• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Slightly Live said:
Actually I do.
Hmmm, interesting. My question wasn't sarcastic. I'm not a coder so I don't know why that would happen. Other than the video quality options (which Wu mentioned) I don't really find there to be a big difference between watching on Waypoint and YouTube.

As always, I will pass along all valid concerns to the team. :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Hmmm, interesting. My question wasn't sarcastic. I'm not a coder so I don't know why that would happen. Other than the video quality options (which Wu mentioned) I don't really find there to be a big difference between watching on Waypoint and YouTube.

As always, I will pass along all valid concerns to the team. :)

I appreciate it. It's just odd, SL must not like me. I was happy when the Waypoint site did away with earlier, SL heavy design a while back.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
TheOddOne said:
I wish they would give out info about the synths, I love that stuff.

What kind of info? Like, what synths and settings were used, or more broad info? I have been listening to the new soundtrack a lot and one of my favorite things is how well the synth stuff has been updated. It's still faithfully electronic and in places, a bit Moog-y, but the mixes are now richer and more cinematic. I think that replacing synths with synths was a strong and good choice.

lybertyboy said:
Fingers too tired to point & click your mouse?

Thats going to bite you in the ass every time theres a problem with Reach. :p

Honestly, Waypoint has come a long way, but Silverlight is no where near as smooth as Youtube. Bungie.net is actually worse than Waypoint for me. :/ Waypoint doesnt actually give me much trouble anymore, before the site redesign it used to really screw with my computer.

I interrupt this glorious glut of fresh cea media to bring you your regularly scheduled first game of the day (tm)

lololololl.jpg

So whack

TheOddOne

OuterWorldVoice said:
What kind of info? Like, what synths and settings were used, or more broad info? I have been listening to the new soundtrack a lot and one of my favorite things is how well the synth stuff has been updated. It's still faithfully electronic and in places, a bit Moog-y, but the mixes are now richer and more cinematic. I think that replacing synths with synths was a strong and good choice.
Yeah, really the snyths and the patches Marty used during that time. Whats fun is that a lot of freebie VSTi emulate the old hardware and you can mess around with them in music DAW's. I remember Hans Zimmer was giving out some tips and tricks on synth hardware/software he use to work with, went crazy on his stuff and even managed to emulate some small stuff I heard in Batman Begins.

Edit: truth be told, I have never gone hunting on info Marty might have dropped on his sythns etc. Time to begin, I guess :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
Hey 2003, what's up?

=P

There's only a small handful of PC games which my PC can't handle. It's the little machine that could. Rocking XP too. I have a Windows 7 partetion but my wifi dongle doesn't work in that environment so I stick with reliable XP.

Sad that I can't play Halo 2 though.

TheOddOne

Slightly Live said:
=P

There's only a small handful of PC games which my PC can't handle. It's the little machine that could. Rocking XP too. I have a Windows 7 partetion but my wifi dongle doesn't work in that environment so I stick with reliable XP.

Sad that I can't play Halo 2 though.
internet-bro-fist.jpg

Still the king.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Jumping immediately over to multiplayer next reemphasized just how much, for better and for worse, Anniversary’s Reach-built multiplayer component definitely isn’t the original Halo 1 version. The pistol may be beefed up and the maps may look familiar, but this is still very much Halo: Reach. It looks – and more importantly, feels – like Bungie’s 2010 game rather than their 2001 classic.
ATDGS.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That's a bummer. Hit up the PC thread on the gaming side, they'll help you with a build if you want to upgrade. Just read the OP, it's packed with great info.

I was rocking XP on a 5 year old laptop until this summer when I built my own. Feels good man.

DailyJoypad has a preview of CEA up too and a interview with Dennis Ries.

Est ce que tu parle francais? Halo.fr a publié l'article avec photos de David Ellis.
Okay, no one will understand the text, but hey you can see the video interview with Dennis Ries in English.
I haven't watched the video interview yet, but I think this could be the most interesting one, because Halo fans are asking the question. I know that the press guys can be Halofans too, but they don't ask the hardcore question.

feel

Damn, can't wait to get home and checkout this crazy ammount of new coverage. Special the MP and soundtrack stuff.

And tashi, that was really uncool of you to disrespect Dark Souls like that. We as gamers are very lucky to still be able to get such absorbing and incredibly executed experience in this day and age of ADD/OTT/generic crap.

About Terminals from the x360a preview:

difficulty levels will position them in different places

I didn't realise this, hopefully it's not a mistake.

Lyphen said:
My heart is shattering.
Not going to assume anything yet, so "we'll see". I want to believe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Switched to a PC, and honestly disappointed with the Terminal BTS.

It... was a glorified 2 minute ad. "We wanted to tell you more about GS. They'll tease Halo 4 tidbits. Here's the slighest of transition of un-finished clip to finished." Completely underwhelmed by it. No charting of "Well we considered this, but decided.." "Frank/Kevin/Someone wrote a draft outline" "Went back and forth with the Halo 4 writing team" or much actual glimpses as to how the terminals came together.

The Music BTS was better (if not great), a lot of Mellroth reasoing through the process, came off really well.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
ElzarTheBam said:
About Terminals from the x360a preview:

difficulty levels will position them in different places

I didn't realise this, hopefully it's not a mistake.

This used to be true, but was changed during test. Now they are all found in the same location, regardless of difficulty. In part so that players can switch difficulty in saved games, but there were other, more tedious reasons.

The first one is very simple to find. They get progressively harder, however.

OuterWorldVoice said:
This used to be true, but was changed during test. Now they are all found in the same location, regardless of difficulty. In part so that players can switch difficulty in saved games, but there were other, more tedious reasons.

Thanks for the clarification Frankie, progressively harder eh? Very nice.

lybertyboy

ElzarTheBam said:
Thanks for the clarification Frankie, progressively harder eh? Very nice.

Now that you mention it, there are several that I haven't found yet. Gotta remedy that stat!

OuterWorldVoice said:

I hope there will be different terminals on Legendary than on Heroic(With more content etc.) in Halo 4.

Otherwise I guess Halo.fr is the first site, who has the videos up. (B-roll of Hang'em High and Campaign Comparison I think.)

Striker said:
Tip of the day: randoms suck

Yea but it feels like a bloody conspiracy when they're put on your team every game.

Now where's that multiplayer footage to soothe the mad?

^ Hyper that website is being blocked by my anti virus software, any youtube links?

thee henery said:
Yea but it feels like a bloody conspiracy when they're put on your team every game.

Now where's that multiplayer footage to soothe the mad?

^ Hyper that website is being blocked by my anti virus software, any youtube links?
No youtube link yet. But they uploaded it on Dailymotion. Campaign and Hang'em High. I like the beginning of the Campaign b-roll. IGN is going to be mad about it. lol. Maybe that's the reason why IGN hasn't the video up yet. Duncan will be happy, too.

Avance-de-Halo-Anniversary-433x232.jpg

Thanks to these cool guys for all the interviews and stuff.

After reading through some Spanish game sites about Anniversary I got a question?

When and how is the process of dubbing a game, I'm not referring to the voices but also the in game messages and things like that, I'm curious about it.

I also read Spanish dubbed firefight on Installation 04 was on neutral Spanish, I really hope they don't fuck it up like they did with Halo 2, Mexican master chief was creepy to hear :/

lybertyboy

Zeouterlimits said:
Because the same group say it feels fine in Classic Mode.

Not quite sure how switching the graphics layer could affect controls. We're running the same underlying codes (AI, Physics, Controls) under both graphics layers.

lybertyboy said:
Not quite sure how switching the graphics layer could affect controls. We're running the same underlying codes (AI, Physics, Controls) under both graphics layers.
*considers* I don't actually know. Well if the framerate was poorer, could they not be percieving that as input lag?

OuterWorldVoice said:
Top tip: say, 'Xbox, Locate Terminalz,' to your kinect. Then wait.

lol

Louis Wu said:
:(
(I'm definitely confused by how much more weight winning or losing has than actual performance in-game in determining what your pool of players is going to be...)

My theory is: if the game see's you individually donging on the regular, it will give you people with no hands as teammates. The better you do, the worse your teammates will be.

Hypertrooper said:
No youtube link yet. But they uploaded it on Dailymotion. Campaign and Hang'em High. I like the beginning of the Campaign b-roll. IGN is going to be mad about it. lol. Maybe that's the reason why IGN hasn't the video up yet. Duncan will be happy, too.

Thanks Hyper, high noon looks stunning. Laughed at the tea bag thrown in there as well.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lybertyboy said:
Article doesn't actually mention classic mode for comparison, but Xbox Originals.

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
2 new BtS at Halo Waypoint:
BTS: Music
BTS: Terminals

Btw. I think it is obvious, but: Avoid the BTS if you don't want to see any campaign footage. :)

Oh man just listening to those was nice.

Hypertrooper said:
twitter.com/xplay/statuses/128472198053765120

If you care: It's 11:30pm in UK.

Louis Wu posted it at HBO:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2119285/halo-combat-evolved-anniversary-video-demo

You get a first glimpse of Cortana. If you want to see it.
It's the Halo 3 model.

BOOOOOIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god. I really hope her model stays the same for Halo 4. I really got tired of the ever changing Cortana model.

that anniversary soundtrack BTS was great. i'm really looking forward to getting the game up and running on the 5.1 (hopefully newegg comes through with an early delivery!)

i've also got glasslands queued up on kindle. time to listen to the halo soundtracks on spotify to tide me over.

still not caught up, but ghaleon banned! whoah!

also, i still vote for |OT7| halo community veterans

Hey You

Gabotron ES said:
If there's something similar to Bungie Pro for Halo 4 please, let us buy render minutes with our Microsoft Points. Please!
Or give us expanded fileshare and youtube render for free?

I mean Activision seems like the kind of company that doesn't want to miss out on any extra revenue, so I assume youtube rendering for their games isn't too expensive? Of course I don't know anything about that, but just saying.

Top Bottom