• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT3| Remember Reach?

wwm0nkey

For those rooming with me at PAX I have an update both good and bad-ish.

The bad: The hotel my mother found is more expensive and only had Thursday-Sunday available apparently (not sure is she was BSing about the last part)

The Good: My mom decided to pay for half of the hotel room so you guys wont have to worry about chipping in a lot of extra cash.

She got the Fairmont Olympic Hotel.

"alien is terrible by today's standard"

SMH Bobs' SMH.

Dude, I LOVE Alien, it was incredible for its time
and I got to work with one of the art directors from the original film so I have a personal interest in those movies.
That said other movies are going to have diluted the horror since so the original wont be as powerful today.

Damn you Elzar.

He really said that? Tell 'em FU from me.

Tell bobs too stfu, stalker said so.

You guys trust anything Elzar said!??

Tell 'em FU again.

:(

"alien is terrible by today's standard"

EdcIn.gif

heckfu

Banned
I am 99.9 percent honest.
You are the 99.9%.

In other news, I've been in a board review for 8 hours now and it's not losing pace. And I have 3 more days in a row of it.

Also, after thinking about the subject of dedis I can confidently say I don't know enough about it to have a comment...other than this one.

GhaleonEB

I'm pretty god damned terrible at maths, no denying. :p

If you need help, lemme know. I do maths for a living. Well, some of them.

Dude, I LOVE Alien, it was incredible for its time
and I got to work with one of the art directors from the original film so I have a personal interest in those movies.
That said other movies are going to have diluted the horror since so the original wont be as powerful today.

Watching it again on Blu-Ray recently, I found it at least as effective as when I was younger, and I gained a greater appreciation of how brilliant the film is visually. It remains one of the scariest damn things I've ever seen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Sign on, read GAF for 5 more minutes, go back and realize 3 people invited me. HaloGAF has never been this active at this time.

whatisthemeaning

CyReN

Got Battlefield 3 for $20 from Best Buy, for the last 45 minutes I've installed 3gb of updates/maps, Install HD pack, and install the game. What a terrible way to setup a game. It's all about simplicity.

and go see The Avengers, sooo good.

For those rooming with me at PAX I have an update both good and bad-ish.

The bad: The hotel my mother found is more expensive and only had Thursday-Sunday available apparently (not sure is she was BSing about the last part)

The Good: My mom decided to pay for half of the hotel room so you guys wont have to worry about chipping in a lot of extra cash.

She got the Fairmont Olympic Hotel.

It's all good. I'm just happy that we'll have a hotel. I was scared because a lot of them are fully booked. Any idea how close that one is to the event?

Halo 1 has a Alien vibe to me, Its got a "fear factor" and also the marines and UNSC remind me alot of the Alien counterparts.

Iv said it lots but id love to see halo 4 recapture some of that

Player with 3 guests all with those default random icons split screening voting for Crazy King on Pinnacle. Rushing hill all game. Never stop casuals, never stop.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just found out the wife and i have a 2nd child on the way. our first daughter is named Autumn, i'm thinking Dawn for the 2nd if its a girl...

If you need help, lemme know. I do maths for a living. Well, some of them.

Watching it again on Blu-Ray recently, I found it at least as effective as when I was younger, and I gained a greater appreciation of how brilliant the film is visually. It remains one of the scariest damn things I've ever seen.

I think for the younger generation though all the movies that basically 'copied' elements from Aliens would have desensitized them to it. It was truly intense for its time but I dont think the same horror works these days. Horror in general is a genre that is constantly evolving, but those damn facehuggers are still one of the more terrifying things I have ever seen in a movie, im pretty sure those would still make even the biggest horror fans skin crawl.

I would love to watch that movie in blue ray, the art direction was awesome.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
just found out the wife and i have a 2nd child on the way. our first daughter is named Autumn, i'm thinking Dawn for the 2nd if its a girl...

Haha, I would have died if you guys were Mexican and had named the second girl Pilar. (yes I know it's not pillar, but it's close).

Congrats btw. I found out about a month ago my brother is having another girl, too. It's baby time!

how bout Pillar.

BAH! Didn't even see kyle's response.

Top Bottom