• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have any of you used this website for a free credit report? ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
http://www.consumerinfo.com

also, from the FAQ

3) Will ordering a credit report with ConsumerInfo.com appear as an inquiry on my report?

Pulling your credit report for your own review does not affect your credit score. Only hard inquiries, such as when a lender pulls your credit report, are considered when calculating your credit score. Soft inquiries, such as when you request a copy of your own report, when your report is reviewed by your existing lender, or when credit card companies “pre-screen” you for pre-approved offers, do not affect your credit score.

is this true?

how reliable is this website? any way to check?

im currently trying to move to a new apartment, and i have no idea how good or bad my credit report may be.

way more

I used all three resources and am dissapointed. Inorder to see your score you need to sign up, for free all you can learn is whether your credit is good or bad.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Yeah, the credit agencies didnt want to give credit reports for free to begin with, the feds forced them to.

You should go through equifax (or one of the others) to do it. Its more secure. I have this thing that costs 8 bucks a month that monitors my credit reports, lets me view them, gives me a credit score daily from equifax.. so if anything suspicious happens I can come after them witha beat down stick.

Im kinda obsessed with keeping my credit score REALLY high though (its over 800).. plus, I know a few people that have had identity theft, so Im really cautious about that kind of stuff... one of my friends girlfriends had some girl get two express cards in her name (she allready had one, why express would issue her three cards without sending up a red flag is beyond me) and rang up 2000 dollars in stuff. Getting them to turn off a card that you never ordered is much easier if nothing has been charged to it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom