• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HBO's 'The Last of Us' Season 2 Set for 2025 Release

cormack12

Gold Member
I'm curious to see what you think after finishing the game, if all the show's changes are an overall improvement or not. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Oh I completed it years ago.

I don't like Bella Ramsey as Ellie. Her acting is OK but her ugliness is too distracting. I just can't see her as Ellie. It would like Steve Buscemi playing Joel. I'm also not a fan of Pascal as Joel either. Or Pablo as Master Chief. The casting has been bad in most of these except Fallout.

The spores are so heavily integrated into the story, masks etc. And the bloaters.

I think the game is just better, but I enjoy the show for what is it.

Oh I completed it years ago.

I don't like Bella Ramsey as Ellie. Her acting is OK but her ugliness is too distracting. I just can't see her as Ellie. It would like Steve Buscemi playing Joel. I'm also not a fan of Pascal as Joel either. Or Pablo as Master Chief. The casting has been bad in most of these except Fallout.

The spores are so heavily integrated into the story, masks etc. And the bloaters.

I think the game is just better, but I enjoy the show for what is it.
It's hard to view TV shows or movies objectively when you played the games they are based on. The reason you like the Fallout actors is because their characters are not in the video games. You don't have preconceived notions of how they should act like you do with TLOU or Halo. You would surely view Fallout similarly if Lucy and The Ghoul were established VG characters

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Playing through tlou I remastered now and the spores were such a better mechanic.
I still really don't understand this decision. The leads from the tv series would have to wear masks only on certain occasions, besides watching their expressions through the visors could also sell their acting better.

Maybe Pedro had enough of having his face covered after The Mandalorian? Don't know. ;)

Top Bottom