• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

vasuba

Banned
think people are looking way too far into this.

Sony Motion Pictures gives 2 shits less about the PS3 and its line.

Heroes is the hottest TV show on the air whose demographics also just happens to match Spidermans. Its a no brainer to go along with a Superhero show whose audience is the same who will flock to the spiderman movie for advertising.

and for the PS3 in the episode its called money. If nintendo wanted him on the Wii it would have been

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Damn that looked good. The hair swaying in the wind, reminds me of how cool Hotsuma was with his scarf going everywhere.

PleoMax

Banned
Doel said:

There's no spoilers guys go ahead. Anyway the QTE is definitilly GOWesque, the animation of here running on the rope or wtf that was wasn't that hot, the graphics look sharp, the one thing that impresses and alot is the size of the freaking area, i mean its ****ing huge and you can see far into the distance, that was cool.

deejay8595 said:
LIGHTING LOOK CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY S******!!!!!!!!!1

VIDEO HERE!!!!

http://putstuff.putfile.com/54712/2544708/3

...oh and there's some booty action too

Onix said:
I think it is now confirmed.

There is a well founded rumor that a major shakeup is going on at Universal ... specifically in the studio's home video division.

Couple that with the fact that a special HD SpiderMan 3 promo is being broadcast with the new episode (Sony) ...

... and then add in this PS3 tie-in.

Universal is going neutral.
If that's true, AVS is going to **** something that's going to make a diamond look like a sponge.

Y2Kevbug11 said:
Yeah. It's like...hey, let's play heavenly sword. *shows HS* Here's a sixaxis.
and the PS3 is right under the TV.

Speaking of games in shows/movies. Anyone seen the previews for Reign over Me? In one of them they are playing Shadow of the Collossus on a huge TV.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Kangu said:
Game looks gorgeous, but QTEs are the bane of good game design.
QTEs are the saviours of cutscenes. If I'm playing a game, I might as well have some control over the cutscenes.

Kangu

Banned
Marconelly said:
QTEs are the saviours of cutscenes. If I'm playing a game, I might as well have some control over the cutscenes.

Except some cutscenes are annoying enough as is, making it so that if you **** up you have to watch them again is crap. The Krauser knife fight in RE4 comes to mind.

Mmmkay

vasuba said:
and for the PS3 in the episode its called money. If nintendo wanted him on the Wii it would have been
Sure but they normally use games that are already released. Aside from 3 screenshots at TGS, this is technically the first new content we've seen of Heavenly Sword in 10 months.

_leech_ said:
Well, it was kind of a spoiler... looks like Niki gets out of the psych ward...
If you are behind a few episodes,
she's been out of it for at least two episodes I think.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Marconelly said:

I agree with that. I'd rather them have a QTE than a cutscene...and it might be difficult to have rope running like this at that speed and have it be playable.

Raistlin

vasuba said:

They give a shit in-so-far as BluRay.

Heroes is the hottest TV show on the air whose demographics also just happens to match Spidermans. Its a no brainer to go along with a Superhero show whose audience is the same who will flock to the spiderman movie for advertising.

Obviously it's money ... money going to Universal.

When you consider Sony paying for 2 separate Sony-based product placements (one from Sony studios ... one from Sony Electronics) ... you have to wonder what ties them together? Simple, BluRay.

Couple that with a known shakeup at Universal Home Video, and things look a bit ... interesting.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I Am Error said:
If you are behind a few episodes,
sh's been out of it for at least two episodes I think.

He's still at ep13 tho. So, for him, this is kind of a spoiler indeed.

Kangu

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I agree with that. I'd rather them have a QTE than a cutscene...and it might be difficult to have rope running like this at that speed and have it be playable.

Not really. They could make it so that you're semi locked onto the rope, ala Super Mario Sunshine. Now wouldn't that be awesome? Who didn't love jumping on the elastic ropes in SMS?

That's whats wrong with QTEs. Developers cop out instead of trying to turn something into a fun gameplay sequence.

gbovo

Marconelly said:
QTE's are probably one of the current steps to eliminating non-interactive cut scenes. Sooner or later, something else deeper will come along that surpasses the effectiveness of QTE's while taking us even closer to eliminating cut scenes.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kangu said:
Not really. They could make it so that you're semi locked onto the rope, ala Super Mario Sunshine. Now wouldn't that be awesome? Who didn't love jumping on the elastic ropes in SMS?

That's whats wrong with QTEs. Developers cop out instead of trying to turn something into a fun gameplay sequence.

It worked in SMS cause you walked all slowly...and plus, it had that goofy kind of physics going for it.

I personally think a QTE is a quite (lol...QTE quite lol) a bit of fun, so I don't dislike them at all...if they are fairly involved. RE4's two button QTEs were kinda meh.

vasuba said:

:lol what? :lol

Top Bottom