• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC listed on Amazon UK

The Steam registry listings for Halo 1-3 are roughly a few years old now. I doubt they'll be repurposed for the MCC -- Microsoft didn't use its inert Rise of Nations app to release the Extended Edition, for example.

Because of how the game is structured on the X1, I wouldn't be surprised if the MCC has one master app that contains a handful of launch options pertaining to the various games. I'd love separate library entries, but having a master app would be more efficient.

Yeah, I had actually forgotten there were several entries. The game seems to have a hub/platform approach (like Zen Pinball for example) so it would definitely be a single entry.
And a single grid picture. :(

I'm getting ahead of myself anyway since it's most likely nothing.

People are not going to rush out in droves to buy a new expensive console to play 4 games they probably already own. The diehard Halo fans should already own a One or are just waiting on Destiny instead which seems to have higher preorder numbers on PS4 anyway

Here's the fifth post from the MCC thread. I've seen posts like it all over:

You did it, Microsoft. You got me to buy an Xbone.

On the other hand they also need to take care of Halo IP. What better way to grow its value than something like this? Also Microsoft's game division isn't doing too great. Some short-term profits could certainly be useful.

They'd be irreparably hurting the brand by making their strongest exclusive IP no longer exclusive.

iNvid02

On the other hand they also need to take care of Halo IP. What better way to grow its value than something like this? Also Microsoft's game division isn't doing too great. Some short-term profits could certainly be useful.

microsoft has enough money to push through. doing something like this for some quick cash would cause some pretty severe damage to the xbone imo.

Cbajd5

QOR4xim.png

Totally confirmed by Caltrain.

Seik

Banned
Hah, if it actually comes out on PC, I won't absolutely have to buy an X1 when it'll launch.

I'm all for more money in my pockets!

Derpcrawler

Clicking on their name, the first result is a book titled The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You.

I'm trying to figure out if this a hint about HL3 or TLG.

Of course, there is no way it can't be true if so many people want it to be. I mean, "Microsoft Press" will probably include free copy of "The Universe Doesn't Give a Flying Fuck About You" with each and every PC Halo: MCC copy.

Sendou

microsoft has enough money to push through. doing something like this for some quick cash would cause some pretty severe damage to the xbone imo.

I don't know. In the end these are just old games. I think more valuable goal would be pulling in a gamer or two from ever increasing group of PC gamers to XBONE for Halo 5 and other Halo content.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'll buy it day 1 if it's released on PC. I don't even care that Microsoft will deny there is a PC version even when asked about it standing infront of someone playing it.

dammit I literally bought an XB1 just for this

Me too, but don't fret. Even if it does come to PC (which I highly doubt), it would not be for a very long time after the XO release. Besides, the XO version would have the bigger player base for matchmaking.

Sibylus

Banned
Frankie claimed that, at the time he denied CEA, it wasn't actually in the pipeline, but it's a moot point as also denied H2A right before it was announced and said that the Aussie retailer listing for the MCC was a mistake (again, right before it was announced). His word is meaningless when it comes to potential leaks, but it's understandable since he has a line to tow.
Yes. Not his job to blurt out games before they go public under a planned promotion.

Sephzilla

Why they'd release this on PC when they really want to sell XB1s is beyond me. However, good for the PC folk if it does get released on PC.

belmonkey

Assuming the game is coming to PC, I'd at least expect Destiny to come first, because probably less X1 sales are dependent on that game, whereas Halo would be a system-selling exclusive (at least for a while).

Orayn

Monado: The Beginning of the World was listed on Amazon until shortly before the NA release was confirmed. I want to believe as much as anyone, but don't get your hopes up.

Syf

Banned
That would be incredible, easy day one buy. Halo would be so damn nice to play on PC.

But, yeah, probably not actually happening.

Trago

If this is true, I suspect that they'll release this on the Windows Store and not on Steam. Maybe they'll launch this with Windows 9??

Sendou

Frankie claimed that, at the time he denied CEA, it wasn't actually in the pipeline, but it's a moot point as also denied H2A right before it was announced and said that the Aussie retailer listing for the MCC was a mistake (again, shortly before it was announced). His word is meaningless when it comes to potential leaks, but it's understandable since he has a line to tow.

Looking at how he views should make it pretty obvious too:

Breaking embargos is not prophesy. Nor does it require any particular skill or insight. Ultimately he is taking or being given information and leaking it, illegally and often erroneously.

And he isn't doing it for some noble or worthy reason. He's doing it for attention.

People, including nice people with kids and families and stuff, work super hard on this stuff and wake up in the morning to find some of their effort blown up.

It's not fun, and for what? So you can have a mildly interesting surprise 8 hours early and lacking context? Or get hyped or disappointed disproportionately?

Or get someone fired or someone innocent yelled at?

Ok. But it isn't prophecy, nor ultimately even important. It's annoying.

I kind of agree with him but then there's always the other side to the story.

Galava

Hope It's true that comes for PC. The sad part is that if it comes for PC maybe Microsoft forces us to use Windows 8 or 8.1 just to run the game(s).

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This is nothing but a mere placeholder and is confirmation of nothing. Amazon generates placeholders that appear after enough people have searched for a specific item.

All it shows that there is a demand and that people are searching for it.

If it had a price attached to it and some actual product information then there would be something were discussing.

I politely feel the MODs should lock this thread since it's very misleading.

Kazdane

I wanna believe it'll be on PC...

Me too. I only played Halo 1. Never played 2 as they did some questionable choices for the voice over in Spanish back then (which I don't mind now, funnily enough) and never got anywhere close to Halo 3 and 4, despite loving the setting of the 1st.

Trago

Hope It's true that comes for PC. The sad part is that if it comes for PC maybe Microsoft forces us to use Windows 8 or 8.1 just to run the game(s).

That's what I'm afraid of. They're already doing this with Project Spark. Thing is, this would totally make me upgrade to Windows 8.1 lol.

They have to sell consoles, not just games.

And no I don't believe most Halo fans own a XB1 already.

They don't have to, they have a business around pcs. That business may prefer that Microsoft games studios doesn't pass up money to try to get the Xbox one to be a seller. They also prefer that Xbox not use exclusive TV shows to try to push consoles.

Maybe it's better to let the console live or die on its own merits, and not pass up money in the interim.

Schmitty

Can we all stop treating retailers as having secret info when a game gets posted? It's always a mistake.

This is nothing but a mere placeholder and is confirmation of nothing. Amazon generates placeholders that appear after enough people have searched for a specific item.

All it shows that there is a demand and that people are searching for it.

If it had a price attached to it and some actual product information then there would be something were discussing.

I politely feel the MODs should lock this thread since it's very misleading.
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

JB2448

See, I'd be the first person screaming this from the damn mountaintop if this were a 100% confirmation, but there's also a listing for Sunset Overdrive Day 1 Edition with the exact same specs (down to the CD-ROM format). I'm willing to bet these are both listing errors.

Top Bottom