• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Happy Wars |OT| Jump in to F2P on the 360

Vert boil

Barbarian bits from Castle Crashers available until the 8th.
HW12.jpg
http://playxbla.com/new-items-and-extreme-style-match-now-available-in-happy-wars-52/

Smart move. It got be to play it again until I won the second piece and got another blue shield. The game got a dirty look and I turned it off and haven't loaded it since.

undrtakr900

Okay, I'm about to be done with game. I mean I love it and its fun, but at the higher levels(I'm 36) it jsut becomes a game of "pay to win". Other player have maxed out premium armor/weapon so not only do I do negligible damage they kill me in a few hits. The only way I'm effective is if I stand in the background with Cleric healing/buffing teammates, but that gets boring after a while.
The servers for this game are constantly down :/
For me the servers aren't ever down, it's just extremely slow in finding/matchmaking other player(esp in quickMatch). I keep my laptop next to me and just browse GAF while I wait for people to join the lobby.
Barbarian bits from Castle Crashers available until the 8th.

http://playxbla.com/new-items-and-extreme-style-match-now-available-in-happy-wars-52/

Smart move. It got be to play it again until I won the second piece and got another blue shield. The game got a dirty look and I turned it off and haven't loaded it since.
I know what you mean, in the current 'event' mode I got 4 of the same wind-enchanted wands(Cleric) from the chest :/ Which wouldn't be so bad a since I could upgrade past lvl 10, except I already have a much better weapon.

Gattuso

Okay, I'm about to be done with game. I mean I love it and its fun, but at the higher levels(I'm 36) it jsut becomes a game of "pay to win". Other player have maxed out premium armor/weapon so not only do I do negligible damage they kill me in a few hits. The only way I'm effective is if I stand in the background with Cleric healing/buffing teammates, but that gets boring after a while.
Its a very "pay to win" type of game although I don't really have issues with that since all my stats are really great for not having spent a single Microsoft point on the game. The one thing to do in this game is to join a group or a clan or whatever when reaching the higher levels. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable when you get yourself in a good group who knows how to play the game well.

undrtakr900

Its a very "pay to win" type of game although I don't really have issues with that since all my stats are really great for not having spent a single Microsoft point on the game. The one thing to do in this game is to join a group or a clan or whatever when reaching the higher levels. It makes the game a lot more enjoyable when you get yourself in a good group who knows how to play the game well.
I do have some good weapons from the Castle Crashers event, where if you have the game you get the Sexy Chainsaw(840 damage) and Barbarian Helmet. So I was dominating in the early levels but became more balanced in the mid-late 20's levels. Now at level 38 its underpowered with the average player damage being 1000-1500, and I can't for the life of me find any Attack Up stat boosters.

Also I finally bit the bullet and spent money on the game lol(I figured they deserved some money w/ all the fun I've had). Initially it was just gonna be $5 and I bought some card packs for the premiums. Then I found that if you fill the stars at the bottom from buying cards the next pack is guaranteed to have a Super-premium weapon, so I caved and bought another $5 dollars worth. So I open the Super-premium card pack and it freakin gave me a Cleric weapon, ahhh. I was so pissed, because my cleric now has a high-damage, Red Bat(Smash lv3) that's basically useless for a class I just stand in the background healing/resurrecting.

/rant

BTW, where can I find a HWars clan/group?

Gattuso

People seem to always be making or looking for clans/groups to join when I did a quick google search right now but I was in the same group as a lot of the people in the top 100 were in. Some of the names that would pop up were the crackerjack heroes or the booty warriors which I had gotten invited into their group after a match against them a long time ago. so usually if you see a group that's evenly leveled or all have the same ranks for the most part then that might be a group. you can always try messaging the people that are highly ranked in the leaderboards you never know what could happen. http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/433.aspx or just ask here

undrtakr900

Kool, thanks for the info. You know if any of them are more "for fun" because I'm not gonna be super dedicated(ie. pay-2-win) to be clan competitive. But it'll be nice to have a group of people to play with/against.

Also I caved again and spent more money lol, but it was just 80 msp(or $1) for the Inferno sword in the "lucky finds":
5716010051a2ac4214801.jpg

Very good specs and fire-enchant for bonus damage.

undrtakr900

^^ Awesome, do you know what's going to be in the update? (Besides the obvious new weapons)

Will there be more single player levels, new maps, abilities, etc.?

Vert boil

^^ Awesome, do you know what's going to be in the update? (Besides the obvious new weapons)

Will there be more single player levels, new maps, abilities, etc.?

Apart from the text descriptions for the new achievements I have no idea. I haven't seen any official announcement about the patch.

There's also going to be a ilomilo item set. Presume it will be the same as the Castle Crasher bits.

BLgWG9wCcAEWbRn.jpg

undrtakr900

I purposely avoid the achievements because then I'll start altering my gameplay to get them instead of just having fun.

But you're right about the ilomilo, you get items if you own/purchase the game.

I just severely hate the even-steven Event mode you have to play to unlock the weapons. I spent all this time re-spec'ing my character/abilities to suit my playstyle and now it mean nothing as you start with the barebones for everything, ugh..

They also changed the minimum-players-to-start limit(16 to 8). Good because it starts the game faster, but bad because it fills the void with those useless A.I. players. Can't count how many times the team is making a push for the enemy's base and 1-4 bots are back at the base building turrets =/

Vert boil

Happy Wars will be available to silver users between the 13th and 20th.

http://playxbla.com/free-silver-week-on-happy-wars/
The Free-with-Gold title Happy Wars is offering free access to multiplayer on Happy Wars for one week to all Xbox Live Members September 13-20. Download and play this multi-player action game that pits different comic-style characters against each other in over-the-top combat arenas. Our latest update includes a new character class and some big improvements. If you love the game, upgrade to Xbox Live Gold to access all of your in-app purchases and progress saved! Storm the castle this week free on Xbox Live. Log on & start playing now!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Happy-Wars/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410ae9

They just gave out 80 for Christmas

Why arent more people playing this little cute game?
the Xbox needs more games like this, If this were on the Wii it would be a massive hit.

Top Bottom