• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Isn't defending the flag carrier while outnumbered the whole point of CTF? Why bother protecting the carrier, he has a weapon now.

At least using the pistol is middle ground, I assumed that they were going to change it to full on flag on your back and you have full access to your weapon set.

Isn't defending the flag carrier while outnumbered the whole point of CTF? Why bother protecting the carrier, he has a weapon now.
Have you seen the Pistol in H4 lol? Thing sucks.

m23

Exactly. The whole point is to defend the objective, now people will just try to kill people while carrying the flag rather than trying to score.

Hopefully the MLG and classic playlists will be well populated.

This is one of those changes that I see getting applied to the "classic" playlists.

If the Pistol is as gimped as we've seen, one kill per mag, you're still going to have to defend him. But still, I don't like this.

CyReN

• Visual Design working on limited edition inspired by USNC Infinity and the Forerunner tech associated with it is, translucent.
  • Working with matching limited edition wireless headset with USNC controller and matching triton headset
  • Definite possibility for remade maps "at least once", none on launch.

Well if it's limited to the pistol only then it won't be too bad. I mean the pistol isn't gonna out duel a BR user unless the person with BR straight sucks.

The pistol also has bloom.

• Visual Design for limited edition inspired by by USNC Infinity and the forerunner tech associated with it is, translucent.
  • Working with matching limited edition wireless headset with USNC controller and matching triton headset

Very Nice.

FyreWulff

It makes the most sense as to the weapon that you could use while holding a flag, but not sure how I feel about that. Comes off as trying to interest the Slayer base into playing CTF when they're already not interested.

• Visual Design for limited edition inspired by by USNC Infinity and the forerunner tech associated with it is, translucent.
    [*]Definite possibility for remade maps "at least once", none on launch.

First thing I've seen that I fully comprehend and like. Good decision 343.

IHaveIce

Banned
  • Visual Design working on limited edition inspired by USNC Infinity and the Forerunner tech associated with it is, translucent.

no remakes at launch? Nice

Vire

Good.

L1NETT

I am guessing it just puts his secondary as his gun when carrying the flag?

So PP is possible.

But what happens if he has firepower (say DMR and BR). Does he have nothing? Can he use the flag ala normal Halo?

zap

So this is the first game that actually has a difference between weapon classes right?

Not only is there the weapon choice Primary/Secondary, now you can only hold certain weapons while holding a flag.

What happens if someone is holding two primary weapons while picking up the flag?

I can see a situation where the flag carier is using the plasma pistol, shredding sheilds while team mates pick up headshot kills easily. It's going to change a lot of the dynamics that we are used to in Halo CTF

blamite

Well then you're not really 'holding' the flag like in previous Halos - I'd say that the flag is not used in melee right?

That's what I'm hoping, but you never know. If you're not carrying a pistol when you pick up the flag I'd assume you'd get no weapon and swing the flag for your melee.

Vire

I am guessing it just puts his secondary as his gun when carrying the flag?

So PP is possible.

But what happens if he has firepower (say DMR and BR). Does he have nothing? Can he use the flag ala normal Halo?

Yep, that's what will happen.

thank god.

also not sure about pistol with ctf. have to see gameplay to judge that.

Right. The lesser of two evils.

But WHY?!

343 said a while ago that they were changing up the old objective gametypes, and the reason is that objective has been a complete matchmaking failure in the past two Halo games. They are trying to make objective gametypes appeal to more people and be more accessible, I probably won't like all the changes to them, but I understand why they are doing it.

That is one fine question lol.

Indeed it is.

And can people throw grenades while holding flag?

If so then it's really easy to nade/headshot.

And how about AA's since Sprint isn't one of them?

And what about the oddball, does it have the same properties?

And maybe to balance it will they take away radar for objective person?

So many questions

What if when you carry the flag without a pistol you move slightly faster but with it you move slower? So like when you have the flag with a pistol you have the flag in your left hand and pistol in your right but you move slower than normal base speed. Without a pistol you move the normal base speed but still can't sprint. Seems like that would work IMO.

Vire

It makes the most sense as to the weapon that you could use while holding a flag, but not sure how I feel about that. Comes off as trying to interest the Slayer base into playing CTF when they're already not interested.

From someone who isn't interested in the current CTF, I can say this interests me greatly.

That and the objective specific assassinations.

Flag carrier can now deal damage from a distance? Dear god, why?

A distance? You act like the pistol is this death dealing sniper rifle. It's a weak close ranged weapon.

343 said a while ago that they were changing up the old objective gametypes, and the reason is that objective has been a complete matchmaking failure in the past two Halo games. They are trying to make objective gametypes appeal to more people and be more accessible, I probably won't like all the changes to them, but I understand why they are doing it.

this does make alot of sense. last time i looked at objective in reach (a while) it had less than 800 on a saturday afternoon.

really hope what 343 helps gameplay enough so more people will play it.

Karl2177

Yep, I'm very happy with this. Hopefully the maps are of great quality.

Haven and Longbow, certainly look great.

One thing that I'm liking about both of those maps is that there is a sneaky side route around the map. It's not like Sword Base, Powerhouse, or quite a few of the Reach maps where there are 2 or fewer options on where you can go versus where you want to go.

Because they will release a Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014 and it will have 20 Halo 2 maps as well as 10 maps from Halo 1 and Halo 3. It will also add firefight and an ODST campaign.

It will ship at $50 and be available as both a download, or standalone disc that will install to the hard drive so you can launch everything from the Halo 4 menu with out switching discs.

FyreWulff

It still doesn't solve the root problem which is that it's objective. The Halo base is simply not interested on a wide scale. The attempt they called 2 Flag Slayer didn't get a revival for TO from it's inclusion.

Tawpgun

I really enjoy flag juggling...

However...

If they don't make the flag a 1 hit kill, if you're still slow with it... I don't think a pistol wielding flag user is too bad.

I really enjoy flag juggling...

However...

If they don't make the flag a 1 hit kill, if you're still slow with it... I don't think a pistol wielding flag user is too bad.

It's a skill for skill swap, so it's not the end of the world, but I'm still disappointed. Being a good flag runner was, imo, far more difficult than having good aim with the pistol is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom