• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach Reveal Thread - Matchmaking/Multiplayer Details Revealed

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sai-kun said:
Okay, I found something I don't like about the UI D: Everything seems to be like..tilted away from the "camera". It's kinda weird. I guess I could get used to it but I would rather have it flat like Halo 3 D:

If you look in one of the shots, you'll see like half of some words off to the left. Like "stoms". Either the guy capturing the screens didn't get the whole shot or the UI slides around instead of pull down menus like Halo 3. Maybe it'll be like the Xbox Dashboard where items come in from behind and out to the front. Nah mean?

Kibbles

Chinner said:
the map sword base makes me hopeful that reach has a proper map editor. nothing to really base this on apart from the poor map name and the fairly ugly preview pic.
:lol That would be cool though if they came out and said "Here are the beta maps, and here is an example map someone made in the new map editor! Try it yourself in September!"

On another note, I'm surprised there haven't been any Alpha leaks. Bungie must have posted a message at the start of the Alpha saying your head will be placed next to Ling Ling if you even attempt to leak anything. Good for Bungie and Microsoft, containing those leaks, bad for us eager to see Reach action. :p Hopefully we'll get some proper footage soon though...

So glad it will reward assists more now.

My KD ratio is barely 1.0 but I do usually get a large number of assists.

A friend of mine and I who play Halo a lot together have dubbed myself the 'fabric softener' :lol :lol :lol

I soften people up for someone to finish them off.:lol :lol

FourDoor

GhaleonEB said:
Did no one start a thread for the matchmaking articles?

Shhh!!! It's a secret to keep the trolls out of the convo for now. I like reading the positive and somewhat intellectual observations from HaloGAF as opposed to seeing someone complain how Reach matchmaking will suck and how <insert game here> is better. :lol

BTW: Nice work shacknews. I never heard of the site until today and now will more than likely read the other articles on the site too. :D

Popeck

Tyson Green said:
Our seasons are probably going to line-up with calendar months. For the September 2010, you're going for the best division you can by the end of that season.

September release confirmed! Firing mah neurons!

;)

LukeSmith

Tashi0106 said:
Great read. I really, like really hope that there's more to the ranking system than just K/D. I understand that Assists are taken into account but I feel they should have almost the same value as a kill. I see clearly now that players are ranked individually but damn, there's a chance it could go really wrong.

You'll be pleased. Book it.

Iknos

FourDoor said:
Shhh!!! It's a secret to keep the trolls out of the convo for now. I like reading the positive and somewhat intellectual observations from HaloGAF as opposed to seeing someone complain how Reach matchmaking will suck and how <insert game here> is better. :lol

:lol

I've noticed that some threads get their titles updated frequently based on the news coming out for it. Can't the same happen for this thread? It would help.

The matchmaking information sounds truly fantastic. It seems like it could be a complete revolution for online interfaces, and I can't applaud Bungie enough for going right back to the drawing board and really keeping the player experience in mind when designing everything. The UI is wonderful to look at, and it seems it's even more wonderful under the hood.

I never thought hearing about how a game's menus work would hype me for a game, but there you go. :lol

I believe I read that your Arena rank will be stored on your record each month (need to read over it again to make sure) and I'm sure that will mean a lot of people are going to keep playing because they don't want a low ranking being permanently recorded. It could make the mode very addictive if it sinks its teeth into you.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't think this Arena will stop the selling of accounts. People not only want 50's but they want high exp's. Some baseball cards go for a lot of money.

bobs99 ... said:
I prefer keeping it all lumped into one Halo mega thread, its pretty annoying having simultaneus converstions about an announcment. Im also with Eazy in that I would much rather discuss things with core HaloGaf than get pages of spam.

Then the thread should be renamed to something like...

The Official Halo Mega Thread of HaloGaf

DarkJC

bobs99 ... said:
I prefer keeping it all lumped into one Halo mega thread, its pretty annoying having simultaneus converstions about an announcment. Im also with Eazy in that I would much rather discuss things with core HaloGaf than get pages of spam.

This is exactly what got the GT5 megathread locked. Important news should be put in a new thread, for people who don't browse these megathreads.

Hey Urk/bleahy/whoever:

How are the 3 options determined? Are they the ones nobody played just prior? Or the ones played in the fewest matches for the last 3 matches by the players? I hope they're not just random and we don't see 1-flag on Valhalla 3 times in a row-like situations again :lol

Wow, does Sword Base remind anyone of Prisoner for Halo: CE? :D

Also, the new matchmaking details sound really nice! Bungle are masters of Matchmaking. Don't deny, foo.

bleahy

Neo Member
Tomorrow I'll be posting more interview type stuff about matchmaking and playlists.

I'll tease you with a little diddy... push-to-talk is GONE. open-mic supported across all gametypes and team sizes ;)

Spasm

bleahy said:
Tomorrow I'll be posting more interview type stuff about matchmaking and playlists.

I'll tease you with a little diddy... push-to-talk is GONE. open-mic supported across all gametypes and team sizes ;)
MEGATON!!!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bleahy said:

:O :O :O :O :O

:')

Striker

bleahy said:

About time. It was horrible unless you were a party together.

feel

bleahy said:
push-to-talk is GONE. open-mic supported across all gametypes and team sizes ;)
r29fkh.jpg

n4gms7.jpg

257dhn5.jpg

bleahy said:

AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNGIEEEEEEEEEE.

They need to slow down with the awesomeness or else I won't be able to play the Beta while in the hospital. :lol

Thermite

bleahy said:

F'YEAH! :D

Arena sounds really, really great. This is a great Idea, I'm really stoked to consistently finish in the lowest rank. :lol

I don't think it will determine sellers, but I do think it will prevent those people who just wanted to go up in rank.

Speaking of which, are we going to seee the true skill rank?

Falagard

bleahy said:

Sweet!

bleahy said:

Booyah!

bleahy said:

Woooooooooooooooo

Kibbles

-Yeti said:
Wow, does Sword Base remind anyone of Prisoner for Halo: CE? :D

Also, the new matchmaking details sound really nice! Bungle are masters of Matchmaking. Don't deny, foo.
Yup, as I said, Prisoner 5.0! :p Most games still have yet to catch up with Halo 3... hell, even Halo 2. Reach is going to be insane.

bleahy said:

Yessssss

bleahy said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is there at least an auto-mute everyone button, then?

Striker

InvincibleAgent said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is there at least an auto-mute everyone button, then?
I'm sure they kept the quick-mute option, and if you don't want to hear anybody, don't wear a mic or turn its volume all the way down.

Schmitty

Dax01 said:
Urk confirmed in Ghal's Shacknews MM thread that the background is animated.
I'd never thought I'd be taking a second look at menu screens. They are simply awesome and so much better than Halo 2/3

Striker said:
I'm sure they kept the quick-mute option,
Which I'll have to do for everyone, and will often not have time to do for everyone.
Striker said:
and if you don't want to hear anybody, don't wear a mic or turn its volume all the way down.
You want me to turn my tv's volume all the way down? Because it comes out the tv.

Striker

InvincibleAgent said:
Which I'll have to do for everyone, and will often not have time to do for everyone.
You want me to turn my tv's volume all the way down? Because it comes out the tv.
Uh, ok, then create a party. Be in by yourself, if you like that kind of thing.

Top Bottom