• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT2| Hyper-Athletic Speed And Mass And Weight and Power

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I like it when things happen in my sports more frequently than once every 20 minutes. Not a fan of soccer for the same reason.

For every 20 minutes of American football there seems to be 1 minute of actual gameplay and 19 minutes of replays, cheerleaders and ad breaks. At least with proper football those 20 minutes will actually give you uninterrupted gameplay.

If Halo was like American football, every time someone scored a kill, everyone would be forced to watch a replay from about a dozen angles for ten minutes and forced host migrations would be sponsored by a beer brand.
KuGsj.gif

Tawpgun

I like it when things happen in my sports more frequently than once every 20 minutes. Not a fan of soccer for the same reason.

Soccer I can understand, but in order to appreciate it you need a better appreciation for the each players passing, positioning, and ball finesse.

In Hockey it moves at the speed of basketball but scoring points is a big deal rather than it being trivial like in Basketball. It's also super physical which is fun to watch too.

GhaleonEB

For every 20 minutes of American football there seems to be 1 minute of actual gameplay and 19 minutes of replays, cheerleaders and ad breaks. At least with proper football those 20 minutes will actually give you uninterrupted gameplay.

This is true, but in American football, huge or interesting plays can happen at any moment, and often do. Take any given slice of 20 minutes of uninterruped soccer, and it's going to be the ball getting kicked back and forth over and over with nothing interesting happening. To put it differently, that one minute of action in American football is usally more interesting than the 20 minutes of booting the ball back and forth. I realize this is akin to pissing in your corn flakes, and I will stop now. Different sports for different folks. FWIW, I don't like most American sports, either. :p

Which is not to say soccer is a bad sport; it's just not one I enjoy watching. I understand the global popularity, I just can't share in the enthusiasm.

At least we can all agree that baseball is horrible

Yup. I'd rather watch soccer.

Overdoziz

Banned
This is true, but in American football, huge or interesting plays can happen at any moment, and often do. Take any given slice of 20 minutes of uninterruped soccer, and it's going to be the ball getting kicked back and forth over and over with nothing interesting happening. To put it differently, that one minute of action in American football is usally more interesting than the 20 minutes of booting the ball back and forth. I realize this is akin to pissing in your corn flakes, and I will stop now. Different sports for different folks. FWIW, I don't like most American sports, either. :p

Which is not to say soccer is a bad sport; it's just not one I enjoy watching. I understand the global popularity, I just can't share in the enthusiasm.

Yup. I'd rather watch soccer.
Soccer is mostly only fun if you're rooting for a team.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

I only watch the World Cup - I think football is the best and only sport of it's kind with a proper global following and every four years it's fantastic to see Asian countries, South American and African countries alongside Western nations compete for little more than national pride.

So it's like, every four years football isn't boring to me. In between that, i'd just switch over if there's a game on.

I used to watch basketball when I was younger but they stop showing it and I lost interest.

You know what's boring? Golf. And cricket.

heckfu

Banned
I only watch the World Cup - I think football is the best and only sport of it's kind with a proper global following and every four years it's fantastic to see Asian countries, South American and African countries alongside Western nations compete for little more than national pride.

So it's like, every four years football isn't boring to me. In between that, i'd just switch over if there's a game on.

I used to watch basketball when I was younger but they stop showing it and I lost interest.

You know what's boring? Golf. And cricket.

Not premium quality. Soccer is incredible no matter what year.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sports hierarchy:
(American) Football>college basketball>NBA>college football>hockey>soccer>tennis

At the bottom of the list lies baseball lol. Also, bowling and NASCAR aren't sports. You can actually eat and smoke while you bowl, and NASCAR is little more than driving in extreme conditions

edit: Aww, forgot about golf. I love me some golf.

A. Going to a game and watching it live.
B. Watching a game on TV with a group.
C. Watching a game on TV alone.

I'll watch any sport for cases A and B.

The level of interest drops so much between B and C that I'll really only watch alone if it's an important NCSU game (i.e. rivalry or tournament).

If only I could watch MLG at a sports bar... (Might try to go to MLG Raleigh.)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Not premium quality. Soccer is incredible no matter what year.

Maybe, but it's pretty much all about the money these days. Clubs throw around hundreds of millions and it's usually a case of the winning team being the highest spenders.

I just can't enjoy that sort of thing and maybe why I gravitate towards the WC.

If only I could watch MLG at a sports bar...

I think if this ever happened (and I'm more than likely to be EazyB's identical twin) I might actually pop into a bar and buy a drink there. Just might.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
A. Going to a game and watching it live.
B. Watching a game on TV with a group.
C. Watching a game on TV alone.

I'll watch any sport for cases A and B.

The level of interest drops so much between B and C that I'll really only watch alone if it's an important NCSU game (i.e. rivalry or tournament).

If only I could watch MLG at a sports bar... (Might try to go to MLG Raleigh.)

BarCraft's exist

343i, please do not use the stupid sniper reticule from Anniversary in Halo 4. It was fine in the five games before it, no need to change it.

GhaleonEB

Soccer is mostly only fun if you're rooting for a team.

Heh. The funny thing is, I can't watch sports if I'm rooting for a team. The only team I root for is the football team from my home state (Iowa), and I don't watch their games - I'm a wreak throughout if I do. So I only watch games where I have no stake and can just enjoy it. I've never had a home state NFL team, so it's stress-free viewing for me.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah you're absolutely right about wages Dani. I saw Balotelli for Man City get suspended a WEEK'S worth of wages for missing curfew.

That week? >£120,000. Jesus.

Yeah you're absolutely right about wages Dani. I saw Balotelli for Man City get suspended a WEEK'S worth of wages for missing curfew.

That week? >£120,000. Jesus.

Balotelli is a fucking idiot and dumbass, and yet, he's a breath of fresh air in a sport filled with prima donnas.

The guy is an accident waiting to happen.

Overdoziz

Banned
Heh. The funny thing is, I can't watch sports if I rooting for a team. The only team I root for is the football team from my home state (Iowa), and I don't watch their games - I'm a wreak throughout if I do. So I only watch games where I have no state and can just enjoy it. I've never had a home state NFL team, so it's stress-free viewing for me.
I enjoy the tension while watching a team I like. That's pretty much what football is about for me. Not that I really follow it anymore.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Wasn't there a footballer hanging around a town centre just giving away wads of cash to people passing by?

When it gets to that stage you know it's just stupid.

I get the most enjoyment out of soccer during the world or European championships. Getting together with your friends and watching the match is just so awesome.

Sports hierarchy:
(American) Football>college basketball>NBA>college football>hockey>soccer>tennis

At the bottom of the list lies baseball lol. Also, bowling and NASCAR aren't sports. You can actually eat and smoke while you bowl, and NASCAR is little more than driving in extreme conditions

edit: Aww, forgot about golf. I love me some golf.

Yeah? Well...

Gotta side with those saying soccer isn't that interesting though... It's huge here in Germany and I just don't get the scale of its hype.

Karl2177

Heh. The funny thing is, I can't watch sports if I'm rooting for a team. The only team I root for is the football team from my home state (Iowa), and I don't watch their games - I'm a wreak throughout if I do. So I only watch games where I have no stake and can just enjoy it. I've never had a home state NFL team, so it's stress-free viewing for me.

So I gotta ask now. The correct school, Iowa State; the acceptable schools, Drake and UNI; or that other school?

Hey You

I hope for Halo 4 that if you buy the game new, you get a pass the allows to you to get all the DLC for free.
I personally have bought all the DLC for every Halo game, but it sucks how you hardly play any of the maps in matchmaking.
The system was much better in Halo 2 where all the maps were eventually released for free.

If you want the DLC to be already on the disc then sure. But people gotta get paid for their work on the maps, I have no problem paying for DLC.

More playlists have to require DLC. I think eventually after the dev costs and some profit has been made on a DLC pack, then it should go free IMO. It's not gonna happen with the current people at MGS.

GhaleonEB

So I gotta ask now. The correct school, Iowa State; the acceptable schools, Drake and UNI; or that other school?

U of I. I'm not really into the college rivalry thing (my mom went to U of I, then got her masters at Iowa State). The college of business there at the University of Iowa was great. I love Iowa City.

I did my first two years at Kirkwood, another great school.

Striker

If you want the DLC to be already on the disc then sure. But people gotta get paid for their work on the maps, I have no problem paying for DLC.

More playlists have to require DLC. I think eventually after the dev costs and some profit has been made on a DLC pack, then it should go free IMO. It's not gonna happen with the current people at MGS.
Neither do I, but the three maps for $10 stuff has got to go.

Karl2177

U of I. I'm not really into the college rivalry thing (my mom went to U of I, then got her masters at Iowa State). The college of business there at the University of Iowa was great. I love Iowa City.

I did my first two years at Kirkwood, another great school.

I only do the rivalries for certain sports. Otherwise education stuff is all pretty equal. Each of the uni's have their strengths. For example, myself; I would find it silly to go to anywhere aside from ISU for software engineering.

Homeboyd

Totally, one thing that made me hopeful is David saying a while back that, if we want a change from this 3 for $10 model, they will look into it.
Is 5 for $15 more to your liking or do you think they'd drop what they consider to be the value for each map. I would probably (like a fool) pay $15 for 5 maps just because I love new DLC maps... Only for Halo though. I did it for CoD once, back when I was boycotting Reach for a couple months.

Top Bottom