• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku possible English release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

So apparently there was a panel at a New York convention recently concerning Vocaloids, and during Crypton Future Media's CEO's presentation a slide was displayed which said if they get 39,390 "likes" on Hatsune Miku's Facebook page they'll do an English version.

I played with Hatsune Miku a few years ago not long after it came out (someone made an English patch for the menus and such) but, while it was awesome, it wasn't much cop at English (even if you transliterated it into katakana phonemes). I think I managed to get it to sing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" in a broken sort of fashion (it was probably around Christmas time and I've always had a thing about trying to get my PC to do Christmas carols in interesting ways every so often) but it wasn't great. I do know there's an English language Vocaloid released by another company but I checked out the demo and the voice just doesn't appeal to me.

So would anyone else like to see an English version of Miku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom