• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Wars: Definitive Edition |OT| The Best Marketing This Game Will Get

Brakara

Like I said, I know perfectly well what I was signing up for. I just can't comprehend why a digital piece of software which is already out in the open is not available instantly for those who buy it, especially since it never went this way in any other game ever.

Oh, I agree it's stupid, but I'm just saying you shouldn't keep checking your messages all the time.

UraMallas

Can people who already have Halo Wars on One download it on PC yet? It doesn't give me an option the the store page.

EDIT: Haha. Nvm. I'll see myself out.

Werd

From Ske7ch on Reddit, update next week with..
- Progression system
- Removal of pause in public games
- Actual resolution options
- Various other bugs/networking fixes

Another update planned for March with leader boards and PC text chat.

So sounds like it's sticking to the server browser but at least it's getting fixed up a decent amount.

Saiyan-Rox

I take it the in game scenes jank is normal? Like when the game characters are talking and I'm not controlling the game the whole thing is very hanky until I can actually play then it's a solid 60fps

PC version

Fuchsdh

From Ske7ch on Reddit, update next week with..
- Progression system
- Removal of pause in public games
- Actual resolution options
- Various other bugs/networking fixes

Another update planned for March with leader boards and PC text chat.

So sounds like it's sticking to the server browser but at least it's getting fixed up a decent amount.

Well, that explains why they threw on the "early access" bit. With that said I've almost completed it and had no issues.

I take it the in game scenes jank is normal? Like when the game characters are talking and I'm not controlling the game the whole thing is very hanky until I can actually play then it's a solid 60fps

PC version

I believe that's some lingering issues with the original game engine, just like how even in MCC with 60fps campaign stuff that was keyframed at 30 looks a bit janky.

In Campaign, building an army of Hornets as fast as you can gets you through pretty much everything. In MP yeah, you need to have some reserves to recover after combat.

I tried that for Shield World, big mistake. Let's just say I crashed and burned. I did it on my third try with ground vehicles.

Very impressed with the game so far and the only oddity I have found is the difficulty seems to always be on normal even when I put it on easy. Other than that running super smooth and they did a great job with the visuals.

Top Bottom