• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have You ever been hospitalized?

badblue

I've been a couple times, only had an extended visit once.

The extended visit ended up me being diagnosed in the ER with a cervical spinal injury and emergency surgery after I walked in because I had a pain in my calf.
Everything else was butt stuff.

Sleepwalker

Alright let's see,

3 bladder surgeries before I was 1 year old
Broke my femur at 6 (needed surgery)
broke my arm at 12 (needed surgery)
rebroke my femur at 16 playing football (needed surgery)
dislocated my shoulder multiple times from sports so had to get surgery to correct that
had an ACL rupture in my knee so I had to get reconstruction surgery + rehab

I think it's been about 7-9 surgeries for me so far, disregarding the couple times I've been hospitalized for sickness, one was Dengue hemorrhagic fever so almost died. Fun times lol

Banned
as a kid yes,
my appendix had to be removed.

I played Power Rangers the Movie and Mega Man 2 on Gameboy the whole time during my stay basically.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Broke my right arm in 3 separate places. General anaesthetic to fix it and 2 days in hospital, cast on for 2 months as one part wasnt fusing properly so had to have it re-set. Was fun times.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
Twice.

1 - was coming home via bike in 8th grade. Front week locked up going down a steep hill and I flew over the handlebars and landed on my head, then slid for several feet. An ambluence came and took me to the hospital. Luckily no concussion or brain damage, my helmet had absorbed the impact and exploded into several pieces. Severe roadrash on my face and arms. Was out of school for a week healing up. It sucked real bad changing bandages.

2 - Gallstones. Halloween night 2012. I was eating KFC and drinking beer with my best friend. Suddenly I felt intense pain under my right ribcage. Started throwing up. My friend rushed me to the ER. Got some morphine, which is about the most beautiful substance in the world. Got some ultrasounds. Doctor gave me my diagnosis and said it needed to be removed, but since I didn't have insurence at the time, he wrote me a prescription of XXL Tylenol and called it a day.

PanzerAzel

Few times.

Had a biopsy on a softball sized tumor in my left chest behind the muscle wall at age 20. Doc cut into it to get a slice and sliced my subclavian artery (which tumor had surrounded) wide open. Botched it. Bled out 80% of my total blood volume on the table before they had to call a veteran surgeon in who tied off all arterial flow to my left arm to get it under control and save my life. Spent 3 days in the ICU recovering, woke up too weak to even lift my arms a few inches off the bed.

Also had a stroke in Jan of ‘21 caused from past radiation treatments. Spent two and a half weeks in the hospital learning to walk and coordinate my body over again.

3 mental hospital stays as well, but not sure if that counts.

Top Bottom