• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDMI Splitter+Audio Extractor for Ps4?

zMiiChy-

Banned
I want to display the image from my Ps4 to two separate TVs, but I also want to output the audio to my Soundbar.
The soundbar only supports Optical and Auxiliary cables so I need something to convert it.

I'm not too familiar with soundbars in general and I haven't had my ps4 for very long so unsure if.. or how this could be done.

Edit: Forgot to mention this is a Slim Ps4, it has no optical ports and neither do the televisions.

stryke

I think the device you might need is a matrix. Here's one that does optical out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017RW073I/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Theoretically you could plug your PS4 into one of the inputs and set both outputs to that input and connect your optical audio and boom. Don't know about latency though, look out for that

Be careful if you use your ps4 for things other than games

Splitter function may not work with HDCP protected content or devices such as cable set-top boxes, cable/satellite TV programs

kenta

Has no PEINS
Thank you!
That's a bit expensive, but I was expecting it to be for what I'm asking for. -3-
I may try it.
It actually seems pretty cheap to me but if you want to keep looking for other options, the key word is matrix. A simple splitter is unlikely to de-embed the audio but a matrix is generally intended to be part of a larger system so it's more likely to have that feature. Good luck

spock

Check Amazon for the view hd hdmi switch. Its a matrix, you want the 4x2 prosumer model I think. I use it to do exactly what your describing for a projector and flat screen. I have 2 consoles, a roku and android box with optical out to a sOund bar.

Top Bottom