• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hear *The* David Hasselhoff rap on Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 soundtrack song

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing this will play in the credits, but

Holy fuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU

Rolling Stones said:
"Guardians Inferno," The Sneepers featuring David Hasselhoff- This comedic original, co-written by Gunn and score composer Tyler Bates, is meant as a sort of Guardians take on Meco's disco Star Wars theme. Gunn is particularly proud of a line that rhymes "procyon lotor" – i.e., "racoon," as in Bradley Cooper's Rocket – with "motor." They recruited David Hasselhoff as vocalist largely because he's supposed to be one of Peter Quill's childhood heroes.

This is the greatest thing i've ever heard. I can't fucking believe they went and made this its awesome. And got the Hoff no less! Can't wait for this movie.

WE
ARE
GROOT

Kart94

Banned
LOL David Hasselhoff.

npspicturenps35585877.jpg

This is a joke right?

Kart94

Banned
Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russel, and now David Hasselhoff?

Is this movie for talentless washed up has-beens now? Maybe they can get Dolph Lundgren in it.

Fisty

The Hoff was doing Marvel movies before that universe even got cinematic. Respect the Hoff.

280px-Nick-fury-agent-of-shield-movie-poster-486x700.jpg

Funny side note, written by David Goyer of The Dark Knight fame

womp

I still have my MECO Star Wars & Other Galactic Funk vinyl laying around somewhere that I had as a kid back in the 70s.

Amazing callback.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LOL David Hasselhoff.

npspicturenps35585877.jpg

This is a joke right?

Don't act like you've never been at a lower ebb. The difference is that he has a hamburger and I had oreos.

edit. Jokes aside, I think the final line in that might be some sort of mini spoiler.

haikira

Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russel, and now David Hasselhoff?

Is this movie for talentless washed up has-beens now? Maybe they can get Dolph Lundgren in it.

Kurt Russel, who's recently had major roles in The Hateful Eight, Bone Tomahawk, and Deepwater Horizon, and who's had bit parts in the likes of Fast and the Furious 7, is a has been?

alright then..

He's not the same box office draw as Chris Pratt, obviously, but I think "has-been" is stretching it. If anything, he's in quite the comeback lately.

Fisty

Kurt Russel, who's recently had major roles in The Hateful Eight, Bone Tomahawk, and Deepwater Horizon, and who's had bit parts in the likes of Fast and the Furious 7, is a has been?

alright then..

He's not the same box office draw as Chris Pratt, obviously, but I think "has-been" is stretching it. If anything, he's in quite the comeback lately.

Chris Pratt wishes he had 1/3 the charisma of Kurt Russel. The man literally produces grizzled machismo as a byproduct of existing

haikira

Chris Pratt wishes he had 1/3 the charisma of Kurt Russel. The man literally produces grizzled machismo as a byproduct of existing

No argument here.

I was just trying to stay restrained, but in retrospect, I think Anung had the correct response.

Fisty

No argument here.

I was just trying to stay restrained, but in retrospect, I think Anung had the correct response.

I wouldn't lump Russell in with Stallone and Hasselhoff though, those guys I think classify pretty well as washed up. Stallone in particular has been on a victory lap of his career for like the past decade.

I wouldn't lump Russell in with Stallone and Hasselhoff though, those guys I think classify pretty well as washed up. Stallone in particular has been on a victory lap of his career for like the past decade.

Could've sworn Stallone was nominated for an Oscar for supporting actor in Creed, and won the Golden Globe. Who knew he was washed up despite evidence pointing to the contrary.

Tomita

So...isn't that some of the cast in the photo, or am I crazy? Think I'm seeing Karen Gillan, Michael Rosenbaum maybe, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Dave Bautista, and...maaaybe Michael Rooker? Not sure who the black haired woman is, since she doesn't look like Zoe Saldana. Maybe it's her anyway.

August 22nd can't come soon enough.

So...isn't that some of the cast in the photo, or am I crazy? Think I'm seeing Karen Gillan, Michael Rosenbaum maybe, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, Dave Bautista, and...maaaybe Michael Rooker? Not sure who the black haired woman is, since she doesn't look like Zoe Saldana. Maybe it's her anyway.

August 22nd can't come soon enough.
You ain't crazy. From left to right:

Karen Gillan, James Gunn, Pom Klementieff, Sean Gunn, David Hasselhoff (obviously), no idea, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana and Michael Rooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom