• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hasbro moves to create full-fledged film studio with Allspark

Salmonax

51XV7HR87SL._SY445_.jpg

tenor.gif

And Discord apparently frequents a bar on Cybertron, at least in the Transformers Animated continuity.

Indeed

I've said for a while that an IDW comic crossover between My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Transformers Animated would have worked really well, since it would be easy to have those two series match in tone, and there are interesting potential character interactions. Notably, Optimus was going through a lot of the same things as Twilight, with regards to each having a leadership role suddenly thrust upon them. Plus, voice actor jokes with Twilight and Sari. Too late now, though.

Love how they announce this after The Last Knight was the lowest grossing film in the franchise.

They have been working on this for a long time now. But timing is awful, they needed to have started this while TF and GI Joe movies were making some money, now it's kinda.... late.

And it's amazing how they haven't even attempted to tie GI Joe into the transformers movies, after creating like 3 different special government military units that interact with the bots in those movies, they could have easily written them into the background for easy spin off.

In the comics they pretty much used Tranformers as a means of creating MASK, government black ops stuff, using stolen Transformers tech to create their own special weapons which becomes the MASK vehicles and team. In one of the older cross over events they did, GI Joe was pretty much created just to help fight against Transformers.

Busty

Banned
Well it worked gangbusters for Activision and their film division, why not.

And let's not let a fact like all Hasbro's biggest IPs are set up elsewhere stop them either.

So apparently even with GI Joe dead and no plans for a sequel, Hasbro isn't trying to get those rights back and will continue to produce whatever Paramount does with it.

I wonder where that leaves Battleship....

Top Bottom