• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT13|

Status
Not open for further replies.

willow ve

how is BF3 nowadays?

I think I played the last time .. I don't know a year ago, how long will I have to update? A week?

I still really enjoy BF3. It's fun to play a class based shooter that goes full hog on what a class based shooter is actually supposed to be. Whenever I get bored I simply switch to a different class and my enjoyment meter is instantly filled back up. That plus dedicated servers (very little WTF Lag moments), a developer who is pretty much 100% transparent when it comes to balance issues, patches, fixes, etc., and custom server browser keeps BF3 fresh even this long after the original release.

I will say their updates are massive - although that's the price you pay for universal and total title updates that affect every single weapon/vehicle/etc. in the sandbox. I can't remember the original install for the discs (I think around 8GB?), but I currently have 20.2GB allocated to BF3 and I don't have the latest DLC downloaded yet (probably another 2-3GB).

Battlefield 4 (being almost confirmed to be released March-April 2014, but the Beta will be fall 2013)

BF4 will be awesome on the next Xbox as it will finally be able to support the full player count.

pakkit

Banned
You bought the season pass. You essentially handed your asshole over to Microsoft, and told them to do as they please. You'll get your "money's worth" in due time.

At least you didn't buy the Max Payne 3 season pass.

Is there a link for this stuff anywhere?
I only found out the details by accident when I stumbled across Naked Eli's youtube channel (I'd link it, but youtube is blocked here at work for me). Even when I finished the required Legendary episodes, there was absolutely no indication that there was new stuff available at Waypoint. Once you're there however, it tells you in the Classified section what you have to do to unlock (holy shit, Waypoint won't even let you copy text):

- Shoulders: Play the first 15 episodes of Spartan Ops on Legendary (you also unlock a new emblem; looks like the Spartan shield from the movie 300)
- Torso: Complete the campaign on solo Legendary (haven't completed this yet, so I don't know what else this unlocks)
- Helmet: Complete 1000 War Games Matchmaking games (lol, I will never do this)

Like the other Classified stuff, you have to enter the necessary glyphs to make it all work. Eli seems to be keeping up with all the glyphs that have been found so far, and most of them come with extra XP.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ooKwH.jpg

It's not great that the issue has been present for like six and a half hours before they dropped a Tweet about it.

Our web staff just found out about it. The services teams put something up on support.xbox earlier.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Don't know what the issue is yet - and I will post when I do - but hopefully it's short lived. Apologies to those affected.

ooKwH.jpg

It's not great that the issue has been present for like six and a half hours before they dropped a Tweet about it.

Well, as long as they are acknowledging it and working on it and keep us updated Ill be happy. I just hate when its silence all around. Too bad though, I really wanted to get a few games in before I went out to class today.

malfcn

I am not trying to pile on here, it is a legit question: Why isn't this tested?

"Okay, DLC is going live. Let's check it out."
"Sure Bob, I can purchase it on the web marketplace."
"Great Larry, it is showing up on the console marketplace too."
"Hey Bob, we have a problem, the LE stuff isn't recognized, bring in the Geeks/Eggheads"
or
"Hey Bob, LE stuff looks good to, let's go to bed."

Instead, the switch gets flipped and no one is around for 6 hours to know it didn't get switched right?

--

I have off and on bitched about the game. That is what I do when I get frustrated. But I have enjoyed the game alot. I am a Gears fan, and think I have enjoyed Halo 4 more at this point. Keep up the good work, and don't let these bumps stop you.

Well, I guess I'm not playing the maps today. I was hoping to get some games in(or at least download the maps) before leaving for work today. Oh well, at least they're working on it.

You bought the season pass. You essentially handed your asshole over to Microsoft, and told them to do as they please. You'll get your "money's worth" in due time.

At least you didn't buy the Max Payne 3 season pass.

What's the story with the Max Payne season pass?

Shadders

"Hey Bob, we have a problem, the LE stuff isn't recognized, bring in the Geeks/Eggheads"
or

Instead, the switch gets flipped and no one is around for 6 hours to know it didn't get switched right?

I wouldn't assume that lack of testing is necessarily to blame. It's often the case that issues like this don't show themselves in the protective bubble of internal testing. You have to assume they would have checked that the map pass code did something before selling it to people for 2000 MSP.

And thanks for the update, Stinkles. Your soothing presence is just what's needed when we're in a panic meltdown over some trivial detail. :D

Havok

And WTF at the framerate problems, I can't recall ever having to deal with the framerate in Halo MP. 343/certain affinity, get your shit together pls
Go scope in down the sniper road on Asylum in Reach. It was a mess. Halo 3 had a kind of constant minor hitching that I always assumed was related to Saved Films. Neither of those were anywhere near what I experienced on Wreckage, granted, but Halo MP's had framerate issues in the past.

I'm hoping that game on Wreckage was a fluke. It didn't happen during the Slayer game I played on it, just on KOTH, and I haven't had a chance to get another game of it going. I really do hope that's not a persistent issue.

Overall though, I'm pretty pleasantly surprised at the quality of Harvest and Wreckage, just judging from the few games I've played on each. No idea how they'll hold up long-term, but they left me with a pretty good impression. The few annoyances I did have were the result of gametype settings like the CTF waypoint, not the fault of the maps themselves.

Mayyhem

I don't mean to ruin the negative mood around here but after putting in Halo 4 last night for the first time in almost 3 weeks I played 4 awesome matches back to back in Team Regicide. Much better playlist than solo Regicide.

I don't mean to ruin the negative mood around here but after putting in Halo 4 last night for the first time in almost 3 weeks I played 4 awesome matches back to back in Team Regicide. Much better playlist than solo Regicide.

It's one of those playlists that really depends on the quality of your teammates, but I'm glad you got a good group and had fun!

kylej

Banned
- Wreckage KOTH has massive, gamebreaking framerate problems. It was unplayable the second you even approached a decent battle. I'm talking about like 5 fps here. Hard to say whether or not it appears in other gametypes since it's rarely concentrated around a single point like that.

:(

I've been playing btb slayer for most of the night and it's been a pretty good experience overall. Although the Gauss Hog is still a ridiculously stupid vehicle. Had a game on Exile where the other team won because some idiot went 27-2 with it. Next map we played was Vortex and the same guy got smoked. Just proof that some vehicles are stupid OP and give morons easy kills. You always know who actually is good at the game. The people who sit back in corners with the sniper rifle and never move are usually bad. When in a CQC situation, they don't know what to do and aren't used to actually shooting a gun in combat.

darthbob

or

I'm sure it's exactly this simple.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, not a good look for Microsoft here at all, as if people weren't bitching and moaning enough.

Gears 3 had a similar delay for the Season Pass content once through MS as well, but it never happened again after that, so I'm guessing it's not as simple as you would think to implement.

The reactions to this map pass issue seem a bit hyperbolic. Yeah sure it sucks that you can't play immediately the moment the maps were released (and it's been something like 7 hours?), but implying 343 is shitting on customers and is completely terrible just because this problem occurred is extreme. I hate plenty of things about this game, and I find many of the decisions surrounding it to be straight up terrible, but they're not locking people out of dlc and saying "too bad, fuck off."

Of course, my mood might change once bing emails me 200 msft points and I try to download the maps. Every cares more about their personal experience above all else :)

The reactions to this map pass issue seem a bit hyperbolic. Yeah sure it sucks that you can't play immediately the moment the maps were released (and it's been something like 7 hours?), but implying 343 is shitting on customers and is completely terrible just because this problem occurred is extreme. I hate plenty of things about this game, and I find many of the decisions surrounding it to be straight up terrible, but they're not locking people out of dlc and saying "too bad, fuck off."

Of course, my mood might change once bing emails me 200 msft points and I try to download the maps. Every cares more about their personal experience above all else :)

I agree - besides it's probably more the publisher's fault than the developer.

orznge

Banned

considering the amount of customers that are effected by this issue, it's hardly "personal"

raindoc

i just encountered the weirdest looking glitch while playing spartan ops' "shootout in valhalla" - one wave of enemies consisted only of WEAPONS, with noone carrying them.storm rifles, needlers, PPs, all jumping and running over the ground... i lost it when i saw the first one throw a grenade up close. soda right through the nose.

Halo: Farmville

damn you. twice now.

Karl2177

Holy shit. They finally have a Waypoint challenge up. Get 200 kills with a precision loadout weapon in a week. A good month after launch, they finally added a minor feature.

It's one of those playlists that really depends on the quality of your teammates, but I'm glad you got a good group and had fun!

I really enjoyed Team Regicide, although it is kind of crappy when your king just kamikazes into the enemy time after time. It'd be a great game mode to play with some fellow gaffers.

I've been playing btb slayer for most of the night and it's been a pretty good experience overall. Although the Gauss Hog is still a ridiculously stupid vehicle. Had a game on Exile where the other team won because some idiot went 27-2 with it. Next map we played was Vortex and the same guy got smoked. Just proof that some vehicles are stupid OP and give morons easy kills. You always know who actually is good at the game. The people who sit back in corners with the sniper rifle and never move are usually bad. When in a CQC situation, they don't know what to do and aren't used to actually shooting a gun in combat.

BTB varies a ton for me. Sometimes I have fun just mucking around in the sandbox, but some nights it just feels like you can't catch a break.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot

Exactly.

Especially since it really does look to be Microsoft's fault and not directly from 343 themselves. But you know how people get on especially with this game. And I have plenty of little problems that add up with the game myself as well.

i just encountered the weirdest looking glitch while playing spartan ops' "shootout in valhalla" - one wave of enemies consisted only of WEAPONS, with noone carrying them.storm rifles, needlers, PPs, all jumping and running over the ground... i lost it when i saw the first one throw a grenade up close. soda right through the nose.

damn you. twice now.

Had this once with three other friends as well, and the hilarity grew once we realized that there actually ARE enemies holding the weapons, they're just micro-sized so it looks like the guns are just running around along the ground - those were some great laughs.

Internet reactions in an already gloomy environment. It doesn't surprise me, unfortunately.

And the situation does suck and shouldn't happen, just so I'm clear.

I agree - besides it's probably more the publisher's fault than the developer.

Then why are representatives from the publisher telling customers to refer to the developer's website, twitter, etc. to learn about fixes? Seems like a 343 problem to me.

Since the LE went on sale, Halo 4 has been the worst customer experience I have had with any video game, computer game, peripheral, etc.

The last couple of weeks I've been trying to adopt the Ghaleon "serenity now" approach by keeping as much negativity out of this thread as I can, but I cannot point to any moment in the marketing and rollout of this game that hasn't been a fuckup in one way or another. Makes me sad and embarrassed to be a fan of this developer and franchise.

J10

Banned
I'm wondering if at this point all the companies they outsourced to are glad their logos aren't on the box. Eh, probably not. Game still sold a bazillion.

Um they never specified when in the day you'd get it.

Chill the hell out guys.

Um that is not the problem. The problem is that those who already payed for the maps upfront don't have acess to the maps, while those who just wait until launch day do. A customer who has already paid for 3 map packs should feel more entitled than these day one purchasers simply because they've already guaranteed Microsoft their payment for current and future DLC.

dalVlatko

TL;DR - We are aware of the issue in which Map Pass and LE owners are not being recognized to download the Crimson Map Pack at no additional cost. We will use this thread to provide updates when we have them.

TL;WR - To prevent War Games Map Pass and LE owners from purchasing content twice, we created two different offers for the Crimson Map Pack, one that costs 800 MSP and one just for Map Pass and LE owners. The latter is currently having issues with showing up when appropriate, which is why some of you are not seeing a download for the Crimson Map Pack. We apologize for the inconvenience, and we're actively working with Xbox LIVE to have this issue resolved today. More updates when we have them.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst162869_Crimson-MP-Update-for-LE-and-Map-Pass-Owners.aspx

I would be seething had I payed for a season pass. If I had payed for the product, you best believe I'd feel entitled to receive it on time.

damn does 343 really like fucking with fans or something... WHY have it up but no why of downloading... I'll never buy pass dlc ever again.... I would have probably skipped this dlc.

or

--

I have off and on bitched about the game. That is what I do when I get frustrated. But I have enjoyed the game alot. I am a Gears fan, and think I have enjoyed Halo 4 more at this point. Keep up the good work, and don't let these bumps stop you.

It always happens when they add DLC in any game, it screw ups the download on the marketplace, be thankful that this DLC didnt resets your gamesave or corrupt your data like others. Calm down guys.

Is there a link for this stuff anywhere?

HERE

So the map pack pass I downloaded doesn't have any code behind it, that's lame. Hopefully it's a problem they can fix without having to send us all emails.

Then why are representatives from the publisher telling customers to refer to the developer's website, twitter, etc. to learn about fixes? Seems like a 343 problem to me.

Since the LE went on sale, Halo 4 has been the worst customer experience I have had with any video game, computer game, peripheral, etc.

The last couple of weeks I've been trying to adopt the Ghaleon "serenity now" approach by keeping as much negativity out of this thread as I can, but I cannot point to any moment in the marketing and rollout of this game that hasn't been a fuckup in one way or another. Makes me sad and embarrassed to be a fan of this developer and franchise.

We should play the new maps tonight, provided 343 allows me to download them today.

Cant say I care much that we don't have the maps yet I'm sure in a few hours when I attempt to play they will be on.

Fucking sucks that DLC launch problems still exist in this day and age. I hope 343 are at least aware and trying to fix the current issues with the game. And equally I hope they know the lack of communication and explanation regarding the issue is a plain bullshit move.

Even if it was twitter, forums or waypoint updates something regarding all the complaints would go along way for some.

Personally hearing nothing has slowly made me lose more and more faith in them as a fan it feels like now the game is out they are just content to let the population shrink and tr game to wither. I'm not asking for grand overhauls just some playlists that modders have already built game types for and at the very high end of my expectations skilled ranks

Guys, it's not like the season pass is invalid. It's temporary unavailible. No biggy. Have same patience. You won't die from having the maps a day later.

Our web staff just found out about it. The services teams put something up on support.xbox earlier.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

Don't know what the issue is yet - and I will post when I do - but hopefully it's short lived. Apologies to those affected.

Props to Frankie for still visiting us. That said, I don't think this is a dev issue but maybe Microsoft will learn its lesson here on how they handle their flagship. I may have issue with 343i over the game itself but I am SURE MS is at fault for the DLC issues and directions with this game.

raindoc

repost from last page - i captured it with my phone, so be warned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAs6yif7UmE

what the...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom