• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

heckfu

Banned
i've already preordered 5

p.s. i like your new avatar :)

p.p.s. hi
happy birthday

i christmas-fied it. i have to fit in. I NEED EVERYONE'S APPROVAL.

edit: also, the bills....headdesk. i cant handle loving them publicly anymore after the loss AGAIN TO THE DOLPHINS THIS YEAR.
juices, i don't know how you can live in buffalo proudly.

Trey

Wait, does anyone actually like Reach in here?

Hate that I had to use "in" instead of "around". Damn double entendres.

i christmas-fied it. i have to fit in. I NEED EVERYONE'S APPROVAL.

edit: also, the bills....headdesk. i cant handle loving them publicly anymore after the loss AGAIN TO THE DOLPHINS THIS YEAR.
juices, i don't know how you can live in buffalo proudly.

I don't Buffalo is fucking the worst. They can't close for shit and most women are as gross as forerunners. I want to move somewhere warm so bad.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, does anyone actually like Reach in here?

Hate that I had to use "in" instead of "around". Damn double entendres.
I like it! But it sucks as far as Halo goes. Fronkie save us.

I initially felt bad for Fyre after he got rid of his post only for Ram to have quoted him...
Then I saw the sheer amount of deleted posts... There comes a time when not posting is the best option. Type it out and don't press Submit.

I was too busy being a nerd to play last night. That trend will continue for a short while.

I initially felt bad for Fyre after he got rid of his post only for Ram to have quoted him...
Then I saw the sheer amount of deleted posts... There comes a time when not posting is the best option. Type it out and don't press Submit.

I was too busy being a nerd to play last night. That trend will continue for a short while.

nerd.gif

J/K, I've been studying hard myself last week. Not having an xbox helps Though.

So I complete 4 games of Firefight on Heroic or harder for 30K?

Can I do this in the matchmaking?
No. You have to finish 4 sets. 1 set is 3 rounds with 5 waves. I think you have to do that in one game.

Don't forget! You have to play till the 5th set starts.

Homeboyd

So I complete 4 games of Firefight on Heroic or harder for 30K?

Can I do this in the matchmaking?
No, there aren't any gametypes that go through 4 sets in MM. Set up a custom game for 5 sets (5 waves per round, 3 rounds per set. Need to COMPLETE 4 sets.. i.e. start the 5th set) and make sure you're running it co-op.

Any settings will work (Fuel rods w/ bottomless clips, 3x overshields and grunts only will work for example).

TheOddOne

For the peeps who still have not bought this classic.

Halo Forerunner: Book 1: Cryptum Paperback Now Available
The Halo Forerunner: Book 1: Cryptum novel is available from today as a paperback, republished in the UK and available for a significantly reduced price. The first part of a new trilogy based in the Halo videogame universe, Halo Forerunner: Book 1: Cryptum tells the tale of the complete disappearance of the Forerunners from existence.

100,000 years ago, the galaxy was populated by a great variety of beings. But one species – eons beyond all others in both technology and knowledge – achieved dominance. They ruled in peace but met opposition with quick and brutal effectiveness. They were the Forerunners – the keepers of the Mantle, the next stage of life in the Universe’s Living Time. And then they disappeared.

Greg Bear, the author of Halo Forerunner: Book 1: Cryptum, has penned more than thirty books of science fiction and fantasy. Awarded two Hugos and five Nebulas for his fiction, one of two authors to win a Nebula in every category, Bear has been called the ‘Best working writer of hard science fiction’ by ‘The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Science Fiction’.

The Halo Forerunner: Book 1: Cryptum novel is available in a paperback edition from today, with a recommended retail price (RRP) of £7.99 GBP.
The title just rolls off you're tongue.

heckfu

Banned
I'll be on this afternoon around 4:30 (central) to try and knock out this challenge early. Seems to me that the weekly can be done in customs so it shouldn't take too long and with the right company, well boy, we can have ourselves a good ol' time.

Homeboyd

I'll be on this afternoon around 4:30 (central) to try and knock out this challenge early. Seems to me that the weekly can be done in customs so it shouldn't take too long and with the right company, well boy, we can have ourselves a good ol' time.

The IGN "1 mil points in 10 min." gametype is the best (fastest) option but doesn't do much for your Halo Honor. If you care about that...

About 10-12 min and you and a buddy will knock out the weekly.

Press Play

Sing:
Letters roasting all the posts by Fyre,
heckfu drinking to his foes,
Playlist rants saying "Juices for hire",
And folks pissed off their Xbox froze.

Everybody knows a Banshee and a Missile Pod,
Help to make the Halo bright.
Tiny tots with their guests in the squad,
Will find it hard to dong tonight.

They know that Frankie's on his way;
He's loaded lots of guns in Warthogs just to slay.
And even Ghaleon is going to strain,
To see if Tashi really knows how to blain.

And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
Bad kids from Dax to Louis Wu,
Although its been said many times, many ways,
Merry GAF-mas to you.

Stuff like that should be ban worthy, if you're going to post it, own up to your ridiculousness.
Spanish Inquisition much? Guy should be free to express his opinion and you may agree or disagree.

If it's such a great deal for you there's an "ignore list" for a reason.

feel

Spanish Inquisition much? Guy should be free to express his opinion and you may agree or disagree.

If it's such a great deal for you there's an "ignore list" for a reason.
he meant the deletion of past posts

RIP flameshirt post, your 15min of existence were glorious

lmao duncan

MrBig

Stuff like that should be ban worthy, if you're going to post it, own up to your ridiculousness.

He's already been perma-juniored. Wouldn't take much more to get a ban.
Editing out your posts is not going to retract anything that was said, and is worse than saying anything of harm, in my eyes at least.

Ramirez

Dunno bro, did he insult you or something?

No he didn't insult me, his posts provide the lulz and make me shake my head every time I read them. He acts as if he knows 343's plans down to a tee, and has been called out for being wrong countless times, makes an ass of himself last night and then tries to cover it up.

All I can say is that I dislike what FyreWulff did. "Deleting" all his post isn't something you should do if you get critics. (Otherwise I haven't followed the whole topic.)

FyreWulff

He acts as if he knows 343's plans down to a tee

Nope.

and then tries to cover it up.

Nah, I decided that since you and Nutter didn't want me around anymore, and that somebody took a throwaway comment based off the old "if __ happens I'll buy ____" thing that has been done hundreds of times before, quoted it off an entire post I made, and decidedly to take it deadly serious for some reason, I'd do you a favor and pull my recent posts that irritate you so much and leave. They've already been quoted, how the hell would that cover it up.

Since I pretty much didn't want to keep it going over something not worth it, making my recent posts easier to scroll past seemed like the best way to move things on. I'm not really interested in fighting over quoted-off-context sections of my posts anymore.

Cool.

reFo4l.jpg

I'm getting back into it by using this concept by Mike Hill as inspiration for my version of an updated MK VI armor with a fair few changes done by me on par with the depth changes from halo 2 to halo 3 and applying more functionality to details in the model. My last final is today and I'm taking a semester off to refine my portfolio and submit an application or two.

I have a new computer on the way just to handle the amount of detail I intend to put into this model, texture it, rig it, and put it into an environment I'm planning out, then I'm going to rip that detail onto a low poly game model and preserve as much detail as possible with some texture tricks I have up my sleeve.

Top Bottom