• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

Arnie

Honestly I'll wait until I get a verdict on that podcast before listening. I can imagine it being like the video in the park, except with more fluff.

No multiplayer bots 22:30.
That isn't a surprise to me but I know there were rumors about that.

No plans for dedicated servers. 26:20. But there is "silky smooth" networking.

FyreWulff

Not sure if it's been talked about before, and although it was pretty much a given, female/male spartan character models were confirmed in the podcast.

Nice. Wonder when the first time we'll see fem-fours is. IIRC femsixes weren't even in the beta for Reach, unless you did that one weird assassination exploit. I don't remember the official reveal for them (minus Kat) coming until way after

Sai-kun

Banned
That'll be a pretty short list.

image.php

Context on that networking comment? MP and coop or only in the context of mp?

It was mentioned during the talks of dedicated servers so I'd assume he was talking about Multiplayer.
I hope the coop network is silky smooth too!

Toward the end Josh got asked a question about the new enemy.
He said they are keeping those details close to chest until people play Halo 4.
Sounds like we won't be hearing many campaign spoilers until the game launches <3.

No dedis but smooth networking?

Well I guess it's the next best th.. Well I guess... I can't...

=(

Halo Reach networking was fantastic, I'm not worried.
*Multiplayer, not coop.

Wish they answered questions that weren't already answered (forge, dual wielding etc). First world problems I know.

Still have hope for Spectator mode.

I wish they asked about that.
Josh was actually denying features that weren't in the game.
Probably would have got a decent response from him about that.

CyReN

Wish they answered questions that weren't already answered (forge, dual wielding etc). First world problems I know.

Still have hope for Spectator mode.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
It was mentioned during the talks of dedicated servers so I'd assume he was talking about Multiplayer.
I hope the coop network is silky smooth too!

Toward the end Josh got asked a question about the new enemy.
He said they are keeping those details close to chest until people play Halo 4.
Sounds like we won't be hearing many campaign spoilers until the game launches <3.

I do too, but it would be a first for Halo, so I'm not holding my breath. I really really would love some smooth coop this time around.

kylej

Banned
No dedis, huh? The way Halo 4 barely meets the most basic of expectations, rather than surpass them in any way marches on unabated. The most exciting piece of content released so far has been a gif of a BR battle.

What's the next magazine reveal, a Forge mode with slightly more gray blocks? A campaign lasting four and a half hours instead of four? 10 maps instead of 9? Hold me I'm going to pass out from the excitement.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Reach's biggest problem for multiplayer, it's shitty host selection and other host issues such as switching. The netcode itself is butter smooth for the most part.

I'm pretty sure they will iron out the host issues. That just leaves Spartan Ops and Campaign. Reach improved ODST and Halo 3's code but it's still a mess when playing with folks internationally. If they don't do something drastic for Spartan Op's netcode then that entire mode will be a write-off for me and thousands of other players.

Also; we'll see the new enemies, or at least some of them, at E3. I'm almost certain of it.

What's the next magazine reveal, a Forge mode with slightly more gray blocks? A campaign lasting four and a half hours instead of four? 10 maps instead of 9? Hold me I'm going to pass out from the excitement.

Grey mechs, not blocks.

jk, i'm actually really excited for halo 4.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Peer to peer will never be considered "silky smooth".

Seriously though I find the lack of dedis to be a big disappointment. I'm not kidding when I say I would pay an extra subscription service for them.

Arnie

I'd rather them just keep the enemy under wraps until the game's in my hands.

In fact, to go even further, I'd be pretty pleased if the remainder of the pre-release footage was just theatre replays of MLG pros BR'ing each other on a Halo 4 Forge remake of Amplified.

kylej

Banned
Grey mechs, not blocks.

I forgot we got confirmation of more grunts in Halo 4. More grunts, so sweet. Oh but this time they have a slightly different design, too. I can barely contain my excitement.

Every creative boundary has been broken with Halo 4. We're in uncharted territory here, folks. 343 is the Magellan of the development community.

No dedis, huh? The way Halo 4 barely meets the most basic of expectations, rather than surpass them in any way marches on unabated. The most exciting piece of content released so far has been a gif of a BR battle.

We,be had brown/green for forge in halo 3 (human themed), gray in reach (forerunner theme), so I'm guessing we are going to see a bonanza of purple.

In fact, to go even further, I'd be pretty pleased if the remainder of the pre-release footage was just theatre replays of MLG pros BR'ing each other on a Halo 4 Forge remake of Amplified.

I just vomited. That's on you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We don't need dedis, we need better matchmaking and host selection. Reach is just leaving is with a sour taste in our mouths. Doesn't CoD search by ping?

senador

Banned
Dedicated servers would have been awesome but I never expected them. Did you guys really think we'd get them?

I'm fine with peer to peer, just fix host choice and migration.

Not to crush anyones' hopes.. but the lack of dedicated servers kind of crushes any hope for a spectator mode.
I mean there is still a possibility, but.

kylej

Banned
Dedicated servers would have been awesome but I never expected them. Did you guys really think we'd get them?

I'm fine with peer to peer, just fix host choice and migration.

Yes? Gears and BF3 have them, why wouldn't Halo 4 have them considering it's releasing a year after those two, and it's Microsoft's biggest franchise?

It feels like Bungie is still in charge of development.

Well, I guess it depends on if you want Halo 4 to actually financially successful, lol

Why would I have faith?

Bungie and now 343 which basically is Bungie (Poopsocked by Microsoft) is just going for sales. Catering to the people who will play for a week, MAYBE beat campaign, and get shit on in ten games of MP and then sell it for the next big CoD. While continuing to triumphantly dong on the hopes of dreams of everyone who will have more than 100 games of Halo4 played on their records.

Framerate...check, same as before, no advancement
Firefight...GONE, in return we get Spec Ops (Halo edition)
Dedis...confirmed not in. Same as before, no advancement

Graphics and Splosions...Awww YEA WE GOT A TON OF THAT SHIT!

I only ask with all these non-advancements. Where are all the resources and money going into!? I'll tell you expensive NYC parties to let bad NFL players test the game ahead of time which results in literally nothing good happening in-game.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why would I have faith?

Bungie and now 343 which basically is Bungie (Poopsocked by Microsoft) is just going for sales. Catering to the people who will play for a week, MAYBE beat campaign, and get shit on in ten games of MP and then sell it for the next big CoD. While continuing to triumphantly dong on the hopes of dreams of everyone who will have more than 100 games of Halo4 played on their records.

Framerate...check, same as before, no advancement
Firefight...GONE, in return we get Spec Ops (Halo edition)
Dedis...confirmed not in. Same as before, no advancement

Graphics and Splosions...Awww YEA WE GOT A TON OF THAT SHIT!

I only ask with all these non-advancements. Where are all the resources and money going into!? I'll tell you expensive NYC parties to let bad NFL players test the game ahead of time which results in literally nothing good happening in-game.

I hope you're joking.

Top Bottom