• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva series general discussion thread

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Just as I was debating whether to purchase Project Diva 2nd, this pops up. Hopefully it's more substantial than another PSP release with new songs
lulz, unlikely

FiRez

Unless there's some exclusive deal between Sega and Crypton, I can't imagine another PD game without Gumi, she's way too popular now and as much as I love Miku, Gumi's voice is way better

mehdi_san

So Dreamy Theater 2nd is out today, did anyone else grab it? I love it so far, and the 3D mode is just wonderful to watch (unfortunately you can't play in 3D mode). Animation is also very fluid, can someone with bionic eyes confirm if it's 60fps?

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
mehdi_san said:
So Dreamy Theater 2nd is out today, did anyone else grab it? I love it so far, and the 3D mode is just wonderful to watch (unfortunately you can't play in 3D mode). Animation is also very fluid, can someone with bionic eyes confirm if it's 60fps?

Waiting for 2nd Extend before I jump into Dreamy Theater. Well, that and deciding ic it's worth going back to OFW for...

mehdi_san

RurouniZel said:
Waiting for 2nd Extend before I jump into Dreamy Theater. Well, that and deciding ic it's worth going back to OFW for...
They changed the way the game works this time. You don't need to connect your PSP to your PS3 every time you boot the game, just the first time when you want to copy the data file. I'm wondering if there's a way to use this to avoid the PSP step at all, by sharing the PS3 save file for instance.
BTW I looked into the manual, and it says indeed it's 60fps, maybe it was already the case with Dreamy Theater 1 but I skipped it so I dont know.
I also noticed that when you miss a beat, the song will keep playing but not the singer. The game actually skips the voice part of the beats you miss. Was it already on the PSP version? I can't recall.
Overall, it's well worth the money, it has all the songs from PD1 and PD2nd, and it's compatible with the previous DLC. I just wish you could win credits on the PS3 to unlock more modules for the characters :(

Wonko_C

Dreamy Theater 2nd deserves its own thread. :(

OK I don't have bionic aaaaaa-er, I mean, eyes but 60 fps is easily distinguishable from 30, and this is indeed running at 60fps most of the time, it has this weird blurry effect when it drops frames though, as if it was using some sort of temporal antialiasing when it's clearly not the case.

The most immediate benefit of playing this at 60 frames per second is that you'll do much better at the game, no longer do I miss notes that I otherwise unfairly missed on the PSP version.

Not having to connect my PSP everytime I want to start the game is a godsend, and also makes me curious if this means I can gameshare DT2nd to my friend.

I just wish they got rid of the perverted camera angles, makes me ashamed of playing it in public.

mehdi_san

Wonko_C said:
Dreamy Theater 2nd deserves its own thread. :(

OK I don't have bionic aaaaaa-er, I mean, eyes but 60 fps is easily distinguishable from 30, and this is indeed running at 60fps most of the time, it has this weird blurry effect when it drops frames though, as if it was using some sort of temporal antialiasing when it's clearly not the case.

The most immediate benefit of playing this at 60 frames per second is that you'll do much better at the game, no longer do I miss notes that I otherwise unfairly missed on the PSP version.

Not having to connect my PSP everytime I want to start the game is a godsend, and also makes me curious if this means I can gameshare DT2nd to my friend.

I just wish they got rid of the perverted camera angles, makes me ashamed of playing it in public.
I'll make a thread for you if you feel like making an OT for it :)

cj_iwakura

Surely this is part of their US release initiative, since the Miku-Mazda collaboration got the series so much recognition here!

:(

mehdi_san said:
They changed the way the game works this time. You don't need to connect your PSP to your PS3 every time you boot the game, just the first time when you want to copy the data file. I'm wondering if there's a way to use this to avoid the PSP step at all, by sharing the PS3 save file for instance.
BTW I looked into the manual, and it says indeed it's 60fps, maybe it was already the case with Dreamy Theater 1 but I skipped it so I dont know.
I also noticed that when you miss a beat, the song will keep playing but not the singer. The game actually skips the voice part of the beats you miss. Was it already on the PSP version? I can't recall.
Overall, it's well worth the money, it has all the songs from PD1 and PD2nd, and it's compatible with the previous DLC. I just wish you could win credits on the PS3 to unlock more modules for the characters :(
This is HUGE. Gah, I really don't want to revert to OFW but Miku wants me to.

Wonko_C

mehdi_san said:
I'll make a thread for you if you feel like making an OT for it :)

Thanks for the offer, but I don't know If I'm really up to the task. I've seen the OT's here and they're on a whole different level than in other forums.

Wonko_C

A Twisty Fluken said:
This is HUGE. Gah, I really don't want to revert to OFW but Miku wants me to.

What CFW are you using? I'm guessing you aren't or probably can't use 6.39 CFW, neur0n's 6.39 ME-8 works with the app without problems.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
My friend bought me the first Project Diva game for PSP for my birthday, still have yet to play it though.

kiryogi

Banned
Wonko_C said:
Thanks for the offer, but I don't know If I'm really up to the task. I've seen the OT's here and they're on a whole different level than in other forums.
They dont have to be that fancy. In fact at least for niche OTs, I go with a simple banner and that's it. Since often, it won't be visited much anyway. The only real fancy OTs i've done are Tales and even then it's pretty low caliber in comparison to the rest. I fail @ Photoshop.

In any case... Picked up DT2. Not having to connect the PSP all the time is great, but I'm back on Diva 2 to grind for more modules. As per usual, you only get to use stuff you've already unlocked.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
cj_iwakura said:
Surely this is part of their US release initiative, since the Miku-Mazda collaboration got the series so much recognition here!

Toyota. :p I found the commercials amusing, but I hope they do eventually bring something over. It'd require next to no translation compared to VC3 which... oh goddamn it! >>

Fuck you Sega!

kiryogi

Banned
What I'd love to see as an experiment was if they went and released DT2 with all unlocks, but untranslated like the import PSone classics line. Would the numbers be surprising? :O

Wonko_C

kiryogi said:
They dont have to be that fancy. In fact at least for niche OTs, I go with a simple banner and that's it. Since often, it won't be visited much anyway. The only real fancy OTs i've done are Tales and even then it's pretty low caliber in comparison to the rest. I fail @ Photoshop.

In any case... Picked up DT2. Not having to connect the PSP all the time is great, but I'm back on Diva 2 to grind for more modules. As per usual, you only get to use stuff you've already unlocked.

That's tempting, I'll start prototyping something when I have the time.

Huh, I had no idea Dreamy Theater 2nd was being discussed in this thread... I've been posting stuff regarding it here.

I was debating putting together OTs for Extend or whatever too, but, meh, Junior Member.

Well, if you wanna prototype, by all means - there's a ton of screenshots and info on Weekly Diva Station that hasn't been mentioned here (see: here and here). I can probably pinch in with some random bits when I have time but I'm too busy/lazy to compile everything that's been said so far.

Takao

Banned
cj_iwakura said:

So much recognition that you forgot it was Toyota who sponsored those US Miku events...

Wonko_C

Thought you were offering to do the |OT| yourself as I'm quite in the same position: too busy/lazy, so much that I haven't been able to put time to sit down and give DT2nd a good play, I estimate I have played for 30 minutes at most. :(

Sylver

Banned
KyteTron said:
and completely ruined Miku.
Well they rectified, but I don't think the first one was as bad as people said. XD
First US One
gCNHj.jpg

Second US One:
wGY9M.jpg

KyteTron

Banned
I saw the first one, tyvm! didn't need a revisit! D:

Oh, wow that's MUCH better. A lot closer to what you see in good fanart. :3 Toyota, you are forgiven.

Top Bottom