• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach and Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC testing delayed

CyberPanda

Banned
A few weeks ago, Microsoft announced that Halo: Reach was coming to Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and that the complete package was headed to PC. The company added that players can test the games early on Xbox One and PC, and play a part in their development.
Halo: Reach and Halo: The Master Chief Collection PC testing was slated for an April release, but now that the month has come to an end, that doesn't appear to be the case. Today, 343 Industries' Brian Jarrard said that his initial time frame was incorrect, and that he would provide more information soon as to when testers can access early builds.
Well this tweet didn't age well. Hey, this project is complex, and being transparent means sometimes things change vs. what we originally hoped. Work continues but the first public flights are pushing out further than originally targeted. Will share more info soon! https://t.co/aSCB37ZxD2
— Brian Jarrard (@ske7ch) April 29, 2019
Halo: The Master Chief Collection is an ambitious compilation of many Halo games which feature Master Chief. With the addition of Halo: Reach, it'll be an even bigger undertaking. It's understandable that it's taking some time for the studio to get it up and running on a fresh platform.
It seems like testers will be able to play early builds in May, although we're yet to see formal confirmation. We'll keep you posted as soon as we know more. Are you excited about Halo: Reach and Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to PC? Let us know.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
oh for goodness sake microsoft.

" Are you excited about Halo: Reach and Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to PC? "

i was but not right now. when they get around to actually letting us play then yeah i'll be excited.

Last edited:
With the package on offer, I understand. Take the time and do it right, it's been crazy long since we've gotten a Halo release on PC, I'm okay if they make sure they do it right.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Delays are what veteran studios do, I don't want a buggy game but there is a reason why this is a "beta"...

waylo

Banned
I don't mind delays at all, but them continually going "end of April", "still totally April", "yup, definitely still happening in April", and then delaying it at the last second is pretty wack. Still hyped for Halo back on PC though.

Stuart360

oh for goodness sake microsoft.

" Are you excited about Halo: Reach and Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to PC? "

i was but not right now. when they get around to actually letting us play then yeah i'll be excited.
Its play testing that has been delayed. We dont have an actual official release date for the game proper.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Something tells me that we won't be getting full MCC on PC by the end of this year - we'll get Reach at best and everything else will be coming much later in 2020 and beyond. Looks like they need some help, fast, I'm sure that Crackdown 3 team doing nothing at this point. Well, sad news of course, but as long as MCC will be on Steam, I'll wait for it for as long as it takes to get the best possible version of each game on PC.

9WjwNP5.gif

Last edited:

Stuart360

Lots of talk on reddit and Steam that Epic have moneyhatted the games, and it will be announced at E3.
I cant see it myself. This is Microsoft, not some mid level AA publisher like Deep Silver, they dont exactly need the money, and this will just bring nothing but negativity to Microsoft, which would be ridiculous to do after all the goodwill they have got from Steam users, and PC gamers in general over Halo coming to Steam

Dacon

Banned
Lots of talk on reddit and Steam that Epic have moneyhatted the games, and it will be announced at E3.
I cant see it myself. This is Microsoft, not some mid level AA publisher like Deep Silver, they dont exactly need the money, and this will just bring nothing but negativity to Microsoft, which would be ridiculous to do after all the goodwill they have got from Steam users, and PC gamers in general over Halo coming to Steam

You'd have to be pretty dumb to believe a rumor like that. Microsoft moneyhatted by Epic? Lmao.

The amount of money theyre going to make off of Steam and the MS store is going to outweigh any bonus they could get from epic.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
These are the same people who reacted to the Microsoft buying IOI rumour as "It's better if Warner Bros buys them instead".

Epic buying something from Ms? I mean, anyone buying something from Ms makes me laugh.

But Epic moneyhatting Ms's biggest franchise (well, second biggest, since Minecraft exists) is just something out of a flat-earther/antivax conspiracy.

It's much more likely that Microsoft will buy Epic, instead. Won't happen of course, and I'm not even saying they should. But it's a less ridiculous idea.

The Skull

Least they're communicating with us about it. I expect the test for Reach to be end of June. The MCC on pc has been a long time coming and I can certainly live with the delay knowing it will be here eventually and on steam. I'm hoping Microsoft does the same with all of their exclusives. I hope to god they put Gears 5 on steam.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
First ever (almost an hour) gameplay of Halo Reach running on PC with native mouse and KB support.

Halo Reach PC testing will begin in June.

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
nice. i hope i'm picked but probably not.

i own MCC + 5 on xbox digitally. will i need to buy them again? i can't remember if MS has said anything about this. i mean, i don't mind if i need to buy it again but just wanna know. i think i paid like £6 for MCC lol.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
nice. i hope i'm picked but probably not.

i own MCC + 5 on xbox digitally. will i need to buy them again? i can't remember if MS has said anything about this. i mean, i don't mind if i need to buy it again but just wanna know. i think i paid like £6 for MCC lol.
You can probably play them on Windows Store.

Top Bottom