wanted to tell everybody that you ignore Heckfu..ok.
And this post is better how? Anyway I don't ignore the dumb ones because they don't make me sad like mean people do.

I think these Halo threads tend to turn to shit when we don't have any new news to discuss. It'll get better when we have some info on January playlist changes or hopefully a new TU!

ElRenoRaven

Kind of sad to see that MS has pretty much told MLG to go fuck themselves. I may not have liked MLG myself but at least they were there for the series for a long time. Meanwhile what the hell did Virgin do for the franchise competitive gaming wise? Not a goddamn thing.

Just really really shows you how out of touch MS has become when it comes to this franchise. OH well at least I've come to enjoy the game. I just got into the same mindset I got when I played COD which was kill someone die, respawn, kill someone, die, respawn, repeat over and over.

JHall

And this post is better how? Anyway I don't ignore the dumb ones because they don't make me sad like mean people do.

I think these Halo threads tend to turn to shit when we don't have any new news to discuss. It'll get better when we have some info on January playlist changes or hopefully a new TU!

This place would be a lot more cheerful if the game was actually good.

m23

I played some Halo 4 LAN with some friends the other day. It was pretty fun, but your experience is really skewed when you go +30 every game.

I wanted to play some Halo 3, but we didn't have enough discs :(

Next time I'm going to bring tons of Halo 2 discs.

I had one a week ago, Halo 2 and 4 were unplayable because of frame rate problems with split screen. I knew Halo 4 wouldn't be able to handle it, but was surprised by Halo 2. I guess the game doesn't work well with the 360. We ended up playing Halo 3...and boy was it fun.

One funny thing happened though when I booted up Halo 2. I booted up Halo 2, and just when the epic music began with the Bungie intro, my 2 month old puppy woke up and ran up to the front of the TV sat down and stared at the screen.

TheOddOne

Kind of sad to see that MS has pretty much told MLG to go fuck themselves. I may not have liked MLG myself but at least they were there for the series for a long time. Meanwhile what the hell did Virgin do for the franchise competitive gaming wise? Not a goddamn thing.

Just really really shows you how out of touch MS has become when it comes to this franchise. OH well at least I've come to enjoy the game. I just got into the same mindset I got when I played COD which was kill someone die, respawn, kill someone, die, respawn, repeat over and over.
It is strange that the MLG tourney before Halo 4 release did happen in light of Virgin promotion. Hopefully it is not a long partnership.

Tawpgun

I like your post because it shows the complete lack of knowledge while deep-throating.

This entire arguement could have been avoided here. You could have given him the knowledge instead.

We all know Ozzy is King SLRP but at least try and have him see the light, if only for him to try and irrationally make it seem like a good thing.

As for the Virgin thing, isn't the most likely thing that Virgin is holding this shitty, terrible tournament, and as soon as its done MLG can be allowed to have their playlist or a live event? If they're blocking live events because of this (can someone confirm this?) Then yes, its a terrible decision. If they're only blocking the playlist then its just silly marketing BS. Money ruining Halo, occupy 343.

PS I'd still like to see the PM's. Over showed me his, its on the glorious OP now

m23

So this whole Virgin Gaming thing means that no MLG Playlists either? I'm not too much into MLG playlists, but either way it sucks. I miss slayer pro.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
So this whole Virgin Gaming thing means that no MLG Playlists either? I'm not too much into MLG playlists, but either way it sucks. I miss slayer pro.

Don't know. However, I'm still pulling for a "competitive playlist" rather than an MLG one but have the gametypes be the ones everyone has been working on so far.

Tawpgun

Don't know. However, I'm still pulling for a "competitive playlist" rather than an MLG one but have the gametypes be the ones everyone has been working on so far.

Not sure if MLG would agree with this more potential marketing reasons, but a playlist titled "Competetive" or Pro or somewthing would probably do better than something labeled MLG.

Keep the MLG settings.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not sure if MLG would agree with this more potential marketing reasons, but a playlist titled "Competetive" or Pro or somewthing would probably do better than something labeled MLG.

Keep the MLG settings.

Well I think ultimately having a unified gametypes and map set for all tournaments and LANs is important for competitive Halo thus benefiting MLG as well. There are people who would see the MLG playlist name and never play it because of the opinion they have of MLG(whether it's justified or not doesn't matter). Ideally you would have more people interested in what competitive Halo 4 is and so then they can relate with LANs and live tournaments and actually have interest in it. Ideally.

u4iX

No one really knows, curious how that factors in with us and GamersOutreach too.

My guess is that the exclusive Virgin Gaming rights apply Q2 during 2013... Ghostayame tweeted about "proving Gandhi wrong" about competitive Halo 4 in 5 months, hinting that around that time would be the first event.

That also means, if my Q2 guess is right, that Gamers Outreach wouldn't have any trouble streaming and running their charity event.

Had a laugh-out-loud funny moment on Coastal Highway just now. A group of Covenant was concentrating its fire on Dare's Olifant, while I rammed into the group from the side. At the same time, a Brute was in the middle of throwing a grenade. I splatter him, and the grenade falls on a Grunt and sticks to the little guy. The Grunt panics, then dies in an explosion of spikes, taking with him several companions. Glorious.

Had a laugh-out-loud funny moment on Coast Highway just now. A group of Covenant was concentrating its fire on Dare's Olifant, while I rammed into the group from the side. At the same time, a Brute was in the middle of throwing a grenade. I splattered him, the grenade falls on a Grunt and sticks to him. The Grunt panics, then dies in an explosion of spikes, taking with him several companions. Glorious.
I really need to replay ODST. Especially now that I appreciate Firefly.

rakka

awesome news guys, or at least for me - playlist and overall population count in halo reach is updating again :-D

anniversary at 400, team slayer 1500, swat 600, living dead 1600 (wow), and so on. overall population is around 14,000. not bad.

u4iX

awesome news guys, or at least for me - playlist and overall population count in halo reach is updating again :-D

anniversary at 400, team slayer 1500, swat 600, living dead 1600 (wow), and so on. overall population is around 14,000. not bad.

pop.gif

rakka

changed since my previous post. anni 430, team slayer 1900, snipers 500, swat 1000, living dead 1900...

I guess it's not really that big of a deal but it was annoying not knowing how many players were in a playlist. it sort of pushed me to play halo 4 more despite my frustrations with it. frozen counter made it feel like no one was playing reach.

sorry about the off topic posts. I see there's a heckfu vs ozzy drama in here again :p

Making a game with faster kill times requires fine tuning. The reason COD has a lower skill gap with faster kill times is because the game has a fuckton of aim assist. You can definitely have a game with very fast kill times if you turn down the aim assist by a lot. It also helps to increase the movement speed and movement acceleration.

For example, if we were to take H4 and make the DMR a 3sk without changing anything else, the game would be even more like CoD (i.e. more of who-sees-who-first).

To say that making the kill times faster than the H3 BR (~1.5 seconds) will "allow for lesser skilled players to gain kills against better players" is simply untrue. The CE magnum had a 0.6 second kill time and that was not the case.

This is extremely true. Just look at Counter Strike. I don't think games with that much of a skill gap would get much traction in consoles though.

Hey, no hating on TBBT. Next to Mr. Spock and Maurice Moss, Sheldon is the only TV character I can relate to.

That clip Juices (?) posted earlier certainly did the show no favors for me. I watched about ten seconds before turning it off. That entire scene was making me feel too awkward, and the acting was incredibly stiff and disjointed. And the laugh track was vexing.

heckfu

Banned
What a needless post, so you just wanted to tell everybody that you ignore Heckfu..ok.

please do not quote me, I wouldn't want anyone upset now would I? *wink*

That clip Juices (?) posted earlier certainly did the show no favors for me. I watched about ten seconds before turning it off. That entire scene was making me feel too awkward, and the acting was incredibly stiff and disjointed. And the laugh track was vexing.

I think as with any show on primetime, it can be hit or miss, but it's still pretty funny.

Definitely wasn't the best of it. Show is great if you're into mathematics and science. The laughter can be a bit over the top, but it is real people live... The quality of the show has been decreasing over the seasons. The first two-three seasons were great though.

Just watch this though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K02O02NqndE - try to ignore the laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom