• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy National Hot Dog Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Fuck Batman; Hot Dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_dog_day

nhr-l-0303jordans-georgia-hots-ml.jpg

#teammustard

I don't know why but I love the 1st hotdog I eat, I've never had a bad hotdog. But if I eat more than one I get a sick feeling.

zma1013

When I was a kid, I went to this local hot dog place and asked for a hotdog with just ketchup. The man put a hotdog on a bun gave it to me, reach under the counter and got a ketchup packet and threw the ketchup packet on the floor and said, "Here's your damn ketchup!" You see, he does not believe that ketchup goes on a hotdog. "Nobody, but Nobody Put Ketchup on a Hotdog" a sign in his store reads. I still remember it to this day, it was awesome. He doesn't even have ketchup in the place anymore, he serves them plain or with sauce, that's it. Sorta like the Soup Nazi I suppose but that and his sauce are part of the charm.

Tarkus

Nathan's dog, toasted bun, diced jalapeños, diced sautéed onions, sweet relish on top with a strip of yellow mustard, and an ice cold beer = heaven

Seik

Banned
Welp, I didn't know!

I shall celebrate this, tonight! I was wondering what to eat anyway so I'm set! :p

Faiz

When I was a kid, I went to this local hot dog place and asked for a hotdog with just ketchup. The man put a hotdog on a bun gave it to me, reach under the counter and got a ketchup packet and threw the ketchup packet on the floor and said, "Here's your damn ketchup!" You see, he does not believe that ketchup goes on a hotdog. "Nobody, but Nobody Put Ketchup on a Hotdog" a sign in his store reads. I still remember it to this day, it was awesome. He doesn't even have ketchup in the place anymore, he serves them plain or with sauce, that's it. Sorta like the Soup Nazi I suppose but that and his sauce are part of the charm.

Except, you, all those millions of people that put Ketchup on hotdogs.

That's another "food purity" thing I will just never get.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Except, you, all those millions of people that put Ketchup on hotdogs.

That's another "food purity" thing I will just never get.

Yeah it's totally fucking stupid.

bbdude

Anybody else get weird with their hotdog toppings? I've put turkey bacon, guac, dill relish, and sriracha (all at once) on a hot dog and it tasted pretty great.

Paskil

FYI OP, I'm pretty sure that's a polish sausage in your post, not a hot dog. Usually, they're the only type of sausage cut in half and charred like the picture.

If I wasn't strictly adhering to my diet right now, I would probably gorge on Costco hot dogs. Please eat one for me, people. I could really go for one with slaw on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom