• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO confirms Game of Thrones Season 7 will consist of 7 eps and air in Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
So Spain film locations means more Dorne, which means Khaleesi is landing there to start her come back tour. Nice.

firelogic

Good news! I've felt that despite the seasons only being 10 episodes, they do a lot of time wasting. Especially the last few seasons. If they cut out the fat and give us a streamlined 7 episodes, I'm all for it.

Moff

how can this be over in 13 episodes when Martin still has two books to release? come the fuck on.

I wouldn't be surprised if some arcs have reached the same point at the end of season 6 they will reach at the end of TWOW, dany for instance.

A-V-B

The absence of Miguel Sapochnik is worrying for me.

Oh, fuck, you're right.

That's bad. Dude was the BEST director they ever had -- he saved entire seasons -- and if the problem was money they should've broken the bank to get him. The dude's literally the real Azor Ahai.

I'm pretty sure the directors they mentioned are the rest of the directors they've always had. I can't even imagine Season 6 minus Miguel.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Lame, kinda wish they'd just do a 13 ep season and call it a day.... waiting 2 years for 13 episodes is crazy.

Meh, maybe we'll get TWOW before the series ends then... Sigh

That's my hope now. At minimum, I have a feeling TWOW will be a good deal different than how the show has played out so far, simply because there are so many plotlines that have been completely changed or written out of the show.

how can this be over in 13 episodes when Martin still has two books to release? come the fuck on.

The show has either advanced/completed several storylines that are still up in the air in the books (Arya, Jon, Ramsay, Dany, Bran, Rickon, Tyrells, Stannis), or just flat out erased/ignored them (Arianne, Quentyn, Young Griff, Victarion, Ser Barriston). With the exception of the Iron Island stuff, nearly all of Season 6 was new content for everyone.

It's funny how lots of people have been complaining about slow-filler-character episodes for 6 years now, and when they announce a 7 episode season people (not just GAF) want more. Good on B&W keeping it short & sweet.

This will be awesome. The ball has begun to roll, shit is about to hit the fan, it's going to be a non stop blood bath for 13 more episodes. I can't wait!
All hail Queen Dany!

molnizzle

I get the production budget thing, but it's still really fucking weird for the final two seasons to be shorter than all the rest. Should have just done a single longer season, or padded them out to still make 10 episodes. GoT is the one show that people won't mind a bit of padding, 10 episode seasons are already short.

I expect that HBO will finish these last 13 episodes and move on to the tales of Dunk and whatever before GRRM finishes Winds of Winter.

Ghost23

Hopefully George starts writing episodes again. Honestly, just write all of season 8. George deserves to finish his series.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I hope we get more characters that can go from Westeros to Slavers Bay and back in an episode.

Iksenpets

Banned
So Spain film locations means more Dorne, which means Khaleesi is landing there to start her come back tour. Nice.

Spain was also used for King's Landing and the Reach/Oldtown in season 6, now that they've dropped Croatia as a filming location, so I imagine that Spain will be hosting the King's Landing and Sam's Oldtown scenes in addition to Dorne. Everything south of the Riverlands will probably shoot there.

dLMN8R

Breaking Bad effect

Break final season into two seasons to prolong interest. It's no different than when they break up a single book into multiple films. It's all about the business

Except for the fact that it actually takes them nearly an entire year to produce the episodes for a season of Game of Thrones. And it'll probably still take that long with only 7 episodes instead of 10.

It's not like they're shooting seasons 7 and 8 simultaneously and then artificially holding off on showing season 8 here.

Ploid 3.0

Breaking Bad ended, Mad Men ended and now this is coming to an end too, what I am going to watch now?, I can't watch average mediocre/crap, my time is limited so I only watch the best of the best. I only have Fargo left now.

I'm liking Better Call Saul more than GOT. Looking forward to it more for sure.

The TV show doesn't have to spend half a season on traveling tales and entire episodes describing what people "break their fast" with.

Oh hey, did GRRM and Robert Jordan go to writing school together?!

Anyway, I only started watching GoT about five weeks ago, and my wife and I will be wrapping up season 6 shortly (two episodes to go). I've absolutely loved it but it feels like there is a lot of plotlines to wrap up still, and Dany has been in Slaver's Bay with not much of interest happening for, what, three seasons now? Unless there's some dramatic stuff which happens in the last two episodes of season 6, I struggle to see how wrapping everything up in 13-ish episodes won't feel a little rushed.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh hey, did GRRM and Robert Jordan go to writing school together?!

Anyway, I only started watching GoT about five weeks ago, and my wife and I will be wrapping up season 6 shortly (two episodes to go). I've absolutely loved it but it feels like there is a lot of plotlines to wrap up still, and Dany has been in Slaver's Bay with not much of interest happening for, what, three seasons now? Unless there's some dramatic stuff which happens in the last two episodes of season 6, I struggle to see how wrapping everything up in 13-ish episodes won't feel a little rushed.

You've got the best two episodes in Game of Thrones left to watch and you're wasting your time here!?!?

Jacob4815

I'm OK with the 7 episodes.

I'm NOT OK with the abscence of Sapochnik.
Mark Mylod and Jeremy Podeswa are the worst directors.

Alpende

I would have liked to see 10 episodes but oh well, can't do anything about it. I really liked season 6 so if it's better or comparable to that, that'd be great.

Ratrat

Good. It should make for a tighter season with less useless scenes like Tyrion trying to get Missandei drunk or whatever the hell the Hound and Bravos Theater stuff was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom