• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Update:

11.17 8:00PM Update

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience

9280886287_19d6cf3596_o.gif

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Update:

11.17 8:00PM Update

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience
By9w9Lp.gif

bchamba

I played 8 matches online in a 2 hour period splitscreen last night. I find when no games have been found after searching for 3 minutes that going to the dashboard and quitting the MCC game usually gets me in a match again very quickly when i open it again.

It also helps to stay in the post game lobby after a game ends so you get thrown into another game with the same people immediately. Biggest issue I ran into last night was people voting for halo 3 and for smg starts.

iso135

I am jealous of those of you that are not having single player issues.

I (like many others) have had a lot of trouble finding matches in MP, however, that wouldn't bother me all that much if I could play single player.

I beat Pillar of Autumn on heroic (thankfully not legendary) and got to the final cutscene when the game basically crashed to xbox home screen. I opened it back up to no achievement or credit for completing the mission. Since then I have completed the first three missions, but I also experienced another crash.

Neither SP or MP is working all that well for me.

Gandie

Inexcusable to delay the update. Like seriously, why even bother to declare Wednesday as patch day only to come out a day before it's supposed to hit basically saying: "We're not saying what went wrong but keep on waiting suckers."

What a massive disappointment this whole release was and still continues to be.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, that's what I resorted to. I like the enhanced in some areas, but you're right about it being overly bright
/QUOTE]

While I agree the graphics are overly bright in places, ruining some of the atmosphere… I think it's also fair to point out CE is so dark in places to be well nigh unplayable. You can argue that's part of the design, since you've got a flashlight, but huge chunks of the levels are incredibly low contrast and the flashlight (assuming you don't wear down the battery) doesn't help—The Library, Two Betrayals, and Keyes. It was never fun getting killed by the Flood with the rocket launcher you couldn't actually see. Saber really should have split the difference between what we got and what they had, personally.

Kssio_Aug

I am jealous of those of you that are not having single player issues.

I (like many others) have had a lot of trouble finding matches in MP, however, that wouldn't bother me all that much if I could play single player.

I beat Pillar of Autumn on heroic (thankfully not legendary) and got to the final cutscene when the game basically crashed to xbox home screen. I opened it back up to no achievement or credit for completing the mission. Since then I have completed the first three missions, but I also experienced another crash.

Neither SP or MP is working all that well for me.

The game crahsed for me just after I beat the Halo CE campaing and it returned to the main menu. But it never crashed during the gameplay or in any transition between a mission to another, or between cutscenes.

My buzz on this game has been totally killed at this point. If MP was fully functional at launch I would have logged countless hours into all of the MPs, but now with FC4 and DA:I having dropped I don't feel much desire to go back to this game until its totally fixed.

The campaigns, at least the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign, doesn't even save checkpoints, I've had to totally restart a few levels. Playing the campaigns isn't even fully functional.

I guess I'll come back to this once the patches are out, but honestly I'm not sure. We will have Halo 5 beta in December, and all of the November games to play. Sigh.

Yooooo still!? I got this on launch day and haven't even popped it in since I heard about all the problems, and I have other games to play. But, I keep checking in this thread to see if it's running as it should yet. This is fucking shameful.

Almost makes me want to get rid of the game.

Was so excited for it, but this launch has really put a bad taste in my mouth. Pretty sure this is a case of just wanting to get it out for the holiday season instead of actually putting in the time to ensure that it would be functional for launch. Absolutely inexcusable.

Enordash

My buzz on this game has been totally killed at this point. If MP was fully functional at launch I would have logged countless hours into all of the MPs, but now with FC4 and DA:I having dropped I don't feel much desire to go back to this game until its totally fixed.

The campaigns, at least the Halo 2 Anniversary campaign, doesn't even save checkpoints, I've had to totally restart a few levels. Playing the campaigns isn't even fully functional.

I guess I'll come back to this once the patches are out, but honestly I'm not sure. We will have Halo 5 beta in December, and all of the November games to play. Sigh.

I feel you on this. I was all ready for Halo to be the go to game for me and my friends. I was super hyped up to have all-day marathons like the old days. Now everyone is swearing off the game until it's completely fixed. If that happens soon (looking amazingly unlikely at this point) it won't be a big deal. I'm afraid that friends will just move on entirely here soon. Maybe Christmas will see a resurgence of people.

I still have issues joining games. Every now and again it works but most of the time it just searches for games and nothing happens. I know there is a patch coming out but damn is this frustrating.

Ultimen

Banned
I don't think this product will inspire a lot of consumer confidence for future Halo projects by 343i. What boggles my mind is how could they have possibly let this happen? Most of their promises have been broken. The UI is cluttered (I miss the separate and original UIs from the older games), the games are riddled with glitches, and the multi-player is barely functional. Say what you will about Bungie, but their Halo games always arrived polished (barring some bits of H2) and functional.

I don't think this product will inspire a lot of consumer confidence for future Halo projects by 343i. What boggles my mind is how could they have possibly let this happen? Most of their promises have been broken. The UI is cluttered (I miss the separate and original UIs from the older games), the games are riddled with glitches, and the multi-player is barely functional. Say what you will about Bungie, but their Halo games always arrived polished (barring some bits of H2) and functional.

The UI feels like a mix of halo 4's "card" looking UI (Which i liked!) and earlier halo's more box/line UI (which I liked!) smashed together (which doesn't look good!).

Its a shame cause it honestly does feel like they are doing all the right things with 5. Return to competitive, hiring a pro team just for testing, esports push, beta a full year from release, etc.

Kssio_Aug

I did not have an X360, but Halo 4 arrived pretty solid, doesnt it?

Anyway... I'll give them credits until the next patch this week (hopefully). Thats a very ambitious project, and maybe they had to rush for time schedule... Also that was involving many other companies. However, the next patch is my limit to see the matchmaking problem fixed.

Iceman829

I have a question about the Halo 2 campaign. When playing on Legendary Co-op with no skulls active if one person dies it returns us to the checkpoint. Is this correct? When reading the Iron Skull it says a death in co-op returns you to the checkpoint, but the skull is not turned on. I honestly can't remember what difficulties I played the original campaign on back in the day, but I don't remember going back to the checkpoint every time 1 person died.

Also, they need an option to adjust in-game sound/music. The remastered soundtrack for H2A might be amazing, but I can't hear my shield has been depleted because of the guitar or brass playing so loud. I have to revert to playing in classic mode, so the music doesn't consume every other sound effect in the game.

Wait.

They said the patch was done and submitted to microsoft.

Now they are saying the patch is delayed to allow for more fixes?

Uhhh. Sounds a lot more like it failed certification and they rolled in more fixes when they were forced to resubmit. Why else would they say the patch was submitted already? Why would they call MS and say "Hey that patch we submitted? Don't apply it, we wanna add more fixes instead of just doing two patches".

Unless thats like a common practice I'm missing?

Yeah I agree. Patch being delayed means something went wrong. Either it failed cert or it just plain didnt fix shit like they hoped.

The community for this will be dead by the time the patches come out.

Irreversible damage done to the population.

Just add another week to an already dead community. No big deal 343

At this rate, by the time it's fixed, Halo Reach is going to have a higher online population.

tumblr_m7vsk4jwsB1r4h8q9.gif

OT title should change to "Halo still MIA" already.

Yeah was thinking this last week.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The single player is definitely not working great. It's crashed on me, skipped entire levels, terminals not functioning properly, frame rate is garbage in Halo: CE in many places, especially the warthog. This collection needed way more time.

I just finished CE on Legendary and after completing the 5th mission I saved and quite. Next day or two days later I resume the mission and it says I have completed 343 Guilty spark on Legendary. Didn't even play it. It launches me into the library when I hit resume. I also have not had an achievement pop for the last 5 completions, or my counter for the Legendary achievement move up from 5/40. Should now read 10/40. I went back and tried some missions on Easy and they still didn't pop for completion. Title screen shows 10/10 and legendary completed, but not in the achievement tracking. Really a bummer. Terminals have been okay for me, but not all those achievements have popped either. Haven't noticed frame rate issues, but I can't see the difference between 30/60 so I am the wrong person to ask on that one.

E92 M3

The problem is that 343i didn't work directly on this project but outsourced many aspects, while putting their name on the box still.

That's for sure. I've bought every Halo game on launch day (after CE, including the piece of jank that MCC is now), and I can tell you I won't be buying Halo 5 until it's confirmed that it works and isn't broken.

Bgamer90

Banned
Inexcusable to delay the update. Like seriously, why even bother to declare Wednesday as patch day only to come out a day before it's supposed to hit basically saying: "We're not saying what went wrong but keep on waiting suckers."

Because there may have been more issues that popped up that they need to fix? Or should they have still released the patch anyway? I could understand if they said the patch is delayed a month or even a week but just a few days? Just a few days = treating their consumers as suckers even though the patch will more than likely be better off for it?

Enordash

I did not have an X360, but Halo 4 arrived pretty solid, doesnt it?

I remember immediately getting on and playing games with Halo 4. I think that people had certain problems with how the game played, but I don't remember insane matchmaking issues and bugs/crashes.

Cider X

Grouping with friends is impossible and beyond buggy, achievements are glitched, terminals are glitched, online co-op campaigns are laggy, matchmaking doesn't work, game crashes to dashboard quite often, roster function is broken.

That's it for me, I'm out. I bought this digitally, how do I go about getting a refund for this?

Grouping with friends is impossible and beyond buggy, achievements are glitched, terminals are glitched, online co-op campaigns are laggy, matchmaking doesn't work, game crashes to dashboard quite often, roster function is broken.

That's it for me, I'm out. I bought this digitally, how do I go about getting a refund for this?

Call MS. Explain the situation. They should refund you no problem.

Kssio_Aug

Honestly, I prefer a couple of days of a delay that actually fix the problem, than get it now and see that matchmaking is still broken... that would just torn appart any hope that I have for a fix.

That said, they better fix it. Thats a lot more important then some days of delay... Fix the issue is extremely necessary.

HiiiLife

I figured some of y'all here snagged one of the big games today. Did y'all manage to pick em up at 12 EST?

If so I'm wondering if this is some new policy retailers are doing now.

DeMeester

I have a question about the Halo 2 campaign. When playing on Legendary Co-op with no skulls active if one person dies it returns us to the checkpoint. Is this correct? When reading the Iron Skull it says a death in co-op returns you to the checkpoint, but the skull is not turned on. I honestly can't remember what difficulties I played the original campaign on back in the day, but I don't remember going back to the checkpoint every time 1 person died.

Also, they need an option to adjust in-game sound/music. The remastered soundtrack for H2A might be amazing, but I can't hear my shield has been depleted because of the guitar or brass playing so loud. I have to revert to playing in classic mode, so the music doesn't consume every other sound effect in the game.

That's the default behaviour of the Halo 2 campaign on legendary. It would be nice if they had a skull that disabled this for Halo 2. At least it would be a lot better for people trying to play with less skilled players on the legendary difficulty :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom