• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HDTV vs. The World

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasimirobot

KV-HR32-36M61.jpg

Vs.

MG3917j.jpg

I really want this new HDTV but there is also a deal on an "around the world" airticket for about the same price! I am really kinda stumped, material object vs. experience of a lifetime, what do you guys think?

IJoel

World without a doubt.

Really, a great travelling experience will be with you for the rest of your life. A great TV will last you some years and then be tossed away for a better one.

sasimirobot

Well the thing is though, the ticket may cost the same but lets be realistic, I am gonna end up spending thousands of dollars on the trip. I really want to travel but sometimes I feel like having something to show for it ( a nice TV and games) instead of being one of those "oh yeah Ive been there..." one-up kinda dudes.

It is not like I havent traveled (I have lived and visited most of SE asia and Japan in the last 4 years) but sometimes I just get a bug. Its hard for me to stay put...

Anyone else have a "around the world" experience they would like to share?

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Well the thing is though, the ticket may cost the same but lets be realistic, I am gonna end up spending thousands of dollars on the trip. I really want to travel but sometimes I feel like having something to show for it ( a nice TV and games) instead of being one of those "oh yeah Ive been there..." one-up kinda dudes.

Agreed.

I always end up missing home no matter where in the world I go. I have a 5 day foreign comfort threshold, then I jones to see Black women again. I spent 26 Euros in Paris to get a Black Tail magazine as I was going through some severe ass withdrawl. The sh!t was like a year old too. :lol

Get the TV.

aoi tsuki

If i had the chance, i'd go for the trip. i'd actually take a trip in one country or region, so it would give me time to learn the culture, language, precautions, etc. before i went. It would also give me more time to immerse myself in the area moreso than spending a day or so in a country, then moving on.

Assuming you're not married/attached and have no kids, it's much easier to take a trip now, then wait years later when you have more responsibilities to take into consideration. There will always be chances to get a tv, and by time you do prices will have gone down, better tech will be available, etc.

sasimirobot

update: I got a deal waiting in Bangkok on that TV for only 850$US!

The above photo is funny as shit (the dude in jail). And Yes, I really do want the TV. Thanks gaming-age for turning me into the graphics-ho I am today. Im gonna look into some more ticket deals and let you guys know whats up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom