• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moa

rqEs5.png

Bungie.next everybody!

Total Matchmaking War Games Played: 165
(too busy over XMAS and holidays to play much).

Boltshot Kills: 0

Boltshot Deaths: 6

Total Deaths: 1492

m23

Those rumoured Xbox 720 specs look interesting, hopefully they turn out true.

Bungie's website update is hyping me up for Destiny, maybe we'll get a tease or two once they launch the redesign.

GhaleonEB

Those rumoured Xbox 720 specs look interesting, hopefully they turn out true.

Bungie's website update is hyping me up for Destiny, maybe we'll get a tease or two once they launch the redesign.

I'm guessing the odds of the latter are pretty high, along the lines of new backgrounds or such. Don't expect anything major.
Chill out, HaloGAF.

Key words:
basic maintenance
housekeeping

I thought 343 got rights to the Superintendent?

Aren't you the one who only plays Btb?

Nope I play CTF mostly, Infinity Big Team when friends are on and dabble with Team Regicide or Infinity Slayer. I want to play more but family, holidays and my own company have kept me too busy this last month or so.

How do i see my overall kills/deaths with each weapon? cant seem to find it on waypoint? Or can you only do it per playlist?

Go Halo Waypoint stats > War Games Matchmaking (world icon) > Click overview on the right hand side > click the " + view all weapon stats" per playlist to see the statistics. Oops my bad on my statistics I only posted Slayer boltshot stats...

All gametypes combined:
Kills: 0
Deaths: 22
Total Deaths: 1492

CTF
Deaths: 16

Slayer
Deaths: 6

All other gametypes = 0 kills & 0 deaths to boltshot

Fuchsdh

I heard that it is going to be like a gaming computer that can play Xbox games. So basically like that Steambox thing.

I don't believe it though.

That defeats the appeal of consoles for me--hardware that can play the next X years of content no problem. Not shipping the 360 with a hard drive was a horrible mistake that messed up plenty of games--I don't want to see that get worse with "only plays on SKU with Y system requirements".

Go Halo Waypoint stats > War Games Matchmaking (world icon) > Click overview on the right hand side > click the " + view all weapon stats" per playlist to see the statistics. Oops my bad on my statistics I only posted Slayer boltshot stats...
All other gametypes = 0 kills & 0 deaths to boltshot

You dont see the boltshot much cause you play with scrubs.

m23

Dev units usually have double the amount of RAM compared with retail units.

Nobody here should be expecting 8. If those specs are accurate, the retail unit will have 4.

I don't think it's necessarily the rule that its double retail units, final may come up to 6 gb of ram. Somebody in the thread mentioned that the Alpha Units had 12 gb of ram. This is of course assuming these rumours are even true. The source is apparently reliable though.

Thats good, should be a SSD though, screw HDD's.

I put this in the other specs thread but thought I'd post it here since it's being discussed.

I'd prefer to see:

1. 16Gb memory in this HD age & future-proofing

2. SSD over large HDD for performance

3. Potential dual network ports using an aggregate system, stream or download a movie while playing an online game, provide bridging systems for other entertainment devices or mobiles/tablets or also provide an aggregate stream system as many ISP's support this. You could even use one port for streaming or one for hosting or both for gameplay etc.

4. Multiple screen support so coop on the same console could be done without splitscreen. So many players own multiple screen these days why not suppot two or more monitors to handle two players each with their own controller and screen? Or be able to up the game resolution and split a single player game across 2/3/4 monitors?

5. Streaming built in e.g. YouTube rendering from any game, voice/screen streaming for live game streaming to Twitch or a new XBL service etc.

That's just some ideas but so far the rumours are looking really tame in terms of deliverable features. I hope they get creative and more is released away from these specifications only rumours.

I'm also hoping for vastly improved AI, physics, interactive elements, procedural mechanics and more. If developers use the new resources just for graphics then it's fail big time. We need more developer resources spent on key game elements like AI, physics etc. Game worlds that are always on developing, interacting and generally using the hardware resources for more intelligent features than just larger redraw distances and higher Levels of Details (LOD) systems.

FyreWulff

I put this in the other specs thread but thought I'd post it here since it's being discussed.

I'd prefer to see:

1. 16Gb memory in this HD age & future-proofing

16GB is overkill for a console and too expensive at this point. The majority of PCs are using 4GB and less. Shit, I have 16GB in the computer I'm typing from now, I've yet to locate a game that actually makes use of it.

The majority of people according to telemetry I've seen are still on 4GB and less, across Mac and PC. Steam's stats back me up on this.

FyreWulff

With Twitch gaining popularity recently, this would be a brilliant idea for Microsoft. Cut out the middle man and allow gamers to stream directly from the console.

The only way that will be usable though, is if they reserve notable amounts of RAM and a core for OS stuff just for streaming. While the built in BLOPS2 streaming is neat, it has to deal with the reality that the same hardware is both playing the game @ 60fps and needing to generate an image to send to Youtube's servers, so it's like 15fps 240p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom