• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Hahahaha

Keikaku, I will take you under my wing. You have any questions or concerns, let me know. Also, learn the maps. Also, I hope you like MLG :)

Keikaku

Hahahaha

Keikaku, I will take you under my wing. You have any questions or concerns, let me know. Also, learn the maps. Also, I hope you like MLG :)
Thanks man. Which of the map packs do I need to buy? All of them?

I also just realized that I need to buy the game again since my roommate moved out and took his copy with him.

EDIT: Seriously, who were those 2 teens in the TinyChat? Had to happen the first night I go on o_O

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks man. Which of the map packs do I need to buy? All of them?

I also just realized that I need to buy the game again since my roommate moved out and took his copy with him.

EDIT: Seriously, who were those 2 teens in the TinyChat o_O
I mean, buy the maps if you feel like you'll be putting a lot of time in. Anniversary maps are definitely the best.

And yea those girls were dumb shits. Parents should fuckin keep an eye.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A new serial article feature has gone live on Forward Unto Dawn.

Written by guest writer Michael Carollo, Hindsight: ODST takes a tour of each level of Halo 3: ODST and looks at the encounters, the easter eggs and the joys of being the Rookie on the streets of New Mombasa. The first outing takes us from the Drop Pod to Tayari Plaza and promises to return regularly, updating a level at a time.

There are four sections up; Introduction, Prepare to Drop, Mombasa Streets and Teyari Plaza. Updates will be coming soon and regularly.

Hindsight: ODST

Hope you guys enjoy the read!

darthbob

I got matched against those guys on the last day before H2 shut down.

Kicked my ass.

cheaters

No but really, some of those guys are REALLY good.

Yeah, seriously.

I was playing on Sword Base and was spamming with the Plasma Launcher, but alas Armor Lock on the entire enemy team made that method pretty ineffective.

MrBig

Anyone else not able to connect to live? Connection to the live portion of the diagnostic test fails, and says there is a "service alert" under accounts, but everything else is listed as "up". It's able to connect to live then to get this data, but I can't sign in.

Karl2177

A new serial article feature has gone live on Forward Unto Dawn.

There are four sections up; Introduction, Prepare to Drop, Mombasa Streets and Teyari Plaza. Updates will be coming soon and regularly.

Hindsight: ODST

Hope you guys enjoy the read!

So far a good read. I want to know how you(err, Michael) will be approaching the Mombasa Streets section, because it is a hub/spoke game. I've been meaning to do something like this for a while, and it looks like it'll be put on hold for a while with classes starting on Monday.

Anyone else not able to connect to live? Connection to the live portion of the diagnostic test fails, and says there is a "service alert" under accounts, but everything else is listed as "up". It's able to connect to live then to get this data, but I can't sign in.

I had this problem yesterday, restaring my router got me onto live but my connection to live seemed fuzzy. At first even thought I was on live, I couldnt connect to the Reach server's. Restarting again solved that but matchmaking was pretty slow.

ODST was a fantastic game, but reading through the article im reminded why I cant really bring myself to replay it.

You’ll be wasting a lot of ammo if you’re trying to take out a Brute’s shields with just the pistol. If you want to be efficient in combat and conserve your ammo, you have to use everything on hand interchangeably and apply each weapon’s strengths more precisely. Use the silenced SMG to take down the Brute’s shields, then go for the headshot with the pistol. No weapon in ODST is dominating and useful in all situations like the BR in Halo 2 and 3, and the pistol in Halo 1. (Arguably the Carbine, yes, but that’s kept in check with sparse ammo).

I found that style of combat just a little dull, its the same with most Halo games on Legendary actually. Plasma Pistoling and then headshotting for me just doesn't hit the spot. I think I prefer heroic on most Halo games where guns like the Pistol/ Br are more versatile. Infact scratch that all weapons are more versatile and your able to approach the Covenant in any way you see fit.

I cant exactly explain it, with ODST I found that because each weapon was less versatile that I felt I had to have a specific combo rather than just use the weapons which I find more fun to use. Plasma Pistolling/ Rifling to strip shields might make it so that more weapons are used, but is it really fun? For me it actually makes the gameplay a LOT more repetitive and means your less free to experiment within the gameplay itself.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Is it weird that I still haven't played ODST? It's still 30-40$ here, so I likely never will.

Rent it? You could easily run through the campaign within a rental period and then some. Maybe try out the original, and in some ways superior, Firefire?

It's definitely worth your time.

Hey You

Didn't we see more of Reach than we have for 4 so far, this time in 2010?

Bungie > 343i in terms of releasing info about their games

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger

If Bungie was still making Halo, we'd be getting Halo 4 next year not this year, and the game wouldn't even be officially announced yet. =P

Well, Halo 4 is probably coming out around November/December if the holidays tag is still correct, so that's 2 months later than Reach. We got our first real Reach info around January 2010, so I guess the first Halo 4 info will come around February/March if 343 is doing the same pattern as Bungie.

Hey You

Well, Halo 4 is probably coming out around November/December if the holidays tag is still correct, so that's 2 months later than Reach. We got our first real Reach info around January 2010, so I guess the first Halo 4 info will come around February/March if 343 is doing the same pattern as Bungie.
Ah okay, I couldn't remember when we got some solid info/footage of Reach.

I guess the next couple of months we will see how 343 handles things for their future games.

If Bungie was still making Halo, we'd be getting Halo 4 next year not this year, and the game wouldn't even be officially announced yet. =P
I know.

http://secondapps.com/neogaf/showthread.php?t=458098
halo 4 vs bungie. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, CHOOSE NOW!!

people not on their cellphones, look at the first or second page of Gaming Discussion for the thread.
Why should I bother to post in a topic about two games where we have no real information?

All I can say that I'll get a sequel from my favorite franchise by talented guys and a new IP by one of my favorite studios.

feel

Why should I bother to post in a topic about two games where we have no real information?

All I can say that I'll get a sequel from my favorite franchise by talented guys and a new IP by one of my favorite studios.

That's the point.

It's just "Halo 4" vs "bungie's next game". It's about which of those two concepts excites you more right now, not about which will be the best title in the end.

But I'll be asleep by then! You'll never get a hoodie procrastinating
I will never give up hope. Did people give up when the Covenant glassed Reach? Did people lose faith in Humanity after the Covenant landed on Earth? No they had hope. The Master Chief fought for us. So I won't give up because he showed me you can still win even against every odd. I'll have a hoodie. It will happen like the end of the Covenant / Human war. It will happen. :p

FyreWulff

According to Halo 3, there's 5,651 people online, 20 of which are in 7 on the 7th. Took me six minutes from search start -> game.

Dat lack of playlist consolidation

edit: for shits and giggles

Lone Wolves: 700
Team Slayer: 986
Team Doubles: 216
Team Snipers: 58
MLG: 76
Team SWAT: 48

Rumble Pit: 43
Social Slayer: 1630
Social Skirmish: 136
Action Sack: 6