• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HD CRT TV stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
Wow, thats a lot of acronyms.

So, I am in the market for a TV stand for my TV:

6494135_sa.jpg

Now I have looked at all the usual locations, BB, Circuit City, Target. However, nothing really appeals to me their or it just looks like utter crap. The official Sony one is like 250 bucks, and it doesn't have a lot of space for components.

As for what I am going to put in it, well, in the near future I am looking at: PS2, GC, 360, and if I can fit it (note: not mandatory) my yamaha bookshelf receiver/cd player *tall*.

So, any suggestions on where to look or what you guys have that look good already??

Maybe you think this looks like utter crap, but I think it looks good. The flash makes all the wires stand out in the shot.

Bought it at HH Gregg, $200. All metal and tempered glass.

Try not to break in and steal my shit, kay guys?

IMG_1307Large.jpg

pxleyes

Banned
Actually that isn't all that bad. So a tempered glass top shelf really can support that TV.

Ok, didn't know that. I really wasn't keen on the idea of my TV crushing all my components. :lol

Honestly, the TV is bending the top glass shelf a little bit. The TV disperses it's weight on its own perimieter, so the glass in between the edges of the TV is raised a bit. Seems sturdy enough though.

Also, I got some slidy feet for moving furniture and put those on the bottom of the set. So now I can slide the TV around very easily and it won't scratch the glass.

Links to the stand.
HH Gregg
Busch Furniture

Note the conflicting listed dimensions. The thing is about 23" high.

I have the Z-Line Z24-1S stand:

image002.jpg

Tempered glass, can hold up to 300 lbs., has a lot of space. Only drawbacks are that it's heavy (but it's all glass, of course), probably over 100 pounds, and it was fairly expensive at the time. I think it was around 250 from Circuit City.

pxleyes

Banned
Hmm.

I was actually thinking of getting the official stand. SU30HX1. Its a bit expensive, but eBay can solve that.

Does anyone have any experience with offical Sony stands in terms of quality?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Where do they get off charging so much for these things? I had the dilemma of needing a stand when I bought a 16:9 set a few months ago.

Solution: Ripped the one I had in half (took off the columns/backing to allow for a wider set). Looks a lot better than those 200+ jobs, and it costed me nothing.

pxleyes said:
Hmm.

I was actually thinking of getting the official stand. SU30HX1. Its a bit expensive, but eBay can solve that.

Does anyone have any experience with offical Sony stands in terms of quality?

I do, like everything else they sell it's expensive for what it is but does the job. I'm trying to find the one I have for you specifically as it has a fair amount of room and a closed back with an opening for the wires which is great, as you can't see them behind the stand. I hate the sight of wires personally.

pxleyes

Banned
brooklyngooner said:
I do, like everything else they sell it's expensive for what it is but does the job. I'm trying to find the one I have for you specifically as it has a fair amount of room and a closed back with an opening for the wires which is great, as you can't see them behind the stand. I hate the sight of wires personally.

O nice, that would be great.

DaCoco, its furniture. It is always more expensive than it should be because it is a one time buy. Its not like you buy a new couch every year, so they have to make up for the next 10 with the purchase now. Thats my thinking on the subject at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom