• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach: Evolved campaign overhaul mod will be coming to the PC

CyberPanda

Banned
Modder “The Vengeful ‘Vadam” has announced that the Halo Reach: Evolved campaign overhaul mod will be coming to the PC. This mod will be available to our platform once Halo: The Master Chief Collection releases on the PC.

In case you weren’t aware of, Halo Reach: Evolved campaign overhaul mod brings in certain aspects from the original trilogy of Halo games. It also edit some of the enemy encounters and alters the weapon and vehicle sandbox. Its ultimate aim is to make the game feel like the first Halo games, something that the purists Halo fans will appreciate.

For instance, player movement speed is 10% faster and jump height is 25% higher and you can carry up to 4 of each type of grenade. Frag grenades only explode “when at rest” like they do in Halo: CE, and the crosshair has been centered. Furthermore, the mod removes the Film Grain effects from each mission.Human AI allies have double the health and also fire the rocket launcher at slightly further distance.

As such, and once Halo: Reach comes out on the PC, PC gamers will be able to play the campaign in two different ways; via the original mode and via this custom overhaul mod. Awesome, right?

The modder recently released a brand new version of it for Xbox One, and you can find a new trailer for it below.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
But when is the game itself coming? I thought they said all will release in 2019 and we are yet to recieve a single one out of the 6 games.

Ivory Blood

Yeah, they should probably release at least one game of the promised six first. It's the end of the year and they are still in testing stage for Reach.

pqueue

But when is the game itself coming? I thought they said all will release in 2019 and we are yet to recieve a single one out of the 6 games.

I do not think they said all were coming this year.... do you have a reference for that?

They said they would start with Reach, then release the rest, in order, subsequently.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I do not think they said all were coming this year.... do you have a reference for that?

They said they would start with Reach, then release the rest, in order, subsequently.

Here you go-

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-the-master-chief-collection-pc-release-date/

Co-developer Splash Damage suggested in its newsletter—captured by Resetera—that all the games will arrive on PC before the year's end. "The cat is out of the bag. We're incredibly proud to be working closely with Microsoft once more, this time on bringing Halo: The Master Chief Collection to PC," it says. "Halo: Reach is coming first, with the rest of the titles scheduled throughout the year."

Top Bottom