• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Has there ever been a more perfect season ending cliffhanger than Locutus of Borg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Not that this would need further clarification, but I'm rewatching Star Trek right now and I've just finished the Season 3 finale of TNG, Best of Both Worlds, part 1.

jzkrh.jpg

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward you will service... us." -YouTube link

That quote and visual of Picard after the away team first discovers he is transformed into a Borg, it gave me chills even today, and I must have seen these episodes at least a dozen times.

Not to mention that the entire story arc with Riker's weariness to leave the enterprise and become captain, the young up and comer reminding him of how he used to have drive and balls to think outside of the box and take risks, too, is a great storyline.

Now The Borg absolutely terrified me as a kid, but I so vividly remember the first time I saw this cliffhanger and having to wait ages to see the continuation, it drove me absolutely insane. I must have obsessed over it for months, rewatching the episode on my VHS recording of it. Great memories, good times.

Many shows have had good season ending cliffhangers, but I submit that the Locutus of Borg reveal is hands down the best one of ALL TIME.

aceface

That video doesn't even include the best part, where Riker says "Mr. Worf...fire." BLACK SCREEN

Payoff didn't quite live up to the first part's greatness (c'mon he made them sleep?) but the next episode with Picard crying and rolling in the mud in France was awesome.

Savitar

It was a great moment.

The music at the end made it too.

Pretty sure they fired the composer since they didn't want the music distracting from what was going on.

Aiii

So not worth it

Not a season cliffhanger, but a great moment indeed.

Don't know if best of all time, but the wait was horrible.

It was technically a midseason-cliffhanger

Definitely counts, should have just called it separate seasons really.

Great cliffhanger too, and the follow-up scene with them
leaving Walt's house and then panic attack and car crash
was great too. Definitely a contender.

Don't know if best of all time, but the wait was horrible.

It was technically a midseason-cliffhanger

I always thought there should've been a plop in the toilet after he looked up.
I kid

I would call one of the best/worst cliffhangers, as it's pretty damn gut wrenching that we never found out what the hell happened thanks to the jackoffs at ABC, and that'd be the season 2 cliffhanger of Twin Peaks. Oh god please let the reunion happen :(

Link

The Autumn Wind
I always thought there should've been a plop in the toilet after he looked up.
I kid

I would call one of the best/worst cliffhangers, as it's pretty damn gut wrenching that we never found out what the hell happened thanks to the jackoffs at ABC, and that'd be the season 2 cliffhanger of Twin Peaks. Oh god please let the reunion happen :(
You know Twin Peaks is coming back next year on Showtime, right?

Aiii

So not worth it
ITT: spoilers for literally everything lol

Luckily I've seen them all.

It's not really spoilers since the individual images make no sense without context, but even so, it's to be expected in a thread with this title, people should be adequately emotionally equipped for being confronted with a potential spoiler.

satriales

One of my favourites was the final ten minutes of Spooks (Mi-5) season 1 with the bomb in the laptop in Tom Quinn's house.

I couldn't find the clip on Youtube though.

It's not really spoilers since the individual images make no sense without context, but even so, it's to be expected in a thread with this title, people should be adequately emotionally equipped for being confronted with a potential spoiler.

No u.

Terriers had a great season finale that was also a cliffhanger. Even though it didn't get a second season, that cliffhanger did serve as a nice finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom