• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

CyReN

So the MP part is a go then..

niZGq.gif

Great, thanks to the pictures on this thread, half my team thinks I spend my day creating art for Frank O'Connor slashfic.

If you ever need anything done feel free to PM me :)

This is my inspiration.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/lybertyboy/deskphoto.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
$30 on the table for that mug.

[quote="Dax01, post: 37529153"]
Hm. There's so much (and yet so little) you can take away from this kind of response. The best I can hope for? The "new enemy" won't be shown off until players play the game.[/QUOTE]
As cool as that'd be for us, I really don't see this as feasible.

$200 on the 343i hoodie, David is wearing or is lying somewhere on his chair. #letshopeitisthere.

While it would be easier to market the game if we know who the new enemy is, I think the mystery of it could be used to great effect. "Who is this new enemy? Play the game and find out!"
Have you read some comments about the game by gamers? Right now, they have the impression the Covenant is still the main enemy. Look at the Screenshot thread or read this "blog article".

Have you read some comments about the game by gamers? Right now, they have the impression the Covenant is still the main enemy. Look at the Screenshot thread or read this "blog article".
All that means is that 343i has not done a good job in putting the word out that the Covenant is not the main enemy, not that the new main enemy needs to be revealed. It fits into the mythology of what 343 is trying to sell: exploring a new, mysterious, and abandoned alien artificial world.

While it would be easier to market the game if we know who the new enemy is, I think the mystery of it could be used to great effect. "Who is this new enemy? Play the game and find out!"
Ehh.. maybe. Focus the marketing more on the Chief..
Actually, I didn't fully address your question about my Campaign comments.

Basically, we've yet to see any gameplay. I'm interested to know how much of it has changed, or rather what's new in it and how are they going to market it.
Because the Blops 2 reception has been quite positive in many corners who claimed fatigue previously somewhat thanks to it's new gameplay systems (mini-RTS bits, divergent paths), but ultimately the moment-to-moment gameplay is the same.

Ehh.. maybe. Focus the marketing more on the Chief..
Actually, I didn't fully address your question about my Campaign comments.

Basically, we've yet to see any gameplay. I'm interested to know how much of it has changed, or rather what's new in it and how are they going to market it.
Because the Blops 2 reception has been quite positive in many corners who claimed fatigue previously somewhat thanks to it's new gameplay systems (mini-RTS bits, divergent paths), but ultimately the moment-to-moment gameplay is the same.
Honestly, any fear I have for the campaign at this moment comes from the unknown, but also my perception that it's easier to design a campaign around scripted encounters rather than the sandbox of previous games. But Ellis told me not worry about that last summer, so...
Edit:
I do think they did. In every interview they mentioned the new threat, emphasized the exploration part of the game(or vaguely teased it).

At the end I think Halo 4's marketing campaign has not started yet. Or we are just at the tip of the iceberg.
Maybe. Maybe they can tell us aspects about this new threat without so much telling us what it is. Make us feel the new threat, not know about it. I dunno. But that'd be so awesome if we didn't find out until release.

All that means is that 343i has not done a good job in putting the word out that the Covenant is not the main enemy, not that the new main enemy needs to be revealed. It fits into the mythology of what 343 is trying to sell: exploring a new, mysterious abandoned alien artificial world.
I do think they did. In every interview they mentioned the new threat, emphasized the exploration part of the game(or vaguely teased it).

At the end I think Halo 4's marketing campaign has not started yet. Or we are just at the tip of the iceberg.

daedalius

Got a 40k art commission; there are so many more 40k nerds that want art done for them than Halo nerds.

I guess that is more of an aspect of the game's structure than anything (lots of personal armies, etc), kind of hard to make art of everyone's own personal Master Chief since there is only one ;)

It's been years since I've seen Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, so can someone remind me as to why Dax's avatar is apt?

I know it's TLBT but I forget why it's apt.

Top Bottom