• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy 20th Anniversary, Final Fantasy!

Dark Fact

FFVI was definitely my favorite, closely followed by FFIV, but funny enough, for me, I really ended up liking FFIX a lot more than I thought I would since it was intentionally mimicing the styles of the SNES era FF games.

I have also really loved FFXII for its attention to detail, in depth story and characters, far exceeding most other FF games, aside from Tactics of course, since they are so closely related :)

What I would really like them to do, now that they put out FFIII (finally) on the DS, is to either release a proper old school remake of it for either the GBA or PSP, or both in their respective qualities. Otherwise it will still remain the only traditional FF to never be released in the US. Sure FFIII for DS IS the game, but really it isn't, just like FFIV for DS won't be FFIV, it will be some new take on the game, as FFIII was.

Cheesemeister said:
I endorse this post. Now that the FF7CC team is done with the PSP game, they should be moving on to the yet-unannounced PS3 remake. I don't know this for a fact, mind you.

Wada should do the right thing and make it a very JollyCorner Christmas next week.

Flakster99

Cheesemeister said:
I endorse this post. Now that the FF7CC team is done with the PSP game, they should be moving on to the yet-unannounced PS3 remake. I don't know this for a fact, mind you.

I'm hearing through the grape vine said team are embarking on a FFVIII remake. Good times ahead! ;)

Diablos

6s86w4o.jpg

6yl5wdw.jpg

:bow

Nameless said:
Great thread. My favorite game series easily(well not easily, Chrono is right up there). This time of year especially I'm always dying for a new FF game--I feel so empty right now.

I have a hard time picking my favorite. FFXII had my favorite battle system, FFVII had my favorite characters, FFX had my favorite FF world(Spira was amazing), FFIX had my favorite atmosphere, FFVIII had my favorite leveling/customization system, FFV had one of my favorite twist, and FFVI was probably my favorite experience.

Small Rant:

Why can't people express they love for FFVII without making some sort of concession or without a "yeah but". Its a masterpiece of a game that gets hated only now because it took the genre into the mainstream. Every time I go through the game I love every second of it.

It doesn't deserve to have more hype and admiration than other chapters like Final Fantasy 6 which were superior in the opinions of people like me. It's the equivalent of Metallica's self-titled '91 "black album". Great, but relatively watered down compared to its best predecessors.

Top Bottom