• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Knowles Allegedly Assaulted Woman and Drafthouse Owners Didn’t take action.

pushbyte

Neo Member
Bleh, the Uwe Boll video is pretty gross. It's clearly less about speaking out against this form of harassment (which he literally laughs off as something that would've been considered a joke back in his day) and more about an opportunity to body shame a guy who wrote bad reviews of his films. I'm not saying that as a defense of Knowles, but it's hard for me to laugh and say "rekt" when Boll is sitting there calling young actresses fucking idiots whose other career opportunities were becoming prostitutes or working at Starbucks because they're so stupid. Speaking as a man: what the fuck is wrong with men?

Bleh, the Uwe Boll video is pretty gross. It's clearly less about speaking out against this form of harassment (which he literally laughs off as something that would've been considered a joke back in his day) and more about an opportunity to body shame a guy who wrote bad reviews of his films. I'm not saying that as a defense of Knowles, but it's hard for me to laugh and say "rekt" when Boll is sitting there calling young actresses fucking idiots whose other career opportunities were becoming prostitutes or working at Starbucks because they're so stupid. Speaking as a man: what the fuck is wrong with men?

Haha, dude that video is vile. And he's obviously a piece of shit.

He seems to think sexual assault is only if you grab a woman and rape her. That it's only the new snowflake generation that thinks grabbing a lady's ass is sexual assault. I mean the whole thing is full of disgusting imagery as well. But I mean, its pretty funny how badly it cuts down Harry.

I guess that's why I found it funny. While it unrelentingly cuts down Harry, its also done in a truly Uew Boll manner, revolting and unapologetically sexist.

Faiz

As soon as Boll started complimenting his own films I closed out. Which to be fair is exactly what I expected him to do anyway...

Ernest

Banned
It may take a while, but this sort of toxic shit will always catch up to you.

Hopefully it'll catch up to the Trump administration soon!

Like, what does it say about those in the industry if they believe that Harry actually is guilty of what he is accused of and they perhaps could have put a stop to his behavior, but they chose not to? I do not buy that they never had a chance to hold Harry accountable and/or to course correct back in the day, and from what I have just read on this thread it seems like the folks at the Alamo Drafthouse could have intervened to put a stop to his behavior, which rightfully tarnishes the rep of a beloved theater house.

Top Bottom