• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Fuchsdh

Did you make the map? It just needs some spawn work. I'll do a writeup once I get back from my vacation. I didn't have a problem with it construction-wise.

Haha no, but it's the only Forge map I've played that really grabbed me with something beyond the usual. I've been getting back into messing around with customs and doing something with the same mechanics seems like a fun project.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Late?

http://www.oxmonline.com/new-halo-4-ad-debuts-master-chief-says-hi-forerunners

halo4_ad_oxm-620.jpg

Looks exactly like the wallpaper 343 released right after E3.

Holy fuck why is there another blackout for Halo 4? :(

FyreWulff

That's as much a problem with how the system works with doubles than the map? To be clear I was speaking of the map in terms of 4v4...

That's not to say the spawn points couldn't be tweaked for doubles, but likely that would jack with 4's.

If a map works well with 4v4, it should work just fine in 2v2, since you have more available spawns (the required minimum spawns goes up as you add more people). What would result in worse peformance is a 4v4 map being made to play 8v8. (Go here, search for "Number of Spawns Minimum For Gametypes", add about 10-20 to the optimal count per type for Reach).

It's all about placement of spawns and the number available. Reach throws LOS blocking into the mix and the ability to use weak and strong spawn zones, and they changed how some of the objects and weapons affect available spawns. Usually to fix a map up you only need to adjust placements and add more spawns (adding more never hurts, as long as they're in cover) and adjust zones in objective and remove spawn zones in Slayer.

Since I've been typing this long anyway, random funfact: Breakneck is the only developer map in Reach that uses all 250 possible spawns by default.

It's a new ad of sorts, obviously reuses visual id from E3.

You won't have to wait all that long for new info. A gang of sleeps.

A murder of sleeps

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, whats in the immediate future to release media (of some sort) with? EDIT: pax east it is then!

also, i'm betting (please) it will be a vidoc of wraparound.

Guys, both Pinnacle and Think Twice are shit.
Debating degrees of shitiness is one of the cornerstones of the HaloGAF golden triangle.

In this case Think Twice is a less critically flawed map than Pinnacle. If matchmaking is going to be extended/fleshed-out by gray maps we might as well rotate out the least worthy gray maps every so often. Comparing these two is a worthwhile conversation to have.

I'm tired of Pinnacle. In 4v4 games one team gets the power weapon jackpot. In multi team games it's just a battle of who can get one or both of the towers under their control, while everyone tries to abuse the people that are spawning where the Banshee would be (if it was in any way balanced).

I don't play doubles or FFA so I wouldn't know what's going on with the map there. I'll say it again: I really hope forge maps in Halo 4 get rotated in for a time then rotated out when there is a fresh batch of new maps to replace them.

I thought so, but OXM made a big deal out of it today, so I posted it.

Old image but a new ad I think. A technicality but at least it's a sign that 343 are taking the next step when it comes to the marketing side of things.

Risen

If a map works well with 4v4, it should work just fine in 2v2, since you have more available spawns (the required minimum spawns goes up as you add more people). What would result in worse peformance is a 4v4 map being made to play 8v8. (Go here, search for "Number of Spawns Minimum For Gametypes", add about 10-20 to the optimal count per type for Reach).

It's all about placement of spawns and the number available. Reach throws LOS blocking into the mix and the ability to use weak and strong spawn zones, and they changed how some of the objects and weapons affect available spawns.

See... I think too many is just as bad as too few. Too many available means there are those spawns the system thinks are safe, that in reality would not be, particularly with strong and weak zones mixed in... now I'm positive this could/should be the argument for moving spawns on Think Twice, but it also is why 4's on that map works well with the spawns while not so much in doubles.

I agree though, it is totally about placement and number available, with the caveat of it being relative to the number of people in the game.

zap

Black ops ruled.

The Wire is a novel in TV format, one episode isn't enough, it's a very slow burn with character arcs that carry across 5 seasons.

I know I'm way late (damn timezones), but that's how I explain it to people. A novel. You wouldn't read two pages and be like, "Nope, I hate this book." - You can't do that with a single episode of The Wire either.

I actually found it very enlightening and challenging at times - by the end I was happy, depressed, frustrated and content, if that made sense. I love (and get depressed by) the fact that it stays true to what happens in life.

The last two or three episodes of Season 5 were fantastic. The rest of it was definitely subpar.

4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 5.

I have a hard time deciding between which I like more: S2 or S5.

I'd have to rewatch it to give my opinion, but I found the first few episodes of S5 to be pretty weak, but I think that was partly because I was just finished the best season I had ever seen (S4 is amazing). It got a lot stronger and I think the later half of the seasons definitely redeemed the season.

Season 2 was a bit of a shock as it was pretty much a separate and distinct story, but it tied in well and the characters were amazing.

One thing I realised while watching it, was the fact that I didn't have a favourite character. All the characters were amazing and compelling, even the jerks.

So, uh Halo. I didn't realise Marlo was the voice of Emile? I totally would have thought Omar would have been a better fit.

Retro

Halo 4 canned. Le crys

"Due to the extreme fan backlash against Halo: Reach, we have decided after careful consideration that our original vision for the game simply was not met. As such, we have decided to cancel Halo 4 and instead release Halo: Reach 2, to fill in some of the gaps and really drive home how epic the Fall of Reach truly was, as we originally imagined it."

GhaleonEB

Should get playlist changes in today's bulletin. Over/Under on the rage meter for HaloGAF?

Ellis got me excited for Firefight changes. I'm setting expectations at, "Firefight Doubles retired to make room for new Slayer playlist", and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

JuanGGZ

Banned
Ellis got me excited for Firefight changes. I'm setting expectations at, "Firefight Doubles retired to make room for new Slayer playlist", and hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Hoping 343 Industries will finaly put the versus mode in the firefight playlist.

Top Bottom