• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo The Master Chief Collection |OT| Halo Never Died, It Was Just Missing In Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

npa189

Why is bloodline never up to vote on in H2A? Does 343 share bungie's aversion in actually letting the people play what they want? Just like it was 10 years ago its a special treat to get a game of blood gulch CTF over Live.

RdN

That's exactly how I feel. There is just something off about H3, I still enjoy it, but it's definitely my least favorite of the bunch. I'd even go as far to say I enjoyed Reach more than H3.

I feel like H3 excels more in big team battle scenarios or custom games for fun instead of the more serious competitive gamemodes

Skullface

Holding the trigger makes it a lot more inaccurate, though.

Right you are, but for close quarters it's the way to go. If you're shooting across the map, not so much. I'm just amazed I never knew that. I think that the only fps games I had played at the time were Doom and Goldeneye, so I figured the basic idea of 1 trigger pull=1 shot was universal. I never even thought to keep the trigger pulled.

I know its very anecdotal, but it seems like 90% of the time I'm playing warlock or zenith. I'd kill for some lockout once in a while too. I do get Zanzibar quite often though.

I think Warlock/Warlord sucks in matchmaking unless its H2A rumble pit, it was not a map designed for 4v4 let alone 5v5

No contest.

If H2A had more maps, it would be my most played portion of Multi.

Yup, im hoping there way I'd paying back players is remastering more maps.

H2A feels and plays so so good, I can't figure it out but whenever I end up in a H3 match it just doesn't feel near as fun and I can't figure out why. I played a lot of both games at launch but i never got into Halo 3 as much as I got into Halo 2 so maybe nostalgia.

Also I love lockout but why is that seemingly 2 out of every 3 options in the H2A Playlist?

npa189

I think Warlock/Warlord sucks in matchmaking unless its H2A rumble pit, it was not a map designed for 4v4 let alone 5v5

My thoughts exactly, it has never worked for team slayer. CTF can be fun but that is a rumble pit map to me, speaking of which why isn't midship a H2A map?

Is anybody bothered by the way 343 has changed the sound of the energy sword? It sounds so lame now, theres no longer that awesome noise it made when you equipped it. Its like if they changed the sound of the lightsaber, everyone would be pissed. I guess its just me.

No, we're not. Read the thread.

We're getting there, but still a good amount of miles until it's fixed.

I think we're at the point where it's good enough. Good enough won't cut it for a lot of people but since I'm having so much fun with this I don't mind waiting an extra minute or two and deal with the odd crash to play it.

I feel like H3 excels more in big team battle scenarios or custom games for fun instead of the more serious competitive gamemodes

When it comes to BTB, Reach is the clear winner for me. Reach had a lot of problems, but BTB wasn't one of them. Invasion alone made it amazing.

On the subject of H3, I do agree the competitive aspect of it was weak. I didn't like the ranking system at all, it was extremely flawed.

RdN

I think we're at the point where it's good enough. Good enough won't cut it for a lot of people but since I'm having so much fun with this I don't mind waiting an extra minute or two and deal with the odd crash to play it.

That's the thing.. If it really were "good enough" for every player, it'd be mostly fine.

But the experience is very different for each player. We have some getting matches fast, we have others having to wait 10 minutes to find a match and then we still have some that aren't able to find a match.

Couple that with all the single player bugs still not addressed, the weird crashes and very bad lag from the bad netcode and lack of promised dedicated servers, and I think it's absolutely not "good enough".

Yup, im hoping there way I'd paying back players is remastering more maps.

H2A feels and plays so so good, I can't figure it out but whenever I end up in a H3 match it just doesn't feel near as fun and I can't figure out why. I played a lot of both games at launch but i never got into Halo 3 as much as I got into Halo 2 so maybe nostalgia.

Also I love lockout but why is that seemingly 2 out of every 3 options in the H2A Playlist?

Halo 2 weapons are actually fun to use.

When it comes to BTB, Reach is the clear winner for me. Reach had a lot of problems, but BTB wasn't one of them. Invasion alone made it amazing.

On the subject of H3, I do agree the competitive aspect of it was weak. I didn't like the ranking system at all, it was extremely flawed.

Reach is actually my least favorite multiplayer game of the series. Invasion though was fantastic. Firefight, while not as good as ODST, was still worth playing too.

Izayoi

Banned
H2A is awesome when you are alone, but it is fucking garbage on split screen. When are you going to fix this, 343?

I immediately back out if H2A is voted for when I'm split screen, it is completely unplayable.

Izayoi

Banned
Is anybody bothered by the way 343 has changed the sound of the energy sword? It sounds so lame now, theres no longer that awesome noise it made when you equipped it. Its like if they changed the sound of the lightsaber, everyone would be pissed. I guess its just me.
It's not just you. A lot of the sounds in H2A suck, to be frank. Some changes are good (SMG IMO), but others are horrible (Rockets, Sword, all vehicle noises, and most importantly, the BR).

Skullface

Yeah your probably right. The battle rifle feels off in H3 compared to 2A and some of the new weapons and equipment they added in 3 are lame. The bubble shield and radar scrambler can go to hell and those brute magnums are shit.

Brute magnums are just as good as a shotgun 0.0 You can also dual wield... So what about them is shit? Or do you mean they're over powered?

/confusion

Impala26

Brute magnums are just as good as a shotgun 0.0 You can also dual wield... So what about them is shit? Or do you mean they're over powered?

/confusion

Yeah, I'm confused as well. Dual Maulers could absolutely WRECK people in CQB. They also share the name of one of Perfect Dark's greatest weapons, so... they're kinda "win" in my book.

:-D

Skullface

Yeah, I'm confused as well. Dual Maulers could absolutely WRECK people in CQB. They also share the name of one of Perfect Dark's greatest weapons, so... they're kinda "win" in my book.

:-D

Maybe he meant the spikers, or what ever this other brute pistols are. That's the only thing I can justify. Or maybe he never gave them a try? But seriously, if they're anything, they're over powered.

Just wanted to jump in here to see if anyone else has been having this issue or has heard about it.

When the update prior to the most recent one went out, I could not launch MCC for a good while. It said it was updating 99% then eventually 100%. It did let me launch it eventually but then when I tried to play it indicated that Halo 2, 3 & the MP all needed to be installed still. Bit of a shock, since I had already installed the game twice (second time cause my install got corrupted from a previous patch). It then appeared to be downloading the rest of the game (I'm running from disc, so even more disconcerting). When it finished this I was able to play the game without issue.

Now this most recent update has come out, again it is stuck at 100% updating but now I can't launch it and it has already downloaded over 3GB (don't think that'd be the patch?).

If anyone has heard of issues like this, any advice would be helpful. If it ends up that I need to reinstall the bloody thing again, I'm just gonna give up on it for a good while.

Sephzilla

Count me as another member of the H2A camp. Pending a fix for some of the melee issues, it's by far the most solid multiplayer in the game. It's got a nice colorful feel to it like CE has. It has the tightness of Halo 2. It doesnt have any of the "sawft" weapon sounds like Halo 3 had. It's not Halo 4.

H2A multiplayer desperately needs more maps after MCC is fixed up. That multplayer is way too good to be wasted with only a 6 map package (two of which are overrated Halo 2 maps).

Celestia

I'm not finding any games at all now. Over 10 minutes in the H2C hopper, so I switched over to H3 and 20 minutes later, nothing.

Also I agree, H2A needs more maps. Six just isn't enough and some maps like Waterworks are just begging to be remade.

Seventy70

H2A is also my favorite. I was really hating on it when the game first came out, but it really grew on me. Maybe it's because the snipers are messed up in H2C. The only map that I don't like is the remade Lockout. I always lose on that one for some reason.

Skullface

Aside from new additions like the assault rifle, gungoose, and suppressed SMG, what is so different that it makes you dislike it?

H2A is my favorite mode to play in.

Slight physics differences, grenade indicators, motion sensor tells you if someone is above or below you. Like I said, I love it, but it's too different for me to enjoy it on the same level that I enjoy Halo 2C. I do love that smug, evil ass sounding announcer though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that gaddam HUD

Sephzilla

I actually agree (preliminarily, since I haven't gotten to play on it much), which only salts my wound.

It really works well in my opinion. It feels like there's more cover and the hills feel slightly bigger than I remember, so snipers wont be the all seeing eyes of Sauron on every map and players can navigate around the map a little more without the risk of being shot at constantly. At the same time its still open enough to the point where a legit good sniper is going to dominate as per how the map is kind of intended to play. The EMPs at the bases I think are a smart move as well considering most Gulch games are pretty heavily vehicle oriented. They also seemed to add a few more areas where you can jump up onto the cliff sides faster as well for accessibility. Bloodline is pretty smartly designed I think.

huh.

legit thanks there. one of those mistakes i never knew i was making

Sai

Gonna try going through Shutdown again. I thought that when this happened back on the mission Infinity, I presumed it glitched because I may have saved & quit at one point. That's apparently not the case.
Did it to me again on Composer. I'm not as perturbed because I actually like the mission, but I would be if I had to do the same with Midnight.

Glitch seems random. I didn't have any problems with this on Reclaimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom