• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it means until the time a new episode is up.

And I'm almost 100% sure they said you can replay episodes.

Yeah I remember some miscommunication earlier regarding old levels not being able to be played anymore. Would have been awful.

EDIT: That actually would have been some crazy marketing. The new episodes that release each week overwrite last weeks. At the end of the season, you have the ability to buy the season to gain access to replayability.

m23

Question Regarding Spartan Ops:

It say 14 hours remaining in upper right hand corner, what does that mean exactly?

Can you still replay missions from Episode 1, weeks later?

What happens if you are away for a week and you missed the episode?

I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by Ellis that you could replay the missions whenever you feel like.

Wow, watching the "game like a movie" vidoc, It seems like 343 took the entire marketing budget and actually put most of it towards production.

Probably the biggest production budget on a video game ever. So many people working on Halo 4. Crazy.
Proceeds to throw money at 343

GhaleonEB

I don't think there's any harm in sharing this. We, as designers, deterine whether or not phantoms shoot or not.

Some of the ones in my missions do, some don't. :)
This is good news. I'm concerned about what they shoot and how long they hang around to shoot it. Reach's turrets are woefully designed.

They were pretty much using Reach as their testbed for Halo 4 ideas, and I don't care if anyone of them tries to say otherwise, and it's not even a new concept in the game industry.

I've disagreed with you in the past, but this remains your most absurd assertion. It simply makes no sense, at all.

You guys totally did the TU and then did absolutely nothing with that telemetry with regards to decisions for Halo 4. Yup. Completely isolated from each other. Which is why the changes to bloom, sword clashing, and bleedthrough have all showed up in Halo 4, and ATLAS Microsoft Glass functionality was shown off at E3.

Even if it wasn't the intention, it sure felt like it. And it sure as hell feels like it was half finished because of Halo 4 being on the horizon.

I hear "we learned from what we did with Reach" and now "those teams have little to do with each other". This is a going in circles. I'm done.

I told my wife yesterday that the fence I'm repairing in the back yard protects us from tigers. Because since I started building it, there have been no tiger attacks. Your post is about as well reasoned, only serious.

(As for Atlas, they up and said it was an experiment. Your conspiracy theory on the TU is amazingly silly.)

Just watched the first trailer shown in the SDCC panel...

*Bow 343 Bow*

The realization of some of the concept art is truly remarkable.

I also can't believe how incredibly modest 343 has been about the whole thing, they are blowing the doors off what Bungie ever accomplished in terms of graphics. Or any 360 game for that matter. BS Angel has been underselling how unbelievable this stuff looks in the Bulletins...

Cannot wait to see this in direct feed.

Where can this be seen?

Vire

This is good news. I'm concerned about what they shoot and how long they hang around to shoot it. Reach's turrets are woefully designed.

I've disagreed with you in the past, but this remains your most absurd assertion. It simply makes no sense, at all.

Where can this be seen?

First 2 minutes the trailer is shown:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35_pXjNsDUY&feature=g-u-u

Prepare to pick up your jaw. Lot's of other goodies throughout the panel also, it's an enjoyable watch besides the cringe worthy questions asked.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
We're just pawns in the Matrix. Beta testing their "Reach" software in preparation for the 1.0 version

Homeboyd

Just to make sure I haven't missed anything; they never said anything about SpOps netcode as it relates to Reach's FF mode, correct? (i.e. is it the same/comparable/completely different?)

FyreWulff

We're just pawns in the Matrix. Beta testing their "Reach" software in preparation for the 1.0 version

That's what the Reach Beta playlist was for. Well, for the first month, before they pushed their "beta" settings into the rest of matchmaking.

A game having a beta playlist halfway into it's lifecycle.. this is something that happened.

Just to make sure I haven't missed anything; they never said anything about SpOps netcode as it relates to Reach's FF mode, correct? (i.e. is it the same/comparable/completely different?)

Nope, probably because it's going to be lockstep.

HOW ARE YOU STILL ARGUING THIS POINT

The Reach TU Beta playlist was an actual thing. Put your pants back on.

heckfu

Banned
That's what the Reach Beta playlist was for. Well, for the first month, before they pushed their "beta" settings into the rest of matchmaking.

A game having a beta playlist halfway into it's lifecycle.. this is something that happened.

HOW ARE YOU STILL ARGUING THIS POINT

Anyone else annoyed by "for scenes from next week's episode of Breaking Bad, stay tuned during the first commercial break of Small Town Security."

And halo. Pistol with flag is bad.

FyreWulff

Anyone else annoyed by "for scenes from next week's episode of Breaking Bad, stay tuned during the first commercial break of Small Town Security."

And halo. Pistol with flag is bad.

Networks do that all the time. They're trying to use Breaking Bad to boost the next show's ratings.

It'll probably play okish for americans and utterly shitty for europeans/others...

That's why I don't play as much FF as I'd like to...

OverHeat

« generous god »
Decided to play H3 campaign today some of the lighting effect still impress me and that dynamic water!!!, the game is a lot better then reach IMO.

Homeboyd

It'll probably play okish for americans and utterly shitty for europeans/others...

That's why I don't play as much FF as I'd like to...

FF plays like shit for us too.
Yeah, I was about to say... I HAVE to play solo. When I start joining up with multiple people, it just turns into a "how much lag do I want to tolerate" kind of situation. I don't bother anymore. Then again, I'm pretty much a loner anyways so it's not a big deal for me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
They said it wouldn't be credits based unlocks, but rather unlock with ranks/player skill.

I think what they said was it's locked with rank, the specializations are chosen at 10 level intervals in what you decide and how you WANT to play. It's not predetermined on how you play/skill.

Also, all this specialization talk is stuff they talked about wanting to do with Reach.

I specifically remember them mentioning pre-release that they wanted an indicator that showed people how you play. Be it a good gunner, driver, etc.

Play one game after a month of being away.

Get Uncaged.

See you next month Halo.

Should have listened to my leet strats on how to play that shitty map. When using said strats I have never lost on said map. Doesn't matter if the other team is jetpacking or anything. I like coming up with leet strats for shitty maps because then idiots we play against pick them less.

Vire

New Spartan Ops location:

ik02A.png

Yay snow.

So we've seen Lava, Snow, Desert, Forerunner, and Human environments...

I can't wait to see the rolling grass maps...

They said it wouldn't be credits based unlocks, but rather unlock with ranks/player skill.
So that just means you don't buy the armor with credits/Spoints, it's unlocked as you progress through the levels. The comment about player skill means that your level up faster the better you play. You can witness this in the videos we've been shown, it's the things we've been posting for months now like:
HEADSHOT +10
ROCKET KILL +10
DISTRACTION +10
OMG UR SO GUD AT THIS GAME +10

YourExWife said:
Should have listened to my leet strats on how to play that shitty map. When using said strats I have never lost on said map. Doesn't matter if the other team is jetpacking or anything. I like coming up with leet strats for shitty maps because then idiots we play against pick them less.
Care to indulge us? I hate that map.

Ryaaan14

Banned

So let's say in Halo Reach, you had to earn 500,000 credits to unlock X helmet. In Halo 4 you're going to have to rank up based on your performance (ala Halo 3) to let's say level 30 to unlock X helmet instead.

So that just means you don't buy the armor with credits/Spoints, it's unlocked as you progress through the levels. The comment about player skill means that your level up faster the better you play. You can witness this in the videos we've been shown, it's the things we've been posting for months now like:
HEADSHOT +10
ROCKET KILL +10
DISTRACTION +10
OMG UR SO GUD AT THIS GAME +10

I certainly hope this is the case, instead of hitting a plateau based on your skill level and not being able to unlock further armor pieces.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
IGN LogoGate story.

LOLWUT? The portal behind the chief is an actual object designed to be seen in the context of a story. The opening behind Batman is a literal logo, designed to reinforce the brand in a moody and subversive way. One is an illustration, one is a graphic design. This is like, Design 101.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom