• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having a cold and going to the beach, bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Since yesterday i have a sore throat and congestion, so i might get a cold, but tomorrow im heading to the beach, will it make it worse? Im taking some paracetamol

Beach now is hot as fuck but it has some strong wind.

It is a bad idea. Because you are cold on the inside, and it'll be warm outside, you will collect a lot of condensation on your skin, which could promote spore growth and lead to a lethal fungus infection.

You need to wipe your skin properly throughout the day, and if possible try to lessen the temperature differential between your innards and the outdoors by having warm drinks. Soup would also work, as would eating poblano peppers.

jaxword

If you are going there to literally sit and relax in the heat, then it MAY help, but I doubt by much.

If you're doing anything strenuous, including the traveling and getting dehydrated, then no, that's a terrible idea and you'll drain your body's energy and make yourself sicker. Especially if it's windy and you're inhaling sand. In fact, the ONLY good thing about going to the beach would be some nice heat, which you could in theory duplicate in bed with blankets.

Also it is February, where exactly do you live? Australia?

It is a bad idea. Because you are cold on the inside, and it'll be warm outside, you will collect a lot of condensation on your skin, which could promote spore growth and lead to a lethal fungus infection.

You need to wipe your skin properly throughout the day, and if possible try to lessen the temperature differential between your innards and the outdoors by having warm drinks. Soup would also work, as would eating poblano peppers.

Pretty much this.

Tapiozona

Banned
Are these replies serious? Of course it's fine to go to the beach.

Is this thread serious? I can't believe some of the dumb threads people create. Why can't people use the "Stupid questions which don't deserve their own threads", thread.

Sorry OP, not to be mean, but really? This required a thread?

Having a cold and going to the beach..
Having a cold and going to the store..
Having a cold and going to Disneyland..
Having a cold and going to the bathroom..

If you're sick, rest. You've made it this far into life without knowing that?

Also, taking paracetamol will do nothing. It's a pain reliever. Not even sure how it's relevant to this thread. But I guess it fits.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Is this thread serious? I can't believe some of the dumb threads people create. Why can't people use the "Stupid questions which don't deserve their own threads", thread.

Sorry OP, not to be mean, but really? This required a thread?

Having a cold and going to the beach..
Having a cold and going to the store..
Having a cold and going to Disneyland..
Having a cold and going to the bathroom..

If you're sick, rest. You've made it this far into life without knowing that?

Also, taking paracetamol will do nothing. It's a pain reliever. Not even sure how it's relevant to this thread. But I guess it fits.

No doubt.

dudeworld

you can tell he knows what he's talking about because he's a refrigerator. the expert at being cold on the inside and warm outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom