• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

I have to say, Halo Waypoint on windows phone is fantastic! It looks beautiful and everything is really smooth. Wish I could say the same about the Actual site. I'm going to try Atlas out later today to see how smooth that is.

feel

Reading the GI article now, I welcome all the crazy changes. If it stinks I'll play H2, I doubt it will though. In 343 I trust.
I don't mind them going crazy, I just want them to actually balance everything so it never feels very unfair and frustrating. A videogame should not be provoking those feelings, much less our beloved fucking Halo. Getting sprinted at with a sword on Countdown, camo sniped on Asylum or grenaded by some rooftop jetpacker in uncaged is just so terrible.

edit-

I wonder if the MP maps in Halo 4 are real locations (in the fiction) or completely made up by whoever runs the simulation.

Trey

I don't mind them going crazy, I just want them to actually balance everything so it never feels very unfair and frustrating. A videogame should not be provoking those feelings, much less fucking Halo. Getting sprinted at with a sword on Countdown, camo sniped on Asylum or grenaded by some rooftop jetpacker in uncaged is just so terrible.

Melee weapons need an overhaul. They have become increasingly unsatisfactory.

I don't mind them going crazy, I just want them to actually balance everything so it never feels very unfair and frustrating. A videogame should not be provoking those feelings, much less our beloved fucking Halo. Getting sprinted at with a sword on Countdown, camo sniped on Asylum or grenaded by some rooftop jetpacker in uncaged is just so terrible.

Who's fucking Halo?

I really hope the maps consider jetpack a little better this time around. It just seems like it's too much of an advantage against me whenever I don't use one. I'm not even sure what it is, it just feels kinda broken to me right now. Hopefully that's better in 4.

edit-

I wonder if the MP maps in Halo 4 are real locations (in the fiction) or completely made up.
Yeah as long as everything is balanced and nothing is as retarded as Armor Lock I'm good.

daedalius

What's going on with that thumb?

Cannot unsee

edit-

I wonder if the MP maps in Halo 4 are real locations (in the fiction) or completely made up by whoever runs the simulation.

I think these are all reasons I've been playing halo 3 (even with its own issues, they aren't as bad as most of the annoyances in Reach)

I was joking, pull the dogs back.

898211_1323450464633_full.jpg

Rayman Origins 2? There is a God

Indeed, now all I need is another B&K game, and a miraculous release of a new mischief makers and goeman game, and I'm all set for platformers.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Sure, a grind-happy firefight weekly on a week where I'll only be able to game Mon, Tues, and Wed. Thanks HaloGaf. :p

No way I'm getting in 25 firefight rounds per night.

you literally went back to stinkles.

that's a thing that's happening.
Combine that with the new avatar and he's virtually hidden from the Waypoint lurkers. Well, up until now; assuming anyone reads my post.

edit: dammit Karl

Well, might as well make this edit worth something. Finally finishing up the first Crysis, and it's got to be one of the most boring games I've ever had the displeasure of playing. I'm on what has to be the final boss now, and I feel that I need to turn to hard drugs just to get some sense of pleasure out of it. I waited and waited to get to the more sci-fi aspects of the game, and god damn if it wasn't underwhelming as hell. Armored versions of Halo's Drones are not the best way to get me to like the (admittedly old) game, and there's absolutely no satisfaction in wielding any of the weapons.

bleh

So Frankie got banned now and we get that stinkles guy. At least he has a better avatar than frankie... :p i'm going to miss that smile... :(

Alright I randomly got another 3 month, who ACTUALLY needs it.
Ask Hitmonchan. He only has gold for this month... I think.

Portugeezer

Unlocks. It's the most pathetic addition to Halo in a long time. The loadout system is a good second.

Maybe to someone who does not like unlocks, but I don't mind them and I admit I keeps me playing COD longer than I probably would, because when I unlock most perks and attachments for the weapons I like I end up playing it less and eventually selling the game to due to the redundant nature of the game.

343i are just being smart, they want people to play for longer, and now Halo 4 will have a lot of weapons which means some can be unlocked, big deal. And then you have Spartan Ops (which despite the name shouldn't be compared to Spec Ops, crap name though)

However unlocks are not COD specific, COD just happens to be the most popular and more popularly hated (with good reason, unlocks not being one of them)

kylej

Banned

Completely made up please. But don't let the artists start thinking they're Rembrandt, because then colossal turds like Highlands and Condemned pop out, which are more about setting a scene and wowing reviewers than being fun to play.

Tawpgun

Why would it have to be one or the other?

We'd have to wait and see.

But I find it hard to believe they'd be able to recreate something like a forerunner solar power facility from scratch.

My speculation now is that they are modeled after real locations.

Top Bottom