• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

All I need are those skin-shaders in game and I'm set. I highly doubt I'll give a damn about her lips or her eyes when I'm chopping the balls off of my enemies.

llTll

Banned
BamYouHaveAids said:
Yeah once you take into account that this is a cutscene it really isn't that impressive, lower end of the next gen spectrum, now that I think of it it's ps2 quality really, absolutely nothing the ps1 couldn't handle, snes might have chugged a little but this definately isn't out of it's capabilities.
:lol

That looks positively stunning!

Just a funny thought: with pictures from real people nowadays they airbrush and photoshop the hell out of it to hide all the small imperfections, while in the gaming industry they seem to add too much little scars, sun marks, freckles to make thing look more realistic. :)

Nostromo

Systems_id said:
All I need are those skin-shaders in game and I'm set. I highly doubt I'll give a damn about her lips or her eyes when I'm chopping the balls off of my enemies.
LOL! anyway, we don't have 2 versions of the skin shader, the same shader is being used for cut scene and also when you play the game.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
nAo, tell the marketing department to release more screen shots (or movies). or else.

or else....I'll do nothing...but be sad :(

Sandman7

I thought it was concept art when I first saw it. And in tribute to this thread I demand that real-time weapon switching be implemented so Nariko can switch to the ultimate weapon: THE MIGHTY BROOM! Shoving brooms down enemy throats FTW!

The extra development time is making a world of difference. Some of you saw Heavenly Sword at E3 and it looked pretty good... that is, it looked like your typical 360 game. The team has been hard at work piling on layers and layers of detail and as of right now, it looks like ****ing Advent Children (you thought Metal Gear looked good? You gotta see this). It's also being given a God of War type violence upgrade, since they found out the graphical realism and brutality of the combat (bloodless though it was) was getting it a Mature anyway. Seriously, it will blow your mother****ing mind (although it’s sad that having really awesome graphics influences the ESRB ratings these days). The current release target is March.

holy hell :D

My Arms Your Hearse said:
I'll never understand why people have trouble comprehending the difference between gameplay models and real-time cutscene models. I could point out any variety of games, notable PS2 FF titles, that have THREE different set of models... gameplay... real-time cutscene... and CGI cutscene... and needless to say, the real-time cutscene models BLOW AWAY the gameplay ones. I think it is fairly obvious you won't be playing a model that looks that good, until PlayStation4, but that doesn't mean they're using CGI, either. Everyone thinks the FFXIII real-time cutscenes are CGI too, even when we have a CGI model to compare them with, and they're clearly not the same.

Go GAF!!!

fixed :D

Pimpwerx

Dammit, my post this afternoon got eaten. :( Anyway, I was gonna ask when we would finally see the face modelling up to par with the E3 '05 trailer. The opening seconds were done in Maya AFAIK. Looks like my question was answered early. :D Hotness! Then again, Ninja Theory has been a house on fire since they announced this game for the PS3. They almost stole the show from Killzone in 2005, and they're definitely on a roll this month. PEACE.

Marconelly said:
This to me looks better than even the one that ships with 8800 card, I forgot the name. It definitely blows away those older ones, like Dawn.

Adrianne

25921-hi-adrianne2.jpg

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/nvidia/25921/images/25921-hi-adrianne3.jpg
http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/nvidia/25921/images/25921-hi-adrianne.jpg

RaijinFY

Nostromo said:
LOL! anyway, we don't have 2 versions of the skin shader, the same shader is being used for cut scene and also when you play the game.

A stupid question, still i have to ask, do you have planned to put this build playable at next E3?
Should we expect a tremendous upgrade compared to what has been shown so far?

Thx! :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:
When is E3 now anyway?

July 11-13

Oh, btw, the "only-for-US" BS was just that: bullshit. Me and many collegues got an official invitation a couple of days ago.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
TTP said:
July 11-13

Oh, btw, the "only-for-US" BS was just that: bullshit. Me and many collegues got an official invitation a couple of days ago.
Lucky bastard. :D Well, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw HS released around E3 (give or take a month). I think that whole "before christmas 07" stuff was bullshit. I think it was a recent Phil Harrison interview where he grouped a few titles coming out this year by when they would release and he didnt group heavenly sword with the titles "coming out in the later half of the year" or something along those lines. I'll have to find the quote.

theBishop

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Lucky bastard. :D Well, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw HS released around E3 (give or take a month). I think that whole "before christmas 07" stuff was bullshit. I think it was a recent Phil Harrison interview where he grouped a few titles coming out this year by when they would release and he didnt group heavenly sword with the titles "coming out in the later half of the year" or something along those lines. I'll have to find the quote.

i don't understand why they'd pay for Heroes product placement if the release wasn't imminent. Why wouldn't they pick Motorstorm?

xaosslug

CrushDance said:
Adrianne(the nvidia girl) is hot but she doesn't have lots of pics on the net. hence Nariko wins automatically. >_>

you know, that chick's a RL person. She married Peter Brady. :lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
theBishop said:
i don't understand why they'd pay for Heroes product placement if the release wasn't imminent. Why wouldn't they pick Motorstorm?
Yup, its another piece to the puzzle. I don't think HS is that far off. I mean 3-4 months from now to e3, speaking relatively, is not that long. Though, I think Lair will come before HS.

Chrono

Banned
theBishop said:

I suppose it was more of a PS3 add rather than a Heavenly Sword one. A fall release date isn't out of the question, seriously this game is BIG. It wouldn't surprise me to see this be the title Sony first party pushes as the PS3 killer app holiday 2007.

Wollan

From Kotaku:
Harrison: It's a killer line-up. When you launch a console it's never entirely predictable when the games are going to come out. But now we are into much more predictable software supply. You can look at the line-up starting with Formular 1, Motorstorm, MLB, Lair, Heavenly Sword, and moving into the fall with new games from Insomniac and Naughty Dog.

HS coming sooner than expected?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gdc07/gdc07-a-conversation-with-phil-harrison-242652.php

theBishop

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
Yup, its another piece to the puzzle. I don't think HS is that far off. I mean 3-4 months from now to e3, speaking relatively, is not that long. Though, I think Lair will come before HS.

I think Lair in May, HS in June. But i'd really love to see those bumped up a couple weeks.

dante786

Banned
theBishop said:
I think Lair in May, HS in June. But i'd really love to see those bumped up a couple weeks.

I'd be happy if they actually come out when you're predicting, both look realllly appealing to me.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
theBishop said:

U have to fit Warhawk in there. Perhaps not too close to Lair. Maybe in June, with Every Body's Golf 5 in July and HS in September. Then, R&C:F in October, Uncharted in November and Killzone in December (along side downloadable LBP).

lol, forgot MGS4

Wollan

The biggest PS3 killer app this year (any year? disregarding Home) is actually launching this June in Europe. SingStar. Of course, that is a marathon title that will sell and sell for the next 5-10 years and not all at once.

JB1981

Bad_Boy said:
Thats the exact quote I was referring to, thanks.

He doesn't include Heavenly Sword with the fall releases. For what it's worth, EB/Gamestop has Heavenly Sword slated for a June release. Maybe they're right this time?

theBishop

Banned
TTP said:
U have to fit Warhawk in there. Perhaps not too close to Lair. Maybe in June, with Every Body's Golf 5 in July and HS in September. Then, R&C:F in October, Uncharted in November and Killzone in December (along side downloadable LBP).

lol, forgot MGS4

I think Warhawk will be out a little later actually. Like July/August.

theBishop

Banned
Wollan said:
The biggest PS3 killer app this year (any year? disregarding Home) is actually launching this June in Europe. SingStar. Of course, that is a marathon title that will sell and sell for the next 5-10 years and not all at once.

If they had a healthy line up of indie rock and 80's punk, i'd be all over that, even if i had to download it.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
JB1981 said:
He doesn't include Heavenly Sword with the fall releases. For what it's worth, EB/Gamestop has Heavenly Sword slated for a June release. Maybe they're right this time?
Yeah, thats what I mean, see post 1319.

mckmas8808 said:
Yep it's offical. Heavenly Sword will come out before October. I'm going to guess Aug/Sept time frame. Lair in June is what I'm guessing.
I think lair and HS are much sooner than you think.

I think... in this order:

MLB the show
Lair
Singstar (in europe, later in US)
Eye of Judgment (not sure but I think it will release very close to singstar, eye toy and all)
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf 5 (earlier release in japan though)
Warhawk
Ratchet and Clank Future
Uncharted
Killzone

Throw in a bunch of PSN titles, maybe a new GTHD demo, tons of 3rd party titles, Home, LittleBigPlanet downloadable, a couple unannounced titles, a few we havent seen for a while (Monster Kingdom, Afrika)...and I think that might sum up 2007. :)
I don't think we will see eight days, the getaway, zipper's game (socom?), etc. until 2008.

Wollan

Here's a list from the PAL thread:

1st party games coming post launch in 2007 (that we know of):

- MLB07 The Show
- L.A.I.R
- SingStar
- Eye of Judgement
- Warhawk
- Monster Kingdom: Unknown Realms
- Heavenly Sword
- Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
- White Knight
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Trailer
- Killzone 2

Network titles coming later in 2007:

- Warhawk
- LittleBigPlanet - Trailer
- Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

The only title I would put a question mark around there is White Knight but the devs have stated an interest in releasing it this fall.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I wasnt that far off lol. And yeah about white knight, I'd be amazed if that game came out in 07. Then again we only saw a snippet of it, and that was many months ago. Is WKS being published by Sony?

Tieno

mckmas8808 said:
NEW SCREENSHOT!!!!!!

2rcwyz6.jpg

She is ****ing gorgeous.
I didn't realise that this was from Heavenly Sword. She's really pretty and sexy but is it me or does her look change a lot?
Anyone know what her nationality/background is?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Bad_Boy said:
Throw in a bunch of PSN titles, maybe a new GTHD demo, tons of 3rd party titles, Home, LittleBigPlanet downloadable, a couple unannounced titles, a few we havent seen for a while (Monster Kingdom, Afrika)...and I think that might sum up 2007. :)

WTH BB YOU FORGOT MGS4!

Yoboman

Gold Member
Tieno said:
I didn't realise that this was from Heavenly Sword. She's really pretty and sexy but is it me or does her look change a lot?
Anyone know what her nationality/background is?
I'm pretty sure she's from Mexico

IF that really is real-time, like in "playable" during the game, I'll buy two copies of the game. No way. That is absolutely gorgeous. Then again, I can't believe how good Motorstorm looks on my HDTV, so who knows?

Top Bottom