• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Havok

Trueskill at its finest.

http://files.smallbits.com/images/lawdylawdy.png[IMG]

TU One Bomb game. No groups bigger than 2. Nobody was even objective-holding; our final score took just over 2 minutes.

I haven't seen people this inexperienced in a LONG time.[/QUOTE]
Wait, wait, wait. You don't think that Nobles and Reclaimers should be matched up with a Private and a Corporal Grade 1? C'mon now.

(I feel your pain.)

FyreWulff

Every single hotel we've tried only has single beds available. Either the two beds all got reserved in the first hour or the hotels are being stingy this year.

Also wut at the Sheraton being cheaper than the Olive8 this time.

edit: some of those distances are slightly inaccurate.

edit2: ah, looks like wanting to check out monday drops half the available rooms

We hope to bring you some interesting MP footage to show off these elements, but that will be a little way off, since we’re heads down working on some really big, important milestones as they relate to MP, Spartan Ops, and the year in general.

Y U NO SAY DATES?

ManBearPanda

Neo Member
A lot of suicides happened as players attempted to jump from Wraparounds aeries down to the Grav Lift below (it’s supposed to be a one-way trip, but they almost made it…).

So fall damage confirmed? (Unless they've already come out and said it, if so, my bad)

Props on the CF video too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Can I get atleast one group of randoms on my team that display even a remote bit of aggression?

I mean FUCK do I have to constantly stick my neck out to fucking get a kill just so I can spawn next to Jack Bumblefuck jerking off in the corner waiting for someone to come around?

Overdoziz

Banned
Bulletin said:
yes, they are more than aesthetic (although aesthetic customization will be well supported too) I would personally compare it more to tuning your own vehicle to suit your driving habits, than replacing a four pot engine with a V8. Changes will be subtle in nature, but ultimately important to the way you play.
Just admit they're perks and get it over with.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Every single hotel we've tried only has single beds available. Either the two beds all got reserved in the first hour or the hotels are being stingy this year.

Also wut at the Sheraton being cheaper than the Olive8 this time.

Wtf I have 3 people and can't find a 2 bed hotel. One has a king bed and pullout but only says 2 people can stay?

Homeboyd

Passing Ram's message along was the best part of that update. And I thoroughly enjoyed the update.

Really awesome of you Frankie.

daedalius

So MLG did a bunch of shooting at walls to measure spread on guns and such, we just don't hear about any of it.

Lame.

The deets we want are out there!

Aggrotek

Passing Ram's message along was the best part of that update. And I thoroughly enjoyed the update.

Really awesome of you Frankie.

This. That video was really powerful.

On the topic of Halo, I really hope the Warthog is better than it was in Reach, vehicle combat in Reach really sucked.

Edit: Member status wut?!

senador

Banned
Saw update was up and scrolled through it quickly and saw Frank posted Ram's vid. Holy shit that's awesome. 343 and Frank are doing outstanding stuff community wise. Pay attention other companies.

CyReN

So MLG did a bunch of shooting at walls to measure spread on guns and such, we just don't hear about any of it.

Lame.

The deets we want are out there!

Would love to hear something about that, good news though looks like HaloCouncil gets to do exclusive stuff for the Gamebattles/MLG online tourney coming up so that's something.

Aggrotek

300 posts, welcome to the club

Don't get banned, or we'll make fun of your junior status like Fyrewulf or OddOne

Oh great, highschool all over again. -_-'

Saw update was up and scrolled through it quickly and saw Frank posted Ram's vid. Holy shit that's awesome. 343 and Frank are doing outstanding stuff community wise. Pay attention other companies.

This is one of the things I've always loved about the Halo creators. HUGE emphasis on the community ever since the beginning. I really think it has to do with how Bungie got it's start going. They don't forget the little people.

Holy balls at that update, Frank. You're a god amongst
Scottish
men.

Honestly, I don't even care that people are complaining about certain things in this game, the sheer class act that 343 are showing me that they are is reason enough alone to support them this November.

I beli343.

(also, thanks for talking about water)

Great bulletin, the description of that btb map sounds fantastic, even if it was just a couple of lines. I really hope more emphasis has went into the btb maps this time (well, maps in general).
Every big map being tailored for Invasion in Reach seemed to make them play awful in every other gametype.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
You won't have 4 people staying in the room. It's you and another occupant plus two friends who happened to drop by to say hi.

Late at night.

In their pajamas.

Don't worry about it.
Doing that then. Stupid thing is the hotel room says a king bed and a pullout. How is that not for 3 people?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Wait a sec, got the hotel and it sent the email showing my pricing, and it also showed the price of pax badges going back to 0 from 260. If you use this thing to get a room are your badges free?

Edit. That might be because I paid for those already.

Frankie had the opportunity for the ultimate troll if he had linked this thread at the bottom under "discuss" instead of the waypoint forums. The lulz would have been epic.

Woorloog

Banned
1. Open this thread
2. Wait, what? A new bulleting? Gah, of course.
3. Something about live action series. wut?
4. Go back and check other news. Oh. OH.
5. Read the rest of the bulletin.
6. (Paraphrasing)"A mix of BG and Waterworks, in a manner of speaking". Sounds nice, along with loadout system explanation.
7. Come back here and post.

EDIT *looks out of window. Sun is rising already*. Fuck internet. I have to live by American timezones to see any news (they're no longer news 12hours later).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Good update was good. Wish Frankie would have went into detail about the water the way he used to talk about fusion coils though.

zap

Really good update, even though not much was actually covered.

Everytime I read Frankie's stuff, I feel a bit more confident about Halo 4.

All the fiction stuff coming has me pretty excited too. I just hope that the third Greg Bear book doesn't spend 70% of the time on a walk through a forrest that means very little :|

Tawpgun

It was confirmed you have to unlock DMR/BR and other loadout options right?

Hope its a short and sweet grind. Not a pleasant Day 1 Match 1 scenario I want to run into. AR's EVERYWHERE.

Hope its a short and sweet grind. Not a pleasant Day 1 Match 1 scenario I want to run into. AR's EVERYWHERE.

I am not sure about that but the impression I get is that there will be a playlist with BRs should you want to use them.

Homeboyd

There will map appropriate default loadouts. i.e. DMR loadouts on large maps, etc...

Top Bottom