• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT6| I will not allow you to leave this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its probably a good thing I'm not going to PAX, id end up sharing a room
bed
with Sai.

Dat awkward aftermath of posting

*Oh Sai*

ftfy

First rule of cuddle parties: you don't talk about cuddle parties.

What exactly are we expecting to be at PAX as far as new info goes? Anything?

a zoojoo

Banned
My Inheritage. Ah how long, tedious and full of crazy lulz the road was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N34MViHOIl8

PS: Pulled a triple Tashi in the video, in one Elite Slayer match <3
Just started my road today, just got to Field Marshall.
I'd be willing to bet everyone here is a reasonably cool person irl, no matter they're posting style. There's always a few exceptions that really are just dicks and eventually their true personality comes out and they either leave on their own accord or they're 'politely' asked to leave.

The greatest aspect of HaloGAF to me is that not only is there (nearly) every type of personality, nationality, and ethnicity represented here, but everyone is here for the same reason
obviously to read Frank and David's posts
, and the passion for that something will always outlast any short-lived arguments, disagreements or outright forum bro-battles. I've only been posting here for a year and a half, and I can tell our regulars are 2 legit 2 quit. It's nice to see the ancients just as active as *some* of our FNG's
excluding a zoojoo of course :p

I'd buy any one of you assholes a beer and I hardly know any of you. #wishiwasgoingtopax
love you too homeboyd. :p

No one buys 20gb at this point. But some of us got them at/near launch and never wanted to pay all that money for a new console when it wasn't needed. Same with the HD.

also, LOL $55

Find me an old, 250 gig XBOX 360 hard drive and I will GLADLY get it. Refurbished gamestop ones can be dodgy, and im not sure how much I trust a used one.

You can put a slim HDD onto a Phat and vice versa. For the Phat you have to have the casing that latches onto the top of the box.

Plus you can always make your own HDD using a Western Digital 2.5". They are much cheaper than the proprietary MS HDDs.

kylej

Banned
Dat strafe

datstraffenok6o.gif

o,,O

Can this be done multiple times in a row? Also can you shoot while you're super strafing/rolling on your heelys?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ellis watching Gaf like a hawk.

I am 70k from Field Marshall. I must get there. Hope there are some cool bonuses for your Reach level, and how many Halo games you've played/how much Halo played.

kylej

Banned
No and no.

Ok. And it doesn't give you a temp state of invulnerability right? Seems basically like a dinosaur roll from Reach and I know you can kill dinos while they're mid tumble.

edit. Also is it a fixed strafe distance or can you control how far you move?

Aggrotek

All H3 map packs are 400 points except the Mythic II pack which is still 800 points

This pisses me off because I %100 bought this map pack (I have the achievements from it and everything) and it won't let me redownload it. Which makes %50 of the playlists inaccessible to me.

Edit: wait... I might have just used the ODST disc. Shit. Going back to Gamestop tomorrow.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Speaking of a bit murdery:
Nakamoto was quite an experience:
iu9vdBwOIsncc.jpg

I went for it:
ibwAzVG1k38TbT.jpg

And some how managed it:
ibkMyCDTgrpw4a.jpg

It was amazing, loved it. Will gomback for more before I leave. Maybe try a 7?

I AM SO MAD JELLY

Also see if they have the special edition Cup Noodle Nakamoto - it would only be in 7/11s close to the restaurant. Like, a block or two away.

No and no.

Any chance that in custom game settings or perhaps in the final build we will be able to do more than one "thrust"?

It would be nice to have the option between 2 short thrusts and one long thrust, spice things up a little, you know choice and deeper gameplay and all that jazz.

Would certainly make some interesting strafes as well as something that the MLG guys would love.

Custom game option at least?

Homeboyd

I'd say your best bet is to try find cheap used ODST. Unless you're the type who absolutely cannot deal with discs.

homboyd, buy ODST, its 20 bucks andit has all the maps.
Yeah my ODST disc has been scratched to shit for about a year rendering it pretty much useless in MM. FF still works fine, but I want to get back in on some H3 MM. Been too long.

Thanks for the info gents. Not sure what I'm going to do.

IHaveIce

Banned
you guys talking about PAX is making me so jealous :(

Damn Europe..

And I have an 250 GB HDD that I don't need. If anyone wants it and takes the shipping if it is in the US I will gladly make an really cheap offer, But I don't think I have the transfer cable (but I could look for it)

If anyone interested, shoot me an PM

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Ok. And it doesn't give you a temp state of invulnerability right? Seems basically like a dinosaur roll from Reach and I know you can kill dinos while they're mid tumble.

edit. Also is it a fixed strafe distance or can you control how far you move?

No invulnerability during thruster burst. And it has a fixed distance, but you can extend the range forward by jumping then thrusting. Just not by much.

kylej

Banned
No invulnerability during thruster burst. And it has a fixed distance, but you can extend the range forward by jumping then thrusting. Just not by much.

Interesting. So I could jump off an overhang (say blue room to snipe lift on Guardian), drop the oddball to a teammate, then thrust in mid-air back over to where I just jumped from?

Or does super strafe drop whatever you're holding?

Any chance that in custom game settings or perhaps in the final build we will be able to do more than one "thrust"?

It would be nice to have the option between 2 short thrusts and one long thrust, spice things up a little, you know choice and deeper gameplay and all that jazz.

Would certainly make some interesting strafes as well as something that the MLG guys would love.

Custom game option at least?
DA FUQ? Welcome man!

Sort or weird. I turned on Reach tonight and got greeted with 2 messages:

Xbox 360 console temporarily banned from earning credits

Then another message:

This account is banned from earning credits.

Now I let my Son play sometimes online (he's 7) The other night he had a little buddy over and I let them play Grifball. What the hell could they have done? I was watching them most of the time so I don't really get it.

Anyway, how long does this last?

edit: shit, looks like I cant join matches

Those new trittons wireless by any chance?

Also, is it free week play or something? Last night I could play Halo yet I never added any XBLive subscription to my account and people said I showed up as Silver.

kylej

Banned
Now I let my Son play sometimes online (he's 7) The other night he had a little buddy over and I let them play Grifball. What the hell could they have done? I was watching them most of the time so I don't really get it.

Anyway, how long does this last?

edit: shit, looks like I cant join matches

Your son was ruining the Halo Reach credit economy. You're lucky you've only got a temp ban, if Hired Noobs was president you'd be drawn and quartered.

No and no.

You're so proud of that gif aren't you. It is gorgeous though. I think can you can hear me doing this amazement gasp when it happens.

Wired and wirless versions. Wired is UNSC themed, Wireless is Forerunner themed. Both take visual cues from the new controllers.
Are the both 7.1 and do the wireless ones use 2.4ghz frequency? I assume they'll cost any where from $100-$200.

Your son was ruining the Halo Reach credit economy. You're lucky you've only got a temp ban, if Hired Noobs was president you'd be drawn and quartered.
If I was president, I'd remind everyone that the cR they earned was ultimately because of Microsoft and Bungie, not because of the playtime they put in themselves.

That sounds good, I'll probably think about them. Depending on how "wireless" that means...people get wordy with that. I've literally tripped over my "wireless" TB's and my "wireless" Astros arent too wireless either, especially behind the scenes theres like 6 cords or more. Ughh In 2012!.

Anyone want a good deal on Astros? Ill take a bit off the new price they are like new. Which means used but I take care of my stuff.

That sounds good, I'll probably think about them. Depending on how "wireless" that means...people get wordy with that. I've literally tripped over my "wireless" TB's and my "wireless" Astros arent too wireless either, especially behind the scenes theres like 6 cords or more. Ughh In 2012!.

Anyone want a good deal on Astros? Ill take a bit off the new price they are like new. Which means used but I take care of my stuff.

My only concern is the frequency. I have wireless headphones and they use a 2.4ghz frequency, which is a nightmare in my house. If they're bluetooth or 5.8ghz I might bite, but then again I really prefer the UNSC design.

Bluetooth is 2.4Ghz as well, just less info being sent and less range. Unless I'm misunderstanding your concern.
Well whatever it is, I've never had interference with bluetooth headsets. My turtle beach's are always popping and cracking whenever anything wireless is within 10ft.

My only concern is the frequency. I have wireless headphones and they use a 2.4ghz frequency, which is a nightmare in my house. If they're bluetooth or 5.8ghz I might bite, but then again I really prefer the UNSC design.

Bluetooth is 2.4Ghz as well, just less info being sent and less range. Unless I'm misunderstanding your concern.

Not sure what you guys are talking about. What would they ban me if I was legit playing the game?
The banhammer is completely automated. It is not public information but one of the things it will tag you for is idling, or carrying idle guests/players through matchmaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom